Official WDYWT JULY 2024 Thread 🇺🇸🎆

20240717_174208.jpg

Such a great silhouette. A fun time in the sneaker universe.
I remember scooping these up when they released, realized I couldn't handle the narrowness of the shoe (and I have narrow feet myself), decided to wipe them down before selling andddddddd.... Damn. That black midsole paint smeared so bad. I tried to message Nike about it and they basically said "tough luck." Like a good teenager with relationship issues, it didn't keep me from diving back in to grab a pair of the multicolor Racers. Definitely one of those silhouettes that I just couldn't accept a "no" from, even though they kept screaming it to me at every opportunity :lol::smh:

Such a great silhouette. A fun time in the sneaker universe.
I remember scooping these up when they released, realized I couldn't handle the narrowness of the shoe (and I have narrow feet myself), decided to wipe them down before selling andddddddd.... Damn. That black midsole paint smeared so bad. I tried to message Nike about it and they basically said "tough luck." Like a good teenager with relationship issues, it didn't keep me from diving back in to grab a pair of the multicolor Racers. Definitely one of those silhouettes that I just couldn't accept a "no" from, even though they kept screaming it to me at every opportunity :lol::smh:
I was skeptical with racers for a while too, because of the narrowness. Once I grabbed my first pair, I had no issues, and grabbed more… and more. I remember some of the colorways were a little more difficult than others, but if you were active in the flyknit thread here on NT, you had a pretty good chance at grabbing what you wanted, sometimes at a discount (shoutout to roadrunner sports).

Got two pairs and they were and are narrow af but I didn’t rely on them since I have so many others to rock. What I hated about them is they have a short life span. Uppers are solid but can tear and the rim around the sole comes right off (happened after throwing in the washer like 2x maybe).

I wish I had time/effort to put my DS barge cement to use. lol

Got two pairs and they were and are narrow af but I didn’t rely on them since I have so many others to rock. What I hated about them is they have a short life span. Uppers are solid but can tear and the rim around the sole comes right off (happened after throwing in the washer like 2x maybe).

I wish I had time/effort to put my DS barge cement to use. lol
luckily I haven’t had any issues as of yet. Minor paint chipping on one or two pairs. I don’t see any of the pairs I own lasting much longer. I’ve seen a lot of pairs with the outsole falling off, which is an easy fix for non-lazy people 😂

Back
Top Bottom