:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by JD214

Kind of a dirty game by Ghana though.

14whnb.jpg

Ghana goalie played well today. Bradley does need some blame.

Saw the end of the game at a mexican restaurant, they were all going for us. Which was suprising to me since some of my friends only root for mexico.

I can already hear the excuses coming.

those damn early goal.

but hey, it was an emotional ride and proud the boys fought and played with heart till the end.

see ya in brazil.

So after watching some of these games Dempsey seems like the only dude I can rock with from the US squad. Does he play for a MLS team I might try to catch a few minutes of a game sometime.

he plays for Fulham in the EPL. He's trash. he's alright for an American player.

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

So after watching some of these games Dempsey seems like the only dude I can rock with from the US squad. Does he play for a MLS team I might try to catch a few minutes of a game sometime.
Haha well for the total 45 minutes that ive watched of the WC he was the only dude I always seen hustling for the US, well cept Donovan but hes a weird dude so yeah..

The better team won.

They need to start from scratch and rebuild this team. is there really no soccer player in the whole U.S. that can pull an individual move out of nowhere?

I still think the U.S. could have gotten lucky and won if ******o Clark had not started. I mean, there was no reason at all for dude to have started. Bradley should be axed for that move alone.

The U.S. had no creativity and terrible finishing when they had their chances. The defense is atrocious though. Both goals were
smh.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by JD214

Kind of a dirty game by Ghana though.

Where u lookin for an excuse to use the gif?
grin.gif

But anyways i agree.

And.....

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

those damn early goal.

but hey, it was an emotional ride and proud the boys fought and played with heart till the end.

see ya in brazil.
THIS.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Originally Posted by Noskey

Why do these announcers say the US should be proud of what the accomplished? They didnt do #%@%. They barely made it through the group stage, by literally a miracle goal, just to get eliminated AGAIN by Ghana, after letting though 2 stupid +*!, absolutely dumb @#%%#%! goals that could have been prevented by playing middle school level defense. If Bradley knew how to handle the game and who to play, the US would have fared much better. But no, his dumb +*! wants to play someone who cant hit a shot from 10 feet out, someone who cant play defense when his position calls for it half the time, and someone who's hobbling up and down the field the first half. Not to mention he's gonna play a group of defenders who cant keep their man in front of them.

So what exactly does the US have to be proud about? Making it? +%#% that, making it is the bare expectation now. I fully want to see a new coach by the next Cup, and a team who's actually ready to make a run instead of fizzle out after getting the entire nations hopes up with exciting comebacks.

+%#%
mad.gif
Yes I'm mad. I'm !!%+@%+ furious.
QFT! Nothing to be proud of...

you guys are caught up in the moment and letting your emotions speak for you (which is fine)

you're quick to criticize Bradley's tactical decision making but how quickly you forget that it was his decision making that put us in a position to comeback against Slovenia and make 180 degree turns in terms of performance in the second halves today and against Algeria.

I'm not saying he was perfect. the entire tournament i was angered by his relentless confidence in Findley and i felt Feilhaber or Edu should have held down a starting role from day one of the tournament. by the way i'm really curious as to what you guys would have had him do with our defensive unit.

all that said, if you can't see the positive here then you're incredibly short sighted. the team overcame countless obstacles (some of them self imposed) and conjured some of the most exciting moments of the 2010 World Cup so far. for ten days the nation with arguably the least attachment to the sport and to the tournament was inseparable from it. what happened these last two weeks transcends results. it's bigger than Bob Bradley and 23 man squad that lost this afternoon.

in the United States, the sport as a whole benefited from the UMNT's performance in South Africa.

maybe you guys don't pay attention to the National Team outside of the one month every four years the WC is underway or to the development of youth soccer in America but the way i see it there's a lot of reason for optimism moving forward.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Another thing, I don't think the US will have an easier path to the semifinal anytime in the near future, if ever. Beat Ghana and Uruguay and get to the final four of the World Cup, but they came up short.
Beating Ghana and Uruguay is obviously not that easy, why should USA beat them ?
Forlan and Suarez alone could keep your defence busy.

I knew somebody would post that goal. is that the only chip shot you've ever seen?

Be honest though he gets all the praise because He is an American Player. Put him up against a world class player and he shrinks.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Altidore sucks, there. I said it.

he had moments of individual brilliance. i really think he and Findley's chemistry was way off. they looked terrible playing together out there.

honestly though......the better team probably did win here.

the us team was pretty good but i feel they were massively overrated here, especially with all the praise heaped on them by ESPN and the like. it's gotten to the point where the (very) casual soccer fan in the US thinks landon donovan is some sort of a top tier international player. these guys played their hearts out but they are not exactly blessed with a ton of talent.

this was not a disappointing finish for this caliber of a team. this country has some amazing athletic talent and a huge population. the soccer program will probably rebuild and come out stronger than ever in four years.

and....not that they're the only team to do this kinda stuff, but ghana could've finished the match out with a little more class. that self-injury nonsense was embarrassing. and i'm not even a usa fan, i'm not bitter. i'm actually pretty happy for ghana. it's nice to see an african nation still in the running.

vamos españa!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

The better team won.

