Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Congrats, acid. Make that money!

iz9dnt.gif

[h1]Free-agent Barnes not likely to return[/h1]

Rusty Simmons, Chronicle Staff Writer
San Francisco Chronicle July 12, 2010 04:00 AM Copyright San Francisco Chronicle. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Dev

Monday, July 12, 2010

(07-12) 04:00 PDT LAS VEGAS - --

Matt Barnes has contacted the Warriors, but sources said agreeing on a free-agent deal is probably a longshot.

The 6-foot-7, 226-pound forward averaged 8.8 points and 5.5 rebounds for Orlando last season and acted as the team's defensive irritant. Barnes, 30, fits many of the Warriors' needs, and general manager Larry Riley says the squad could add some maturity to its youthful roster.

However, "chasing that story is probably a waste of time" because of financial concerns, a league source with knowledge of the conversations said Sunday.

Barnes signed with the Warriors before the 2006 training camp, played a key role in the 2007 "We Believe" playoff victory over top-seeded Dallas, and was a team captain for the 2007-08 season.

Morrow decision: After Anthony Morrow signs a three-year, $12 million offer sheet from New Jersey today, the Warriors have more decisions than merely whether to match the deal for the restricted free agent in the next week. The Warriors could ink Morrow and work out a sign-and-trade deal with another team.

Wright's left: Power forward Brandan Wright, who sat out the second half of Saturday night's game, missed Sunday's 84-79 loss to Washington for precautionary reasons regarding his bruised left shoulder.

The move afforded Kim Tillie more minutes, something he has habitually turned into creating positive impressions. Invited to Las Vegas on a late-tryout opportunity, the former Utah big man needed only two days of practices to lock up a summer roster spot.

"He came from out of nowhere and, man, he has been really good," summer-league coach Stephen Silas said. "I really didn't know what to expect from him, but he has come in, rebounded and shown some athleticism."

Tillie, a 6-11, 230-pounder from France, has been productive in 21 minutes a night, scoring 10.3 points on 63.2 percent shooting, grabbing 4.3 rebounds and swiping 1.3 steals. He committed in May to join well-known French Pro A League team ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne.

"This is my chance to step up and show what I can do," Tillie said. "If not this year, maybe next year."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/07/11/SP2H1ECR2D.DTL

So I'm a Knicks fan. I figured, lemme check how dudes felt about the Lee trade, to see if we lost on it.
smh.gif

pg. 50 on...NEWMOANYUH. I swear it was the funniest thread in S&T for a minute. I mean, my condolences.

Andrew630 wrote:
This can't be life.

WojYahooNBA

Nets and Warriors are finalizing sign-and-trade for Anthony Morrow that will return a $4 million trade exception to GState, sources tell Y!

Goodbye Morrow, it was fun while it lasted.

Hope he has a good run in New Jersey.

They have a lot of mediocre talent at this point, but they're compiling a LOT of talent.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

odds on the warriors letting that trade exception expire ?
Haha, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

As irritating Matt Barnes is, I wouldn't mind bringing him back to the W's. I think he could do some help at the SF position...As long as he stops shooting three's every time down.

Originally Posted by JPZx

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68078/20100712/udoh_to_likely_miss_4_6_months/[/h1]
[h1]Udoh To Likely Miss 4-6 Months[/h1]

Jul 12, 2010 2:09 AM EST

Udoh_Ekpe_ncaa.jpg
Ekpe Udoh will get a second opinion on his left wrist injury on Monday.Early indications, however, are that Udoh will need surgery and willmiss 4-6 months.

"It's unfortunate, but I've got to take it," Udoh said. "It's hardon me, but I've got a chance to learn the offense and work on my bodyuntil I can come out and show what I can do on the court."

Yikes.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyways... I kinda like the Lee trade. Sure we overpaid, but in the current NBA, who isn't getting overpaid?

goddamn being a warriors fan is tough. at least we can build another 10 years of lottery karma and blow it all on another we believe run

Originally Posted by daprescription

I don't see why they would let it expire. They could have let him walk, no need to get it unless they plan on using it.
same thing when they traded away j-rich
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom