Official Warriors Off Season Thread

If Hinrich becomes expendable I would be calling the Bulls asap. Get rid of the #14 pick or try to dumb Harrington's contract to the Bulls...Hinrich couldbe a back up for a year and finally get back in the groove of things with his off year...We'll just have to wait and see.

did he ever say that? (just wonderin)
if he were on this team, he'd get pretty big minutes anyway, baron needs rest and having both would be really nice.
but his contract is huge as well (kinda forgot about that), a deal would have to be revolved around 2nd best player and him.
don't think it's happening, but it's the offseason. anything goes
pimp.gif

another way is if Baron opts out or we trade him (very, very unlikely at this point); then maybe he makes a bit more sense. i dunno.

I doubt we're going to go after Hinrich... Mullin will probably try to get a cheaper veteran point guard. Hinrich is getting paid way too much to be a"backup player". He's getting paid $11.25 million and still has 5 years left on his contract
laugh.gif
smh.gif

yeah, initially when i thought of Hinrich on the W's i didn't know his contract details..after knowing that, it definitely doesn't make sense to goafter him. haha, definitely didn't think he was paid that much.

...i guess realistically, he's just an alternative if Baron bolts or we decide to trade him.

But damn, Chicago with the #1 pick
eek.gif
. I wonder how D'Antoni feels right now about signing with the Knicks... I guess the money is more important to himbecause Chicago, even before the lottery, was a better situation for him. And now the Chicago has the #1 overall... that's just adding salt to the wounds
laugh.gif

If Baron did opt out, I'd be all for it for the Dubs, but yeah, I just don't see Hinrich backing up, he can go somewhere like Charlotte, LAC, Miami(depending on who they draft), NYK, Orlando, ATL, Portland, DENVER, lots of better opportunities out there.

Chris Duhon on the other hand, I'd love to see in GSW.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

But damn, Chicago with the #1 pick
eek.gif
. I wonder how D'Antoni feels right now about signing with the Knicks... I guess the money is more important to him because Chicago, even before the lottery, was a better situation for him. And now the Chicago has the #1 overall... that's just adding salt to the wounds
laugh.gif

he probably wants to be known as the coach who turned the knicks team around

It really doesn't fit, if anything, Avery should have coached the Knicks, but I don't know about D'Antoni man, the dude doesn't like DavidLee..
sick.gif

Well...one man's trash is another man's treasure.
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
Hopefully he's dumb enough to trade him to the Warriors for some scraps.

As a huge UCLA fan, I can honestly tell you that I think Westbrook is going to be a pretty good pro. I wouldnt be shocked if he turns out to be a bust, but Ithink he plays way too good of defense and has too much heart to be one. He would make a quality backup to Baron and Monta.

As far as you clowns mentioning Hinrich as a good backup....
laugh.gif
. You guys have to be kidding right? He had an AWFUL season last year, he wasnt THAT goodbefore, and makes 11 mil a year. No thank you.

And if Baron opts out....I still say no thank you. Hinrich is far from the answer to being a backup or a replacement.

[h1]Kawakami: Lottery is over; it's time for Warriors brass to go to work[/h1]
WARRIORS HAVE MANY AVENUES REMAINING TO SEEK IMPROVEMENT

By Tim Kawakami
Mercury News Staff Columnist

Article Launched: 05/21/2008 01:36:22 AM PDT

They had to wait to see if the Lottery Gods would bless them, and now the Warriors know the answer: No.

No Derrick Rose, very probably the NBA's next dominant point guard.

No Michael Beasley, who could have been used in 1,001 different ways on the post and perimeter by a coach as gifted and devious as Don Nelson.

Now they know, now Chris Mullin can give his lottery representative Mitch Richmond some grief, and now the Warriors can go about the rest of their off-season.

They still need one or two rising All-Star-level players, preferably a big man and a big point guard.

So now the Warriors - unlike the Chicago Bulls, who cashed in on a 1.7 percent shot of winning the No. 1 pick - are going to have to work for it this summer.

Hey, the Warriors had only a 1.09 percent chance to move into one of the first two spots at Tuesday's lottery and had a humongous near-certainty that they would remain in the 14 slot, which is what happened.

They won 48 games. They already have some good young players. They didn't deserve or desperately need one of the prime picks in this draft.

But Mullin couldn't start plotting his moves until he knew the lottery outcome - for example: Why worry about Baron Davis' future if the Warriors were about to land Rose?

Now Mullin knows. He has the 14th pick in the June 26 draft, he has a $9.9 million trade exception that will expire four days later, he has two valuable restricted free agents to re-sign (Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins) and he has Davis' opt-out deadline coming up.

Settled in at Pick 14, here are the next important questions for the Warriors:

• Can they find a difference-maker from among a thick group of similarly talented players who figure to be selected anywhere from 11th to 20th?

It's impossible to forecast draft night, but it's likely that, if they stay at 14, the Warriors will be looking at:

UCLA guard Russell Westbrook, Kansas forward Darrell Arthur, Stanford center Robin Lopez, West Virginia scoring forward Joe Alexander, Florida forward Marreese Speights, Nevada center JaVale McGee, Arizona guard Chase Budinger, Syracuse forward Donte Greene and French forward Nicolas Batum.

