Official World Series Thread: Texas (3) @ St. Louis (4), CARDINALS GRAB THEIR 11th

Thread moved up 10+ pages since the 9th inning
eek.gif

I'm willing to bet a pretty penny that the Cards will win this after a performance like that,I mean with 2 outs and 2 strikes TWICE and somehow pulling through and winning by walk off,!$%% is destiny man. 

Top 3 baseball game I've ever seen,just incredible 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't mean to sound cheesy, but I know I'm not the only one the sensed something special/magical would happen this game. When the Cardinals went down by 3 runs late in the game, I knew in my heart the Cardinals would win that game even though it didn't seem likely. Even when Hamilton hit that homerun, it didn't change my feelings towards the game. And no lie, I knew Freese would hit that homerun to win the game. He looked so focused when he got up at bat, and he had the momentum and confidence on his side after that huge triple.

I will never comprehend Ron Washington letting Colby Lewis hit with the bases loaded and letting Lance Berkman hit left-handed in the 10th. Ever.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

World Series baseball > *
laugh.gif

What sporting event is better/has more drama?

I'm over here sitting through entire games tense as $+%+ and I don't give a damn about either team.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I'm not even a big baseball guy anymore, but I won't take away from the greatness that is the World Series.

The fact that you have to wait around and think so much between plays/see the players' faces/emotions is what makes it so good.

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

Originally Posted by JD214

Had the game won twice. Nelson trying to play stupid on right field, dude lost it, dude should be on suicide watch.
Not even a Rangers fan. But I'm still trying to figure out why he let up on the ball, he wasnt even at the warning track yet.

I'm guessing dude was trying to make a stylish play, and yes there was like 3 or 4 feet left and he stopped. He could've gone all the way back and caught that ball.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I will never comprehend Ron Washington letting Colby Lewis hit with the bases loaded and letting Lance Berkman hit left-handed in the 10th. Ever.
And then NOT leaving Feldman in to hit with runner on first, 2 out. 

Also the way he used Adams... it ended up working out, but he could have brought him in much earlier (to face 2 left handers).

If he would have brought Adams in before/when I think he should (to clean up Ogando's mess), Holland could have still been ready/gone longer.  Of course, that doesn't matter now... just some stuff I was thinking during the game as it was happening.

I thought they were going to walk him, specially when Napoli stood up.

Really don't blame Ron on that since Allen Craig was next (I think), dude's been hitting well.

And I really thought they should've kept Feliz in, Never liked Oliver.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JD214

I thought they were going to walk him, specially when Napoli stood up.

Really don't blame Ron on that since Allen Craig was next (I think), dude's been hitting well.

And I really thought they should've kept Feliz in, Never liked Oliver.
30t6p3b.gif
Craig was up next... and he had been hitting pretty well (pretty streaky, really)... but it was still a righty/righty matchup and would have created a force out at any base.

Knowing the context of what happened... they walked Pujols (a right handed batter who had 1 hit in the last 3 games) to get to Berkman (the hottest hitter in the series... hitting nearly .500), which makes no sense to me.  You have to either pitch to Pujols or walk both of them.

And just to add too... if they were so willing to put the winning run ON base in the first place (which they did by walking Pujols), I don't see why they wouldn't be willing to move him over another base to avoid a horrible matchup.

Last Game 7 was won by an AL West team.

Rangers haven't lost 2 games in a row in like forever. (can't remember how long they said it had been, but they just said it on ESPN)

BUT...

Like I said, the Cardinals aren't losing Gm. 7 at home.

Second blowout of the WS begins in approximately 18.5 hours.

Shame on Cruz for not running that ball down and jumping like his life depended on it. It's the final out for a World Series chip and son tip toeing
30t6p3b.gif
Loss is definitely on him.

What a game though
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Air 23 AJ

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

FREESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SADKFJL;ASKDJFLo@#(()$*@#()*@!#)&r#%(r$urkjio#rh$#)$e(u$e(uWRIOJW

asdfyo9aw8eyr

and you were already calling the Rangers champs by the 9th 
Cards definitely win tomorrow
I pulled a move out of my boy FirstBorn`s book..........reverse psychology all day baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nelson Cruz is injured (strained groin) status unknown for tomorrow.

I respect certain NT'ers opinions that World Series Baseball> * but you can say the same about anything. Game 6 of an NBA Finals is almost always crazy competitive. After watching Dallas vs Miami, people were saying that was one of the best NBA Series ever. When the Steelers beat the Cardinals on Holmes last minute catch, people said it was one of the best Superbowls ever. So naturally, after an intense game like that, people will say World Series baseball is great.

If one of these teams got swept, the media would be saying that baseball is no longer America's past time, ratings are down, blah blah. Sports is a "What have you done for me lately?" form of entertainment.

Nelson Cruz is injured (strained groin) status unknown for tomorrow.

Holliday might be up in the air, too.

Hell, even Napoli. The next day after that ankle roll without the immediate adrenaline from tonight... who knows.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I respect certain NT'ers opinions that World Series Baseball> * but you can say the same about anything. Game 6 of an NBA Finals is almost always crazy competitive. After watching Dallas vs Miami, people were saying that was one of the best NBA Series ever. When the Steelers beat the Cardinals on Holmes last minute catch, people said it was one of the best Superbowls ever. So naturally, after an intense game like that, people will say World Series baseball is great.

If one of these teams got swept, the media would be saying that baseball is no longer America's past time, ratings are down, blah blah. Sports is a "What have you done for me lately?" form of entertainment.

Pretty much.

That game was something unreal. And this coming from someone who isnt a baseball fan. After watching tonight there is no way I am missing the game tomorrow night.

Pure awesomeness tonight. One of the best games Ive ever watched.

Texas don't have a defensive replacement for Cruz? He looked terrible on that fly ball. Now it could really haunt them.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm strictly talking about the drama.

The pressure/anxiety/high tension/strategy in the World Series is unmatched, IMO.

Like I already said, the monotonous pace, seeing the players emotion on their faces throughout and the fact that it's played in front of home crowds (unlike the Super Bowl) make it that much more exhilarating.

Football and Basketball are easily my favorite sports, but I can still admit this.

And I'm not being a prisoner of the moment, I have always thought this way.

UPPTEMPO8387:
SPORTS
pimp.gif

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."

laugh.gif
... ... ... ... ... ... ...
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom