Official Warriors Off Season Thread

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Hmmm... interesting. Personally, I wouldn't necessarily want to move to SoCal. I'm a NorCal/bay area kind of guy
ohwell.gif
. If you do move, good luck.
Like I said, I don't know yet.
I'm going to college in 09 and I need to start applying soon.

I may take the De Anza/community college route but then it feels like all my work in school is wasted.
I'm 95% sure I'm going to some kind of UC.
I'm just going to apply at a bunch of diff. places.
Ucsd, Ucla, Cal, Davis, Irvine, and maybe even Usc/Stanford(although I highly doubt I can pay for that, let alone get in
laugh.gif
)

Decisions, descisions

Good luck with that, you're a senior in HS next year?
Keep in mind anything can happen in those college decisions. I kept thinking forever that I would get into Cal, but I didn't. Hell yeah I was mad, but Ilike the education I'm getting at UCSD (the social scene-not so much). I guess my point is, anything can happen and things happen for a reason. Best ofluck though
smokin.gif

JA, you need to help me sneak into the student section for Cal football games this fall.
pimp.gif

roll.gif
Just messin, it's actually really easy to do it. Andyea, the reason I like Cal so much is the sports and the fact it's the Bay. My brother went there, so I'm really, really familiar with the campus andeverything around it. He said he was waiting in line for food behind Leon Powe once, but was too shy to say anything.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm going to be a Senior next year.
I'm looking to do somekind of engineering as well.

I'm not bragging, but I'm pretty good at Math.
I just got a A in Calc. AB and I'm 99% sure I got a 5 in the AP test.
It's onto BC next year.'

We'll see though, my SAT was low 1800
smh.gif
. I know I can do better on it
My first time taking it, I'm aiming for 2000+ on it.
I know I can do it though.

My grades are on point I think
All A's and only 6 Bs so far through HS

I don't know, any advice is appreciated though

Cal's dope man..
pimp.gif

The only school in the Bay Area that really has a good sports program IMO.

Cal Bears Basketball/Football...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Cal's dope man..
pimp.gif

The only school in the Bay Area that really has a good sports program IMO.

Cal Bears Basketball/Football...
pimp.gif
What about Stanfurd?
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Yeah, I'm going to be a Senior next year.
I'm looking to do somekind of engineering as well.

It's onto BC next year.'

We'll see though, my SAT was low 1800
smh.gif
My first time taking it, I'm aiming for 2000+ on it.
I know I can do it though.

My grades are on point I think
All A's and only 6 Bs so far through HS

I don't know, any advice is appreciated though
my grades weren't as good as yours in high school, but my SAT was mid 2000s.and i had a good math level 2 score (790 i think) although that testwas pretty easy...i'm doing mechanical engineering at SD and so if you're good at math, definitely go for some kind of engineering-electrical is thehardest (and at Cal it's absolutely
sick.gif
) because no one understandscircuits at all. It's like something else. and oh yeah, if you're an engineer, be prepared to be pissed off when people in other majors complain abouttheir work. your workload will be MUCH harder than other people's, and you'll have to spend a lot more time studying than others unless you'rereally, really smart.
If you can up your SAT to at least 2000 you should have a very, very good chance at Cal and UCLA at least-UCs can be random at times, but usually if you have anice GPA your chances go up a lot.

Originally Posted by acidicality

my grades weren't as good as yours in high school, but my SAT was mid 2000s. i'm doing mechanical engineering at SD and so if you're good at math, definitely go for some kind of engineering-electrical is the hardest (and at Cal it's absolutely
sick.gif
) because no one understands circuits at all. It's like something else.
If you can up your SAT to at least 2000 you should have a very, very good chance at Cal and UCLA at least-UCs can be random at times, but usually if you have a nice GPA your chances go up a lot.

Hey if you don;t mind me asking... how was your personal statement like?
I'm about to start writing those and I don't know if I should go the my life was tough route or something else.

I'm leaning towards Civil Engineering right now, but that can change at any time.
I just got the blue SAT book and will start studying my %** off this summer
laugh.gif

I still need to sign up for SAT 2s as well
smh.gif
I'm slackin'

Stanford.....
sick.gif

I really didn't care too much about HS, just let things slide by, first two years my GPA was only around 3.1, raised my CUM to ~3.7 by the time Igraduated, but I only took the SAT's once because I knew I was going to CC for 2 years then transfering.

I got a 1700...
sick.gif
nerd.gif

I played piano pretty well (and trying not to brag, I won a lot of awards around my area, so I'd like to say I was one of the better ones in NorCal), so Iwrote something about how the commitment/effort it takes to do well in music really taught me that if u work hard you'll see the results, some $%%!%!+@like that
laugh.gif
I can't remember the other ones so much (since that was my 600 word one) but I know one was about volunteering at the Tech Museum.
Civil Engineering is a good field, I think the government hires a lot of them and they're always in demand.

oh yeah, if you can write something real unique and touching with your personal statement, go for it...let them know where you came from. try to make itdifferent than the other ones they'll read..

I just threw out my essays I had to write, forgot all about them. My personal statement was about how my father is so strong and has taught me to be a betterman. I was hoping to connect with the reader, but I guess it didn't work.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I just threw out my essays I had to write, forgot all about them. My personal statement was about how my father is so strong and has taught me to be a better man. I was hoping to connect with the reader, but I guess it didn't work.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i feel the same way
tired.gif
#$@% you Cal admissions!!!
mad.gif

Monta's contract negotiation begins...