If Mullin doesn't fall in love with any of those players, he might want to jump higher in the draft, which leads to . . .

• Would the Warriors be willing to give up Brandan Wright or Marco Belinelli to move up five, six or seven slots to get a shot at Indiana guard Eric Gordon or UCLA forward Kevin Love?

Tough question, because Mullin remains sky-high on both of last year's draftees and yet, you never know with him.

Gordon doesn't figure to play point guard in the NBA, but he might team nicely with Ellis as matching combo guards. Love isn't an up-tempo big man, but he's a rebounder and passer, which means he could be an excellent complement to Biedrins.

• If they won't or can't trade Wright or Belinelli, can the Warriors use the exception to move up a few slots to get Love or Gordon?

For example, the Warriors could offer to take Bobby Simmons' $9.9 million contract off Milwaukee's hands, if the Bucks switch their eighth pick for the Warriors' 14th.

That's not a fair trade - the Warriors probably would need more from Milwaukee than just a six-slot jump, but you get the idea.

• If they found a way to get Gordon, would they have any long-term plans for Davis?

I'm not sure they have a ton of future thoughts about Davis beyond the coming season anyway, but if they landed Gordon, the Davis clock would really start ticking down.

• Could Mullin use the exception to acquire a veteran player straight up from a team making a salary dump?

Again, that would involve a giant increase in the Warriors' payroll, which would have to be approved by ownership, but Denver's Marcus Camby and Seattle's Nick Collison and Chris Wilcox almost certainly will be available this summer, and each would fit into the trade exception slot.

• Assuming this is Nelson's final season, should the Warriors make sure the core is set up for one more playoff run instead of doing heavy long-term repairs?

That might mean staying away from a young, big non-shooter such as McGee or Lopez. That might mean placating Davis for another season. That might mean taking a ready-made player such as Arthur or Alexander with the 14th pick.

Most of these questions would have been rendered null and void if the Warriors had lucked out and hit the lottery Tuesday. But they're the Warriors - those kinds of things never happen to them.

Instead, they have questions and decisions and salary issues . . . which is what the Warriors are used to.

Originally Posted by dland24

As a huge UCLA fan, I can honestly tell you that I think Westbrook is going to be a pretty good pro. I wouldnt be shocked if he turns out to be a bust, but I think he plays way too good of defense and has too much heart to be one. He would make a quality backup to Baron and Monta.

As far as you clowns mentioning Hinrich as a good backup....
laugh.gif
. You guys have to be kidding right? He had an AWFUL season last year, he wasnt THAT good before, and makes 11 mil a year. No thank you.

And if Baron opts out....I still say no thank you. Hinrich is far from the answer to being a backup or a replacement.

as a huge UCLA fan, you would honestly be biased by thinking Westbrook will be good.
eyes.gif
grin.gif
no kidding

Hinrich had a bad season last year, but he's still a very nice quality point guard. I didn't recognize his contract, but he is definitely a quality PGout there who could be on the block if the Bulls draft Rose. If Baron leaves, who the hell would you want then? We would definitely be in need of a PG; maybeDuhon would be a cheaper alternative, but Hinrich is still a decent starting PG in the league. One bad season doesn't automatically make him "not thatgood"
eyes.gif
, he's obviously no Baron but he's still one of thebetter starting Points in the league even though he's not a star.

Of course, I didn't realize what his contract #s were so in that case, I'm not too interested.
But I think he's a nice quality point guard, who plays defense, and runs the show well.

Hinrich? are you guys serious?
laugh.gif

The Warriors are most likely keeping Watson, and if not, I believe Chris Duhon is a restricted free agent and is a defensive player that could help.
And with the 14th pick in 2008 NBA Draft the Golden State Warriors select . . . . Kosta Koufos.

And with the 14th pick in 2008 NBA Draft the Golden State Warriors select . . . . Kosta Koufos.
oh god. mullin knows better than this.

i wouldn't mind moving up in the draft using our TE, not wright or belli though.

I don't want to pay Hinrich 10m over the next 4 years etc.

He's not worth it, and I don't see him doing well in our system, personally.

Especially in the West.

No need to panic, we'll have this figure out by June 30th.

I'm off to Maui in a couple weeks, maybe I'll drop by Nellies.

yeah after his salary, then i'm not on the Hinrich-wagon.

and please give Nellie some strong alcohol and change his mind about POB.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

It'd be beyond dope to just smoke some stogies, drink some scotch/whiskey/bug light and talk hoops with him.

Guarantee he wouldn't be as annoyed with me as he is with Kawakami.

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

oh god. mullin knows better than this.

We are talking about the guy that signed Foyle right? He hasn't really done that great of a job if you think about. I think Nelson has been doing hisjob for the past 2 seasons.

What are the chances he'll come back? His stock is probably low right now since most people will just assume he's Pat O'Bust right now, even tho henever got a fair chance with Nellie
...some team out there is going to get a steal.
tired.gif
frown.gif

There's going be a team out there that's going to give POB a chance... whether that's in this country is yet to be seen...

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

There's going be a team out there that's going to give POB a chance... whether that's in this country is yet to be seen...

Same can be said about JJ Redick, I can't stand this dude isn't given a chance, it's ridiculous. Say what you will about his college career,hate him or not, the man just hasn't had a chance to play.

Back
Top Bottom