pimp.gif

EPIC pic 
smokin.gif
  USA USA USA

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Giuseppe Rossi hows that world cup going for you?

I don't understand the point of this, you're mad because he didn't choose to play for team USA while admitting that it would be easier to make the USA squad than the Italy squad.

don't forget neven subotic, who also could have played with the US

If I recall correctly, Subotic wasn't offered a spot on the US squad at some point in his teenage years, and he left in part because of that. No?

And with Rossi, I think it's sad when people try to act like he's some sort of traitor. Are Tim Duncan and Hakeem Olajuwon traitors? Freddy Adu? It's not like Rossi was totally unconnected to Italy and bounced out of spite, his parents were Italian immigrants and he played for his family's country. Not sure how you criticize that or clown him for it.
Why wouldn't we criticize.  We are proud Americans and would want an American born and bred player to play for America.  Why would we not be upset.  Do I understand why he did it?  Yes.  Would I still like to laugh at him since we are in the Round of 16 and he never even caught a flight to SA?  Yes.  Subotic is a different situation.  If he made the U20 team he would probably have played for America so I don't blame him.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Halftime718 wrote:

RetroBaller wrote:

Giuseppe Rossi hows that world cup going for you?

I don't understand the point of this, you're mad because he didn't choose to play for team USA while admitting that it would be easier to make the USA squad than the Italy squad.

don't forget neven subotic, who also could have played with the US

If I recall correctly, Subotic wasn't offered a spot on the US squad at some point in his teenage years, and he left in part because of that. No?

And with Rossi, I think it's sad when people try to act like he's some sort of traitor. Are Tim Duncan and Hakeem Olajuwon traitors? Freddy Adu? It's not like Rossi was totally unconnected to Italy and bounced out of spite, his parents were Italian immigrants and he played for his family's country. Not sure how you criticize that or clown him for it.

subotic got butt hurt he didnt get chosen for the u-20, and rossi said he doesnt feel American when he plays.

Italy
roll.gif
smokin.gif
Amazing. This World Cup is getting crazier and crazier. The 2 best teams of 2006 are gone, England was a point from being gone, and Spain could be hypothetically eliminated too.

If Spain finishes second in their group, it's quite likely that Spain, Brazil and Holland will all be in one quarter of the bracket, while Argentina, Germany and England are already in another. Then there's a quarter that features Uruguay, Korea, US and Ghana, and another that will likely feature Portugal, Chile, Paraguay and Denmark. I think most objective fans of the game would have preferred the bracket to be more evenly balanced, making for a stronger semi-finals. This might end up being like 2002 when two teams that probably don't belong in the semis (Korea and Turkey in 2002) end up there.

There's a big difference though, the minnows that make it to semi-finals out of the weak sides of the bracket will have deserved it this World Cup, in 2002 Korea made it to semi-finals with significant help from the refs, that World Cup was downright atrocious, this one has been exciting to watch.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

If Spain finishes second in their group, it's quite likely that Spain, Brazil and Holland will all be in one quarter of the bracket, while Argentina, Germany and England are already in another. Then there's a quarter that features Uruguay, Korea, US and Ghana, and another that will likely feature Portugal, Chile, Paraguay and Denmark. I think most objective fans of the game would have preferred the bracket to be more evenly balanced, making for a stronger semi-finals. This might end up being like 2002 when two teams that probably don't belong in the semis (Korea and Turkey in 2002) end up there.

There's a big difference though, the minnows that make it to semi-finals out of the weak sides of the bracket will have deserved it this World Cup, in 2002 Korea made it to semi-finals with significant help from the refs, that World Cup was downright atrocious, this one has been exciting to watch.
9f725604cebdce79d4ca16fc72a6140042918c9.gif

I think they belong there.

Originally Posted by Noskey

Italy
roll.gif
smokin.gif
Amazing. This World Cup is getting crazier and crazier. The 2 best teams of 2006 are gone, England was a point from being gone, and Spain could be hypothetically eliminated too.
Who woulda thought man lol
pimp.gif

WOOOOOH
Japan gettin' it done.
There's nothing wrong with that ball.
They perfectly tilted it and omg...that was amazing..
I can't even....just
f09j5d.gif

Denmark is looking like trash out on that field

why is the WC bracket stacked on one side while the other side seems easy. Netherlands is like the best squad on our side of the bracket while you got Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany, Mexico, and England on the opposite side

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Turkey beat Japan and Senegal to get to the semifinals in 2002. They deserved it, of course, in the sense that they did what they had to do and beat the teams that were in front of them, but I think there's a notable difference as a soccer fan. Portugal beat Holland and England to get there in 2006. France beat Spain and Brazil. When you compare that to Uruguay's potential path this year through Korea and the US, it just doesn't seem right.

Back
Top Bottom