Official World Series Texas Rangers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-1) Giants Win World Series!

Bumgarner reminds me of a left handed Jered Weaver, in that he hides the ball very well during his delivery. Used his changeup well last night.

He also joined some elite company, as one of the youngest pitchers to throw 8-plus innings and allow zero runs in World Series history:

Jim Palmer: 20 years, 356 days in 1966 WS Game 2
Madison Bumgarner: 21-92, 2010 WS Game 4
Chief Bender: 21-158, 1905 WS Game 2
Steve Avery: 21-179, 1991 NLCS Game 2
Steve Avery: 21-185, 1991 NLCS Game 6

Here are the youngest starters to win a World Series game:

1913 Joe Bush: 20 years, 316 days
1981 Fernando Valenzuela, 20-356
1966 Jim Palmer, 20-356
2010 Madison Bumgarner, 21-91
1905 Chief Bender, 21-158
1985 Bret Saberhagen, 21-194
1985 Bret Saberhagen, 21-199
1916 Babe Ruth, 21-246

Bumgarner reminds me of a left handed Jered Weaver, in that he hides the ball very well during his delivery. Used his changeup well last night.

He also joined some elite company, as one of the youngest pitchers to throw 8-plus innings and allow zero runs in World Series history:

Jim Palmer: 20 years, 356 days in 1966 WS Game 2
Madison Bumgarner: 21-92, 2010 WS Game 4
Chief Bender: 21-158, 1905 WS Game 2
Steve Avery: 21-179, 1991 NLCS Game 2
Steve Avery: 21-185, 1991 NLCS Game 6

Here are the youngest starters to win a World Series game:

1913 Joe Bush: 20 years, 316 days
1981 Fernando Valenzuela, 20-356
1966 Jim Palmer, 20-356
2010 Madison Bumgarner, 21-91
1905 Chief Bender, 21-158
1985 Bret Saberhagen, 21-194
1985 Bret Saberhagen, 21-199
1916 Babe Ruth, 21-246

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Nah i'll pass, im sure you will though when you lose the series and Cliff Lee walks in the off-season
laugh.gif
Does watching this make you feel better about what happened a week ago?
correct_answer.gif

Espn is hilarious - the sidebar on the Bumgarner article has every writer changing their tune but that herb Gene Wojciechowski. He instead opts to say "Blown calls in Game 4 hurt the Rangers, magnifying the need for expanded instant replay".

Espn is hilarious - the sidebar on the Bumgarner article has every writer changing their tune but that herb Gene Wojciechowski. He instead opts to say "Blown calls in Game 4 hurt the Rangers, magnifying the need for expanded instant replay".

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

and look at homies hat behind her as he sits.. its upside doen
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
That's not out of the norm in baseball. They call it a rally cap.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

and look at homies hat behind her as he sits.. its upside doen
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
That's not out of the norm in baseball. They call it a rally cap.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

laugh.gif

The umpiring yesterday was terrible. They did miss a handful of calls and the strike zone was all over the place...

But the Rangers are getting outplayed. There's no two ways around it. They're getting out-pitched. They're getting out-hit. Every bounce or break that could go one way or the other goes the other way. Just a complete dismantling by the Giants through 4 games.

I think the Rangers win tonight and the Giants close it out in 6. If the Rangers get to 7, I like the hell outta their chances, but unless something drastic changes, it's not gonna get that far.

The umpiring yesterday was terrible. They did miss a handful of calls and the strike zone was all over the place...

But the Rangers are getting outplayed. There's no two ways around it. They're getting out-pitched. They're getting out-hit. Every bounce or break that could go one way or the other goes the other way. Just a complete dismantling by the Giants through 4 games.

