Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I may move soon though
nerd.gif

To SoCal?

Yeah, but I don't know yet.
We'll see what happens.
dude, i goto Irvine. in fact, i'm in Irvine right now for summer school and have been back home scarcely over the past two years. trust me, even if you leave the bay, you always bring it with you everywhere you go.

and So Hi...
I'm not bragging, but I'm pretty good at Math.
I just got a A in Calc. AB and I'm 99% sure I got a 5 in the AP test.
It's onto BC next year.'
you're a fricken nerd...i took the same AP test and got a 1
roll.gif

guess that's why i'm a journalism major.

and yo, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]offbad[/color], if i remember correctly you're from Irvine. What year/major?

yo!

not FROM irvine-- don't get it twisted
wink.gif

but damn do i miss home...

hahaha but yeah i'm in summer school too! gonna be here both sessions. i'll be a 3rd year bio major heading into fall. what about you?

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

do like i did and write about the warriors on your personal statement
pimp.gif

*applauds* I would never have the testicular fortitude to write about the Warriors on something as important as a college application. I don't evenremember what I wrote about for my UC app.

feel bad for warrior fans i really like you guys and they way you support your squads all rowdy and all but this team did a complete 180.... fools think montais a pg too... pshhh... man is a straight 2 dude is too effective on the wing on a fastbreak and he too turnover prone for a pg

Obviously Baron has been a big part of the Warriors success over the past two years so it is kind of hard to see him go--I believe bringing Brand in to GS hasits pros and cons...Brand will provide veteran leadership along w/ great #s, but he will also will cost the Warriors a lot of $ if they sign him + the Warriorsare trying to build young and Elton really wouldn't be a part of that young nucleus. We'll see how it all works out, but I see him staying in LA.

Elton probably won't sign here....but whether or not he does, it's really a no-lose situation for us.

This summer I'm staying in the Bay instead of taking summer school at SD; I was looking for an internship but I couldn't get one so I'm looking ata boring summer also cuz most of my friends from high school are elsewhere....I heard 3rd years have a better chance to find one so I hope I can get more lucknext year.
ohwell.gif
I don't mind working retail, but I'd only be working for 2 months since school starts again pretty soon..

IF Brand does sign here, it's essentially a trade Baron for Brand.

The Warriors have needed a legit big for the longest and this trade off would make it work.
I don't think Brand will sign here but this would vault the team into the top 6 in the west IMO with the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Rockets, and Jazz

It depends on how well Randolph plays on how much Wright/Marco improves.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

do like i did and write about the warriors on your personal statement
pimp.gif

*applauds* I would never have the testicular fortitude to write about the Warriors on something as important as a college application. I don't even remember what I wrote about for my UC app.

and you call yourself a warriors fan?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

feel bad for warrior fans i really like you guys and they way you support your squads all rowdy and all but this team did a complete 180.... fools think monta is a pg too... pshhh... man is a straight 2 dude is too effective on the wing on a fastbreak and he too turnover prone for a pg

um....monta handled the ball a lot last year even if he wasn't the official point guard...i'm pretty confident he'll be okay handling theball.

Well in Monta's defense, he had 221 turnovers in the 2006-2007 season and his turnover numbers went down to 173 in the 2007-2008 season. His assists wasabout the same... in the 2006-2007 season, he had 319 and in the 2007-2008 season, he had 315. Granted he had to handle the ball a lot more in the absence ofBaron in the 2006-2007 season, but I think he can handle the pressure, as long as someone else can take the pressure off him every once in a while.

And damn, does everyone here go to a prestigious school
laugh.gif
? I go to lowly Skyline Community College in San Bruno
frown.gif

Well in Monta's defense, he had 221 turnovers in the 2006-2007 season and his turnover numbers went down to 173 in the 2007-2008 season. His assists was about the same... in the 2006-2007 season, he had 319 and in the 2007-2008 season, he had 315. Granted he had to handle the ball a lot more in the absence of Baron in the 2006-2007 season, but I think he can handle the pressure, as long as someone else can take the pressure off him every once in a while.

laugh.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif

I live like 10 mins from there.

feel bad for warrior fans i really like you guys and they way you support your squads all rowdy and all
Thanks for the compliment
pimp.gif
. We love our damn team!!!

but this team did a complete 180....