They need to start from scratch and rebuild this team. is there really no soccer player in the whole U.S. that can pull an individual move out of nowhere?

that's exactly what i was thinking throughout usa's run.  i'm not too big on soccer at all, but whenever i see highlights from like brazil or portugal or an elite team they always have players that can shake the *+*$ outta someone and score.  the us doesn't have anyone that could really score w/o help.

regardless, ghana won because they outplayed us. though i don't think we should participate in another world cup unless it's in america w/ refs that'll help us out for once
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Originally Posted by Noskey

Why do these announcers say the US should be proud of what the accomplished? They didnt do #%@%. They barely made it through the group stage, by literally a miracle goal, just to get eliminated AGAIN by Ghana, after letting though 2 stupid +*!, absolutely dumb @#%%#%! goals that could have been prevented by playing middle school level defense. If Bradley knew how to handle the game and who to play, the US would have fared much better. But no, his dumb +*! wants to play someone who cant hit a shot from 10 feet out, someone who cant play defense when his position calls for it half the time, and someone who's hobbling up and down the field the first half. Not to mention he's gonna play a group of defenders who cant keep their man in front of them.

So what exactly does the US have to be proud about? Making it? +%#% that, making it is the bare expectation now. I fully want to see a new coach by the next Cup, and a team who's actually ready to make a run instead of fizzle out after getting the entire nations hopes up with exciting comebacks.

+%#%
mad.gif
Yes I'm mad. I'm !!%+@%+ furious.
QFT! Nothing to be proud of...

you guys are caught up in the moment and letting your emotions speak for you (which is fine)

you're quick to criticize Bradley's tactical decision making but how quickly you forget that it was his decision making that put us in a position to comeback against Slovenia and make 180 degree turns in terms of performance in the second halves today and against Algeria.

I'm not saying he was perfect. the entire tournament i was angered by his relentless confidence in Findley and i felt Feilhaber or Edu should have held down a starting role from day one of the tournament. by the way i'm really curious as to what you guys would have had him do with our defensive unit.

all that said, if you can't see the positive here then you're incredibly short sighted. the team overcame countless obstacles (some of them self imposed) and conjured some of the most exciting moments of the 2010 World Cup so far. for ten days the nation with arguably the least attachment to the sport and to the tournament was inseparable from it. what happened these last two weeks transcends results. it's bigger than Bob Bradley and 23 man squad that lost this afternoon.

in the United States, the sport as a whole benefited from the UMNT's performance in South Africa.

maybe you guys don't pay attention to the National Team outside of the one month every four years the WC is underway or to the development of youth soccer in America but the way i see it there's a lot of reason for optimism moving forward.
Well yeah, he did put in the right personnel to come back against Slovenia/beat Algeria. But the thing I'm upset about, is that we should have never been in that position. At least for Algeria. I dont know what I would have done with the defense, I'm just mad as hell that they never seem to come to play. We were obviously fielding the best we had, but I just cant see that being good enough for the future at any time.

And yes, I AM ecstatic about how this tourney garnered more interesting in the sport than ever before, but I can already feel the United States being disillusioned by the choke today, and feeling jaded that with how much ESPN and other sources hyped us up, and that the interest level will be back to nil within the next year. Now hopefully the people who were caught up in this years Cup will be back next time, but I wouldnt hold it against them if they chose to ignore it. But I will agree with you, there is a lot of optimism for the future as long as we keep building on what he have now an develop a true contending team.

And I do follow the team outside of the World Cup
smile.gif

Back to the Dutch avy.

Originally Posted by engoi

Another thing, I don't think the US will have an easier path to the semifinal anytime in the near future, if ever. Beat Ghana and Uruguay and get to the final four of the World Cup, but they came up short.
Beating Ghana and Uruguay is obviously not that easy, why should USA beat them ?
Not saying it is easy, or that US should have beat them, just that this may have been their only chance to get so far without having to beat a team like Brazil, Germany, Spain etc. Forlan and Suarez are obviously immensely talented, but if the US is what their fans and the US media think they are, beating Ghana and Uruguay to get to the semis shouldn't be an impossible task for them. 

Originally Posted by engoi

Not saying it is easy, or that US should have beat them, just that this may have been their only chance to get so far without having to beat a team like Brazil, Germany, Spain etc. Forlan and Suarez are obviously immensely talented, but if the US is what their fans and the US media think they are, beating Ghana and Uruguay to get to the semis shouldn't be an impossible task for them. 

oh and yeah the announcers were definitely quite biased......but they're mostly americans, what do you expect?

i know here in america we watch national sports leagues so we expect unbiased commentary during a celtics vs. lakers final, but any national broadcast of the world cup is gonna be just as biased wherever you go.

Back
Top Bottom