I think the Rangers win tonight and the Giants close it out in 6. If the Rangers get to 7, I like the hell outta their chances, but unless something drastic changes, it's not gonna get that far.

hope they finish it tonight. score a couple runs early, get the crowd out of it, and come home with the trophy. i expect the rangers to be on point tonight, i just hope the giants dont relax and expect to win. like everybody says, anything can happen. a question for rangers fan, did ron washington play any small ball or move runners over in the regular season?

hope they finish it tonight. score a couple runs early, get the crowd out of it, and come home with the trophy. i expect the rangers to be on point tonight, i just hope the giants dont relax and expect to win. like everybody says, anything can happen. a question for rangers fan, did ron washington play any small ball or move runners over in the regular season?

Strike zone was expanded on the corners for both teams though. Buster got called out on strikes on an outside pitch. Low strikes and belt high were consistently called.

How often on good plays or bang-bang plays does the umpire give the runne first? Hardly. Was he safe, yes he was. One was worst than the other, for sure. It's similar to all the years the SS never came close to even remotely touching 2nd on a double play, they'd still give them the call.

And the Fox box is ******ed...for both teams

Strike zone was expanded on the corners for both teams though. Buster got called out on strikes on an outside pitch. Low strikes and belt high were consistently called.

How often on good plays or bang-bang plays does the umpire give the runne first? Hardly. Was he safe, yes he was. One was worst than the other, for sure. It's similar to all the years the SS never came close to even remotely touching 2nd on a double play, they'd still give them the call.

And the Fox box is ******ed...for both teams

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

what the hell has happened to the rangers?

Same thing people were wondering about the Phillies and it just baffles me.  Obviously, I know we have been underdogs the last two series, but this comment AND all the coverage on ESPN and Fox have been saying the same thing.  The Rangers lineup is slumping.  The Phillies are slumping.  Whats wrong with the Rangers bats?
NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THEIR BATS!!!!!  They just ran into the best pitching in the MLB.  We still arent getting any credit.  Oh well.  We are one away.  LETS GET IT!!

GIAAAAAANTS BABY!!!!

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

what the hell has happened to the rangers?

Same thing people were wondering about the Phillies and it just baffles me.  Obviously, I know we have been underdogs the last two series, but this comment AND all the coverage on ESPN and Fox have been saying the same thing.  The Rangers lineup is slumping.  The Phillies are slumping.  Whats wrong with the Rangers bats?
NOTHING IS WRONG WITH THEIR BATS!!!!!  They just ran into the best pitching in the MLB.  We still arent getting any credit.  Oh well.  We are one away.  LETS GET IT!!

GIAAAAAANTS BABY!!!!

Basically every bounce has gone the Giants' way. Torres had that hit that bounced off first base and over Moreland's head, that double that was about 2 inches from a ground rule double that would've kept Renteria at third, and obviously Kinsler's near HR.

And as far as what's wrong with the Rangers go, nothing. Like stated before they've run into a team with timely 2 out hitting and the best pitching in the majors.

Basically every bounce has gone the Giants' way. Torres had that hit that bounced off first base and over Moreland's head, that double that was about 2 inches from a ground rule double that would've kept Renteria at third, and obviously Kinsler's near HR.

And as far as what's wrong with the Rangers go, nothing. Like stated before they've run into a team with timely 2 out hitting and the best pitching in the majors.

[h3]ARLINGTON, TEXAS[/h3]
They are the team of Mays and McCovey and Bonds. But Sunday night, as the 2010 Giants moved within one victory of the franchise’s first World Series title in San Francisco, manager Bruce Bochy started:
[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif]
[/font]
• First baseman Travis Ishikawa for the first time since Aug. 14.

• Right fielder Nate Schierholtz for the first time since Sept. 15.

• Aubrey Huff at designated hitter for the first time all season.

Only Huff played a major role, hitting a two-run homer to spark a 4-0 victory in Game 4 of the World Series. But this is why I love the Giants. They are greater than the sum of their parts, a collection that defies every computer program, the very definition of team

http://msn.foxsports.com/...-a-team-right-now-103110

It didnt take long
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom