Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

Weren't we trying to get Wright a few yrs ago for Harrington?

I always wondered why dude hasn't panned out. He's only 24 so there's still room for him to develop.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What the hell is wrong with Ronnie Brewer?
He can't shoot.
dead on.

I like this Wright signing, but only depends on the numbers.

And, i'm not sure about resigning Morrow. For a guy who can only shoot, ehh, although that is a pretty cheap contract. Morrow is a hard worker, so i see his handles, d, and shooting improving, but he has to be able to learn how to shoot off the dribble, which i dont see happening anytime soon.

Unless I see it on RealGM, I don't believe much other rumor sites out there.

I would trade Monta for Mayo in a heartbeat. I love Monta, but I think Mayo is a better team player.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What the hell is wrong with Ronnie Brewer?
He can't shoot.
Oh God.

You're right.

You don't deserve a player who's multifaceted who can defend and is very crafty around the basket.

smh.gif

[h1]Source: 24-Hour Fitness founder among two finalists to purchase Golden State Warriors[/h1]
By Marcus Thompson II
[email protected]

Posted: 07/10/2010 10:15:54 AM PDT

Updated: 07/10/2010 11:26:24 AM PDT

Mark Mastrov, founder of 24-Hour Fitness, heads one of the final two bidding groups in the running to buy the Warriors, a source told Bay Area News Group.

The source confirmed Mastrov's bid to buy the Warriors exceeded $350 million.

Bay Area News Group learned Friday, through a source with knowledge of the negotiations, that two finalist groups were outbid and had dropped out of the process.

The field was down to four finalists: a group headed by Mastrov, another led by Oracle billionaire Larry Ellison; a group headed by Texas-based Wall Street financier David Bonderman; and one that includes Mandalay Entertainment chairman Peter Guber. All four finalists submitted purchase of sale agreements that included binding offers.

Warriors owner Chris Cohan, who hired Galatioto Sports Partners to sell the franchise, moved forward with the two highest bidders. The next step in the process is to refine each purchase of sale agreement, which includes all the parameters and technicalities of such a transaction. The tweaking could result in a revised offer from the remaining two groups.

The hope, according to a source, is that the winning bidder can be identified by August, according to a source.

I would love to see Wright signed. 3 years/$11mil is looking great. We're about to see a Warriors team that can rebound and maybe even play a little defense.

i really like the thread title just putting that out there lol

wishing ex warriors good luck thats whats up

hope d lee plays well with ya

No one watched the Warriors game?

It wasn't really worth noting.

Caught the 4th, didn't see anything spectacular.

All we have is Wright and Williams playing, Wright's been meh from the parts that I watched.

On the other hand, Jeremy Lin on the Mavs' summer league roster
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
. He'll more than likely have to take the overseas or D-League route, but if he takes the D-League route, he'll find his way onto the Warriors in no time.
laugh.gif

Lin really has been pretty damn good. He's really aggressive out there, and has a knack to get the loose balls. His effort on defense is very appreciated too.

Unfortunately, I know he has no chance of making our roster. Dominique Jones is too damn good at getting to the rim/free throw line that he's pretty much a lock for a roster spot.

Lin is unfortunate in that he chose to play for a team where he'd be the odd-man out, having no chance to show what he can do, no matter what, he won't outplay Rodrigue and DoJo because the Mavs would rather want to see how those two play together than let Lin try and make an impression.

Jordan Hill is quite possibly the sorriest player in the history of the NBA. He's straight Aaron Gray status, I can't believe I defended this bum dude. He's sloppy on defense, can't catch the ball, can't use his size to put the ball in the basket, he's BASURA.

Jordan Hill is horrible.
Beaubois is playing a lot better today though.

And yeah, I don't think Lin's gonna be good enough to get on a roster...he'll have to work his way up.

Jordan Hill is horrible.
Beaubois is playing a lot better today though.

And yeah, I don't think Lin's gonna be good enough to get on a roster...he'll have to work his way up.
If he continues as he has for his basketball career thus far, he'll crack a roster eventually.

He's not raw, very polished, doesn't mind contact, just a real good, physical player.

If he puts on 10-15 lbs of muscle, he'll be fine.

Scrappy young player.

Taylor has looked damn good though, him and Dominique Jones getting to the rim AT WILL.

Not bad getting Dorell for that price.

About David Lee signing, well, he'll play well for the W's and get some much needed rebs. but the W's gave up a bit much to get him and I'm not even going to comment on how much they're going to pay him. Ehh get that money Mr. Lee...

LAS VEGAS — Restricted free agent Anthony Morrow is expected to sign an offer sheet of three years and $12 million from New Jersey on Monday, giving the Warriors seven days to match. Golden State’s front office hasn’t decided whether to match, according to league sources.

The sources stressed that the Warriors haven’t ruled out matching the offer sheet.

The team wants to study how the contract is structured before making a decision. Morrow, one of the league’s deadliest 3-point shooters, averaged 13.0 points last season, starting 37 of 69 games.

The 24-year-old former undrafted free agent could be caught in a numbers game behind starting guards Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis. At 6-foot-5, Morrow can also log some time at small forward. The Warriors are thin at that position, even with the recent addition of Dorell Wright.

Money is also going to play a large role in keeping Morrow. In addition to the $11 million committed to Wright over three years, Golden State signed new power forward David Lee to an $80 million deal over six years.

The decision facing Golden State general manager Larry Riley is whether Morrow is worth $12 million or if there’s a more cost-friendly alternative.

Random question here, but where was Baron living in SF when he was with the Warriors? Lazy, was it you that said he lived by where you work at?

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by offbad

goddamnit isn't magic johnson with the 24hour group

and????

and????

possibility that GSW gets backdoored by him to some other Laker connect across the league????

????

reaching...

please give me an example of an ex laker on another team backdooring for the lakers not named devean george?

i like dorell  wright signing. i dont however like brandon wright at all.

Back
Top Bottom