Official Warriors Season Thread

Starting O'Bryant?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

maybe w/ stephen on the sideline, that'll provide some good motivation for the first W.
is there some reason why stephen jackson can't be at the games? every time they mention his name they say he's watching from home. ifyou're suspended you can't attend the games or something? i'd love to have sjax on the bench cheering the team on and giving them some motivationduring timeouts and all.

Kelenna on Prince is not something i want to see. Prince got 4 inches on him height wise, and hes lanky.

Someone put color in my sig!

The Tayshaun/Azubuike matchup isn't something I worry about. Tayshaun has a combined 29 points in his last 4 games. Other than the first game, he'sbeen struggling. The only matchup that I worry about is whoever is guarding Sheed. Nobody on the Warriors can matchup with him. But like I said earlier, theWarriors dominated the Pistons last year, once when Murphy and Dunleavy were still on the team. Warriors, 1-5 after Wednesday.

i BELIEVE stephen will be at the next two games on the sidelines...there was some reason/exception as to why he could do this...unless i heard wrong...

[h1]Nelson's young reserves likely to stay on bench[/h1]

Janny Hu, Chronicle Staff Writer

Monday, November 12, 2007

(11-11) 20:29 PST -- Rookie Kosta Perovic had the right idea: The 7-foot-2 center, who is last in his team's pecking order, arrived at practice Sunday morning with a new and impossible-to-miss hairdo. He was completely bald.

"Change," Perovic said. "No bet. Just change."

The Warriors indeed could use some different mojo after their 0-5 start, but it doesn't figure to come from an aerodynamic Perovic or any of his rookie teammates.

Marco Belinelli, Brandan Wright and Stephane Lasme have combined for 53 minutes this season, with 49 of those belonging to Belinelli. Wright made a four-minute appearance against Cleveland, Lasme subbed for four seconds against the Mavericks and Perovic has yet to crack the active roster.

If Belinelli and Wright get extended minutes this season, it could be a bad sign for the Warriors. Coach Don Nelson, long saddled with a reputation for not playing rookies - especially rookie big men - reiterated Sunday that he will ride his experienced players for any turnaround of fortunes.

"I haven't been successful, but I'm going to continue along that line," said Nelson, before adding a caveat: "There will be a point if things aren't going well, that I'll be playing those young guys more. It's common sense ... if we don't get the ship turned around."

For the rookies, that means improvements will come through practice for now. The Warriors are down six players because of injury and excused absences, turning their current five-day break into a Basketball 101 of sorts. Nine healthy bodies have led to four-on-four scrimmaging, which has led to more individual attention and analysis.

It has given Nelson a chance to run Wright at power forward with what remains of the first team and match Belinelli against Monta Ellis as both become more familiar with the point-guard position.

"A lot of the young guys are getting a lot of opportunities to get out there and play, and some of the older guys are really pushing us to get better," Wright said.

Nelson has been pairing Wright with Stephen Jackson to get the two used to Wright's "timing and movements." Already, Jackson has found Wright cutting to the basket and finishing.

Wright's basketball acumen has grown exponentially, but there is no speeding up what Nelson considers the rookie's biggest flaw: At 6-9 and 200 pounds, Wright is a featherweight among the NBA's power forwards.

"The maturity of his body is as important as anything," Nelson said. "He weighs about as much as my left leg."

Wright has taken some turns at small forward, bringing a new set of positioning and plays to learn. The 20-year-old did not face-up or play on the perimeter much in college, but he says the Warriors "expect me to be smart and be able to pick things up quickly."

Meanwhile, Belinelli's shooting and defensive struggles have led Nelson to accelerate the 6-5 guard's development at the point. For Belinelli, who did not play the position in Europe, it's another adjustment in his rough NBA start.

"It's different because I haven't played much of it," Belinelli said. "When I'm a shooter, I have to wait for the jump shot. And when I'm a point guard, you have to think about the team, what is better, what play to make."

Briefly: Baron Davis, Matt Barnes (sprained finger), Kelenna Azubuike (sore ankle), Austin Croshere (disk inflammation) and Troy Hudson (sore hip) did not practice. Mickael Pietrus, who has missed two days with the flu, is expected to miss another few days for a personal matter, the Warriors said. ... The limited minutes for Lasme and Perovic are not a surprise. Perovic is headed to the Development League once the Warriors have enough practice bodies, and Lasme could join him there.

E-mail Janny Hu at [email protected].

Expect starters to log heavy mins even with S Jax back. lol @ him saying he's trying to keep Baron around 28 mins beginning of the season.good luck with that.

Hopefuly kelenna keeps gettin great pt when sjax is back, hes my sleeper pick in fantasy... hes also GREAT in 2k8 lol

gsw.gif
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/gsw/;_ylt=Am9G9T5zIbkeC0_uu5mo4mufzIx4
Golden State Warriors: After making history last year as a No. 8 seed by upsetting the No. 1-seeded Mavs, the Warriors have struggled. Help, however, is around the corner. The addition of Stephen Jackson after he returns from suspension will aid Golden State tremendously.

The Warriors are not who they appear to be right now. As the season progresses, this team will continually improve and make a push toward the playoffs. When healthy, they have mismatches at every position except center. And despite the slow start, Baron Davis is still playing at last season's playoff level.

It is good to see Baron play well but he already sat out a practice...So that has to monitored. The W's will get a win....The zone defense needs to belearned quicker by the team and Andris Beidrins needs to be prepared for the passes he receives.

They've done well individually but collectively they need to put it all together... and then there's something called defense. They need to play betterD. Not become one of the best defensive teams, but somewhere in the middle and we'll be fine with our offensive firepower.

^ I think that's where Jack will make a lot of difference. Last year they had so many deflections, which led to their fast breaks. More boards + forcingturnovers will help fuel their offense.

Hopefully this extended break can give the Warriors extra practice and rest so they can be fresh on Wednesday. I know we handled the Pistons pretty easily lastseason, but I'm still pretty worried about this game. The team needs to get Andris more involved, and he has to catch some of these passes. Last season, Ibarely remember any times where Andris dropped the ball, but this season it seems like he's dropping more and more. Monta needs to look for his teammates.There are times where he can dish it out or give it to a teammate, but he decides to try to make it himself. Baron realizes his poor shot selection andthat's about all he's doing wrong. He's been playing at a high level but we need other players to step up. Azubuike is doing great, and I wanna seeBelinelli get some plays ran for him. I want to see what he can do when he gets hot. Al is probably the surprise of this season. He's really stepping upand is a scoring machine right now. There are times where I wish we feed him more. He could score 3 or 4 baskets in a row and all of a sudden we stop lookingfor him. Hopefully, the WHOLE team can improve on free throws because free throws have been killing us. I don't understand why they're so bad atFT's. ALL of them. I guess it's contagious. Well hopefully we can see the first win of the season on Wednesday!

[h3]jrich for MVP said:[/h3]
Hopefully, the WHOLE team can improve on free throws because free throws have been killing us. I don't understand why they're so bad at FT's. ALL of them. I guess it's contagious. Well hopefully we can see the first win of the season on Wednesday!

Funny thing is that we were hitting our FTs during pre-season. But the first game of the regular season came along and then like milk, we just turned bad.

With this long layoff, I bet Nellie was stressing FTs and defensive rotations. Look for the Warriors to come out strong vs Detroit
wink.gif

I'm not gonna be able to go to the Detroit game, who wants the tickets? Section 201, $100 for the pair.

Do you always come in here just to sell your tickets?

Back to the Warriors...

- In my opinion, the Warriors appear to be playing as five individuals instead of a team, hopefully they'll change and geta win ASAP.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I'm not gonna be able to go to the Detroit game, who wants the tickets? Section 201, $100 for the pair.

Do you always come in here just to sell your tickets?

Back to the Warriors...

- In my opinion, the Warriors appear to be playing as five individuals instead of a team, hopefully they'll change and get a win ASAP.

You're right, he just comes in here to sell his tickets
smh.gif
. Has nothing to say about the team or the last game played or Nellie's decisions orthe future of the Warriors.

And about the Warriors, it seems like we're having a lot more isos than we did last year. Last year, we were more drive and kick oriented. But this season,we have more isos and pick and rolls where we don't pass to the person setting the pick. I don't know... it's just my observation and I could bewrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

^it also seems that baron tries too damn hard to take over the game by himself (ala Cleveland game)...i still don't understand why we didnt gotoAL...cotdamnit.

Back
Top Bottom