Official XBOX 360 Thread: Tekken 6 on 360!

sick of the wack xbox 360 controller for your fighting games?

416WQGG2oeL._SS500_.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i just got an 360........

Question (that will probably go ignored
laugh.gif
) do i have to buy the Xbox wireless adapter or can i use any router (i know thats a reach).
also where can i get that adapter for cheap?

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Well, I got the RROD last night. #2 overall. Any truth to the rumor about 3 times and you get a free elite?
nope you get a free game of your choice perfect dark or kameo, and they escalate your order to a second tier support

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif
) do i have to buy the Xbox wireless adapter or can i use any router (i know thats a reach).
I'm not sure how using a router works, but I assume anyone compatible with the 360 is fine (you'll have to look that up because I'mnot sure). I use the Wireless Adapter made by Microsoft, and I believe that is the only wireless adapter you can use for Live. It cost $100, and I assume youcan get it cheaper on eBay or maybe Amazon (used).

laugh.gif
just take the ethernet cable, and hook it up to a laptop that has wireless and bam, good to go!

and fraij, i suggest you check ebay and possibly check your local craigslist for any hook ups in your area

ive read about a method to "fix" your dpad to make it more functional for fighting games.

it's called the sandpaper method. i haven't read about it or what it does, i've just seen it mentioned in other places before. might want to googleif interested.

Does anyone have any free methods to use xbox live?
my trial just expired, and i cant buy it until i get my 100 dollar rebate during mid december..

Originally Posted by jae oh en

ive read about a method to "fix" your dpad to make it more functional for fighting games.

it's called the sandpaper method. i haven't read about it or what it does, i've just seen it mentioned in other places before. might want to google if interested.
What you do is sand the the inside of the opening where the d-pad sits it, like the wall around it... it gives the d-pad more space to movearound, and it supposedly fixes the problem.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

laugh.gif
just take the ethernet cable, and hook it up to a laptop that has wireless and bam, good to go!
Ahhhhh alright thanks, I'll definitely give that a go when my 360 comes in on friday. thanks.

Originally Posted by daaznfella

laugh.gif
This is when you bridge your connection right? I've always wanted to try this with my laptop...

I think the NBA 2k9 patch is available now for 360, there was an update when I turned the game on today, and I'm noticing that the subs aren'tresetting anymore.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by jae oh en

it's called the sandpaper method. i haven't read about it or what it does, i've just seen it mentioned in other places before. might want to google if interested.
What you do is sand the the inside of the opening where the d-pad sits it, like the wall around it... it gives the d-pad more space to move around, and it supposedly fixes the problem.
does anybody know how to fix the thumbsticks. I don't have any trouble with the dpads, but the left thumbstick on all my controllers seemsbroken. Do you think I can take a right thumbstick from an old controller an replace a left thumbstick?

Originally Posted by dgk3188

any more info on hooking up to xbox live thru the laptop connection?
It's as simple as it sounds.

Connect the 360 to your laptop via ethernet cable, and turn off/on your 360 and laptop.

When your laptop receives an internet signal as you jump into Windows, you should be good.

If that doesn't work, you have to fix your internet connection settings on your laptop.

Also, things are different between XP, Vista, and Mac.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

If I buy a XBOX from my friend and it gets the RROD do I get it fixed for free?
im not sure because when i sold my extra system, my buddy had to call Microsoft to register the console under his name and erase mine

Back
Top Bottom