Our front office didn't really do a 180 on us. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY expected Baron to opt out of the $17.8 mil he was to get in the 2008-2009season. Mullin really banked on that. Either way, we were going to be in this same situation in the 2009-2010 season anyway so who really cares. We're ayear ahead of schedule now and I'm still fine with that. It was expected to be eventually Monta's team when we traded J-Rich and knew that Baron timewas up here.

fools think monta is a pg too... pshhh... man is a straight 2 dude is too effective on the wing on a fastbreak and he too turnover prone for a pg
And I'll address this comment with my previous statement above.

Paul Is On Tilt wrote:
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Do you know a guy name Jaycee?? I think he goes to skyline.

monta is comfortable handling the ball ... i understand that of course. Hes a great player and he can do that... what im trying to say is that he is moreEFFECTIVE and effecient when hes not handling the ball. The man is a two guard. He plays like a two guard, and hed be better as a two guard.. that cant beargued. im not a average fan coming in here and saying this i watched every single warriors game word to league pass. Monta wont be bad as a pg he would justbe better as a 2.

In regards to baron that guy was your fuel... he was the warrior image... dude even locked down my boy a.i when i say the team is doing a 180 im lookin at iliek this

monta, kelenna, sjax, wright, beidrins, randolph, bellinelli, pietrus (if you keep him) and even harrington even if hes bouncing... thats one of the weakestteams in the west on paper especially how every other team got better.

monta is comfortable handling the ball ... i understand that of course. Hes a great player and he can do that... what im trying to say is that he is more EFFECTIVE and effecient when hes not handling the ball. The man is a two guard. He plays like a two guard, and hed be better as a two guard.. that cant be argued. im not a average fan coming in here and saying this i watched every single warriors game word to league pass. Monta wont be bad as a pg he would just be better as a 2.

In regards to baron that guy was your fuel... he was the warrior image... dude even locked down my boy a.i when i say the team is doing a 180 im lookin at i liek this

monta, kelenna, sjax, wright, beidrins, randolph, bellinelli, pietrus (if you keep him) and even harrington even if hes bouncing... thats one of the weakest teams in the west on paper especially how every other team got better.

I see your point and agree with the aspect that Monta is effective/comfortable/better or whatever else you want to say at the two. I have no problem withhim bringing the ball up and initiating the offense if that means he can still come off screens to nail jumpers.

Regarding the team you just named....It's July, and we have like 9 guys on our roster, I'll be more worried come October how we look on paper.

monta is comfortable handling the ball ... i understand that of course. Hes a great player and he can do that... what im trying to say is that he is more EFFECTIVE and effecient when hes not handling the ball. The man is a two guard. He plays like a two guard, and hed be better as a two guard.. that cant be argued. im not a average fan coming in here and saying this i watched every single warriors game word to league pass. Monta wont be bad as a pg he would just be better as a 2.

Yea i understand that, but with Baron out he has to play PG and is very capable of doing it.

yah i know what you guys are sayin too.. hes a ballplayer and ballers can play regardless where theyre put. Mullin better come up with !$$# quick though cuzthis squad is lackin... why didnt the warriors take a shot at duhon? good defender and he can knock down the open 3... could have provided some stability atthe 1, and hes askin only for 5 mill Year which oculd have left a lot of cap room

And I don't know why Mullin didn't at least indicate that he was a bidder for Duhon. My guess(es) are...

- If Duhon was to take over the 1 and leave Monta at the 2, we'd still have a very small backcourt. Ideally, we want a bigger PG so that Monta can guardthe opposing PG and that larger PG could guard the opposing SG.

- Mullin wanted to take care of the "big pieces" first (i.e. Monta, Andris, Brand, Baron) before the complimentary pieces.

- CJ Watson and Marco Belinelli might be the options at the 1 next season
nerd.gif

- Mullin's got something up his sleeve.

Under Nelly, you need guys who can shoot.

Duhon is a horrible shooter all around, that's probably why.

Nelly's already said Monta is going to take over PG duties.

laugh.gif
frown.gif

i go to CCSF
frown.gif
. I ain't got no major neither and i've beenthere for 2 years just taking general ed classes

Originally Posted by mks33

i read a harrington for kirk hinrich rumor here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/colum...FreeAgency-080703&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

what do you guys think? it'd be a good look for the bulls.. we could use somebody like harrington to be a more consistent scorer at the 4 spot. and u guys now need a PG.. and we have an extra one.

pass. not with that huge contract.. plus, he is a chucker, and had an alltime low in pts and asts last season. also has a penchant for picking up fouls.

Back
Top Bottom