Janny Hu, Chronicle Staff Writer
Thursday, July 3, 2008

While the Warriors await Brand's next move, the team began negotiating with representatives for Monta Ellis, with talks scheduled to continue in Oakland today.

Ellis is believed to be seeking a long-term deal averaging well over $10 million a season, and could have the leverage he needs if Brand joins Davis in spurning the Warriors.

The pressure then would be on the Warriors to build around Ellis. And if he thinks that Golden State is low-balling him or being uncooperative in a sign-and-trade, Ellis could choose to come back on his one-year tender worth $1 million.

That would make him an unrestricted free agent next summer, when the Warriors risk losing him for nothing. The same scenario applies to center Andris Biedrins, whose qualifying offer is worth $3.6 million next season.

E-mail Janny Hu at [email protected].

The W's will not let either Monta or Biedrins go. They both fit perfect in this run-gun system they have. Wow, I didnt know SoHi was in HS. I swearsometimes I think I'm talking to like a bunch of mid 20 year olds. Cool stuff. I wonder what the decision is for Elton...I hope it's today...Iwon't be able to check till after I come back from Santa Cruz. Anyway...Let's get Monta and Biedrins back on the team!

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

I believe Brand is gonna stay in LA.

As for Summer League hopefulls, I hope DeMarcus makes it to any NBA team. I was raised and used to live in Vallejo - so I'm definitely rooting for the local product.

Sad thing is he doesn't even rep Vallejo. Ridiculous.

Man, I just missed 2000 on the SATs by a hair. I got a 1970, but I had a 780 in US Histroy, and 700 in Math IIC. My grades back in high school were justhorrible. It was a 3.1 which came out to be 3.4 weighted... I wish I got into CAL. When I went to the campus there earlier this year, I just loved theatmosphere. It felt like a festival every day around lunch-time.

Originally Posted by acidicality

my grades weren't as good as yours in high school, but my SAT was mid 2000s. i'm doing mechanical engineering at SD and so if you're good at math, definitely go for some kind of engineering-electrical is the hardest (and at Cal it's absolutely
sick.gif
) because no one understands circuits at all. It's like something else.
If you can up your SAT to at least 2000 you should have a very, very good chance at Cal and UCLA at least-UCs can be random at times, but usually if you have a nice GPA your chances go up a lot.

Hey if you don;t mind me asking... how was your personal statement like?
I'm about to start writing those and I don't know if I should go the my life was tough route or something else.

I'm leaning towards Civil Engineering right now, but that can change at any time.
I just got the blue SAT book and will start studying my %** off this summer
laugh.gif

I still need to sign up for SAT 2s as well
smh.gif
I'm slackin'

damn man you better get on that! what i did was after every AP test, i'd just sign up for the same subject in IIs.. since the IIs were much easier thanthe APs (imo)

i got a 1950 on the Is, and 750 Bio 780 History with a 3.83 UC gpa..
my high school GPA was hella worse by like .2 'cause of stupid school mandated but not UC approved theology courses

i totally slacked on personal statements.. i sincerely feel public schools hardly read your essays unless a red flag comes up, i.e., you're adopted, nota citizen of the US, etc. etc.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

EAGLE 0N wrote:

I believe Brand is gonna stay in LA.

As for Summer League hopefulls, I hope DeMarcus makes it to any NBA team. I was raised and used to live in Vallejo - so I'm definitely rooting for the
local product.

Sad thing is he doesn't even rep Vallejo. Ridiculous.

Guess he's going the Jeff Gordon route.

Well I guess since he didn't go to any HS in Vallejo his buzz wasn't really popping in the community like C.C. Sabathia's. I mean when I was in HSeveryone knew who CC was and I didn't even go to the same HS as CC.

The pressure then would be on the Warriors to build around Ellis. And if he thinks that Golden State is low-balling him or being uncooperative in a sign-and-trade, Ellis could choose to come back on his one-year tender worth $1 million.

I doubt Monta takes a 1yr tender.. I just don't see him wanting to wait another year to get paid.

Mullin will probably overpay Monta, he has no choice at this point. If the W's lose Monta all hell will break loose.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I may move soon though
nerd.gif

To SoCal?

Yeah, but I don't know yet.
We'll see what happens.
dude, i goto Irvine. in fact, i'm in Irvine right now for summer school and have been back home scarcely over the past two years. trust me,even if you leave the bay, you always bring it with you everywhere you go.

and So Hi...
It's onto BC next year.'
you're a fricken nerd...i took the same AP test and got a 1
roll.gif

guess that's why i'm a journalism major.

and yo, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]offbad[/color], if i remember correctly you're from Irvine. What year/major?

Go to Chico State.

Save some money and thank me later.

Anyway, my gut tells me Brand doesn't need 20m to be happier so he'll stick with the Clippers.

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Anyone else think that a more serious rivalry might develop with the Clips now after all this? I know i already hate those bastards 10 times more than i did a week ago.

I just dislike Baron now for screwing us over; I still hate the Clips organization though.

My Partner at my firm is friends with the CFO of the Clippers, I just find that funny.

What shirts are you guys talking about? Post pics, cuz I haven't seen any.

Trying to catch up with this thread is almost a lost cause after I leave for the day. Since I don't post on the weekends (usually) come Monday this isgoing to be like up to 130.

My friend at work went to Notre Dame and lived in the same building as Roger Kurz. Said he got jacked one night and had to have his jaw wired shut. Softy.

Back
Top Bottom