:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by engoi

he looked onside to me

On the replay it was clear, he was offside.
i was paying half attention but that last defenders leg kept him on. Not that i really care either
laugh.gif
That's what I saw too, but that's futbol. Sometimes you get call in your favor and sometimes against.

Good game either way.

Originally Posted by GMA 11

both 2006 finalists are out in the group stages 
laugh.gif
Whose case is more "pathetic" (in the lightest of meaning), Italy or France?

- France was in shambles with coaching and players basically from the start.
- Italy finishing last in their weak ranked group.

I dont get all the hate Italy gets for diving. Every team dives. Did y'all not see the antics pulled by the Slovakians today in the final 20-minutes?

Italy were the best team from start to finish in the 2006 WC. The 2010 version of this team was crap.

New Zealand finishing with more points than Italy is pretty funny though.

Originally Posted by engoi

he looked onside to me

On the replay it was clear, he was offside.
i was paying half attention but that last defenders leg kept him on. Not that i really care either
laugh.gif
I was wrong, the defenders foot was particulary ahead.

If Spain finishes second in their group, it's quite likely that Spain, Brazil and Holland will all be in one quarter of the bracket, while Argentina, Germany and England are already in another. Then there's a quarter that features Uruguay, Korea, US and Ghana, and another that will likely feature Portugal, Chile, Paraguay and Denmark. I think most objective fans of the game would have preferred the bracket to be more evenly balanced, making for a stronger semi-finals. This might end up being like 2002 when two teams that probably don't belong in the semis (Korea and Turkey in 2002) end up there.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by GMA 11

both 2006 finalists are out in the group stages 
laugh.gif
Whose case is more "pathetic" (in the lightest of meaning), Italy or France?

- France was in shambles with coaching and players basically from the start.
- Italy finishing last in their weak ranked group.
Both were pathetic but France were worse I think. 2 losses, just 1 goal scored, a fight during halftime, a fight during practice, players striking, the President of the country intervening, etc.

Italy scored 4 goals and finished with 2 pts. A better showing than the French.

I have a feeling Netherlands are gonna spank Cameroon today. Cameroon have the weakest defence among all the African teams and I think Holland will run circles around them.

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Kiwis are through!? WOW Incredible!
nah. It's Paraguay and Slovakia
Yeah, I redid my arithmetic right after I hit "POST".  That makes much more sense... 

Giuseppe Rossi hows that world cup going for you?

I don't understand the point of this, you're mad because he didn't choose to play for team USA while admitting that it would be easier to make the USA squad than the Italy squad.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

I don't understand the point of this, you're mad because he didn't choose to play for team USA while admitting that it would be easier to make the USA squad than the Italy squad.

don't forget neven subotic, who also could have played with the US

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Halftime718

don't forget neven subotic, who also could have played with the US

If I recall correctly, Subotic wasn't offered a spot on the US squad at some point in his teenage years, and he left in part because of that. No?

And with Rossi, I think it's sad when people try to act like he's some sort of traitor. Are Tim Duncan and Hakeem Olajuwon traitors? Freddy Adu? It's not like Rossi was totally unconnected to Italy and bounced out of spite, his parents were Italian immigrants and he played for his family's country. Not sure how you criticize that or clown him for it.

Back
Top Bottom