Official Warriors Off Season Thread

don't mind barnes, i defended him over the first half of the season. the guy just sucked. his mentality just wasn't there, but i don't blame theguy. having a death in the family is not easy to cope with.

I wouldn't boo Barnes neither, dude sucked but really didn't do nothing bad to the team. I was expecting him to be back to his normal self once theseason started but he wasn't focused, even in shootarounds that I've been to he wasn't making a lot of shots in. And I don't see dude playingwith a team soon unless dude is in a team this summer league and shines.

As for those reports saying Monta to the Cavs, Heat, and Knicks is kinda ridiculous. How many times did Mullin say we'll resign him no matter what thecost. S&T to Cleveland? sure if it was for LBJ. and to the Heat? who do they got that we would want? I wouldn't even take Wade for Monta. And justcause Mullin and some guy from the Knicks know each other doesn't mean we'll give em Monta.

Yeah, there are just so many damn rumors out there.
It's hella dumb, cuz only like 10% of them (or even less) are actually true and will happen.

i sincerely feel that andris and monta will be signed to the warriors. i only had a hunch that baron might not opt out.

Originally Posted by MiteeMark

I'd take Wade for Monta any day.
True. But Miami isn't that stupid.
laugh.gif

Pistons eye free agents Pietrus, Posey

The Pistons are still shopping in free agency, and two players they are reportedly targeting are Boston's James Posey and Golden State's Mickael Pietrus.

Bill McCandless, the representative for Pietrus, told the San Francisco Chronicle that eight teams had inquired about his client. But it is unknown whether Pistons president Joe Dumars has reached out to him.

Pietrus averaged 7.2 points in 29.9 minutes for the Warriors last season. He is a 26-year-old in his fifth season from France.

NBA columnist Mike Monroe writes of Pietrus: "A very good defender with three-point shooting skill, he fell out of (Warriors coach) Don Nelson's good graces late last season."

Posey is a strong defender who seemingly always knocks down the open three-pointer. The 6-8, 217-pounder averaged 7.4 points and 4.4 rebounds in 24.6 minutes per game last season. The Sixth Man award candidate also made key plays and shots during the playoffs, and has been a key player in two of the Pistons three most recent playoff ousters.

The Pistons could make a run at another small forward or wing player to back up Tayshaun Prince. Portland's James Jones is another good possibility. He's a 44 percent three-point shooter.

The Pistons don't have hopes of getting much from this weak free agent class, but they do have a mid-level exception worth about $5.8 million.

Other small forwards on the market:

Golden State's Matt Barnes, San Antonio's Michael Finley, Dallas' Devean George, but the Mavs are trying to keep him; New Jersey's Bostjan Nachbar, New Orleans' Bonzi Wells and Miami's Ricky Davis. The L.A. Clippers' Corey Maggette is available, but the Pistons likely can't afford him.

Teams can negotiate with free agents now, but players can't sign until July 9.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080704/SPORTS03/307040017/1048

Warriors could offer more than Sixers for Josh Smith

The Clippers' surprise signing of unrestricted free agent Baron Davis to a reported five-year, $65 million contract could end up costing the 76ers. If Elton Brand spurns the Warriors in favor of staying with the Clippers, Golden State would be able to offer Sixers' target Josh Smith more than the $67 million over five years the Sixers have available ($11.5 million, followed by annual raises of $920,000).

Of course, the Hawks say they're going to match any offer for the restricted free agent, but if Smith signs an offer sheet with the Warriors and not the Sixers, they'll have no shot at Smith, an athletic 22-year-old power forward who would seem to fit their uptempo style well.

The Sixers have a Plan B - bringing in the Hawks' Josh Childress (probably Monday) and the Clippers' Corey Maggette. But they are small forwards and the Sixers' biggest need is at the "four" spot.

Should Smith not wind up here, it's possible that team president Ed Stefanski could turn his attention to trades in an effort to fill the power forward slot.
http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/blog_index.php/?p=31935&cat=8

I think the warriors are trying to drive the price up for Josh Smith for a few reasons.
If Philly pays too much for Smith I think they let Iggy go and we swoop on him. Or we are looking to get childress to solidfy our bench because if ATL doessign Smith it will be for hella money and they won't want Childress back.
I would LOVE to have Iggy in the back court with Monta, then Stephan Jackson, Wright, Biedrins in the lineup.
Here is my dream off season now....
resign Buike, Ellis, Biedrins
trade big gay al to NY for Jamal Crawford
sign Iggy
sign White Chocolate/Keyon Dooling ( 2 year deal)
get Juwan Howard
my dream lineup:
Ellis/Dooling(or white Chocolate) then Crawford getting spot minutes at the 1
Iggy/Bellinelli/ Crawford( gets the bulk of the minutes at 2/3)
Jackson/Buike/Randolph/Crawford
Wright/Howard/Hendrix
Biedrins/howard/Kosta/Hendrix

What do you think?

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

I think the warriors are trying to drive the price up for Josh Smith for a few reasons.
If Philly pays too much for Smith I think they let Iggy go and we swoop on him. Or we are looking to get childress to solidfy our bench because if ATL does sign Smith it will be for hella money and they won't want Childress back.
I would LOVE to have Iggy in the back court with Monta, then Stephan Jackson, Wright, Biedrins in the lineup.
Here is my dream off season now....
resign Buike, Ellis, Biedrins
trade big gay al to NY for Jamal Crawford
sign Iggy
sign White Chocolate/Keyon Dooling ( 2 year deal)
get Juwan Howard
my dream lineup:
Ellis/Dooling(or white Chocolate) then Crawford getting spot minutes at the 1
Iggy/Bellinelli/ Crawford( gets the bulk of the minutes at 2/3)
Jackson/Buike/Randolph/Crawford
Wright/Howard/Hendrix
Biedrins/howard/Kosta/Hendrix

What do you think?
why crawford?

Everyone including all the agents in the NBA, know the Warriors have the most poker chips..... it just depends on who takes them. Like I said before, if wedon't get Brand, we better get Iguodala or Josh Smith. But I have a feeling that Don Nelson primarily wants Elton Brand. That's why they possiblyhaven't offered anything to J Smoot yet.

Either way, let's be real.

Mullin is going to end up spending A LOT more then he wanted to this offseason.

The Warriors are a big player because of the cap space, but virtually everybody who's left out there now, Mullin is going to have to overpay. Minus Brand,who's the only one really worth the money.

But yeah, hopefully GSW does get AI2 or Josh Smith, as, it gives the Warriors a very long and athletic squad.

Will it compute to wins though, who knows.

[h1]Maggette now is person of interest[/h1]
Janny Hu, Chronicle Staff Writer

Friday, July 4, 2008

(07-03) 19:49 PDT -- With Gilbert Arenas off the market and Clippers free agent Elton Brand no closer to Oakland, the Warriors headed into the holiday weekend sorting through contingency plans.

Golden State has reached out to forward Corey Maggette, another Clippers free agent, according to two league sources. The Warriors are one of the few teams who can offer Maggette more than the mid-level exception, which is expected to be around $5.6 million when the new cap figures are released.

The rest of the NBA's free agent crop is headlined by 76ers forward Andre Iguodala and Hawks forward Josh Smith, though the Warriors are not believed to be courting either restricted free agent at the moment.

Brand remains the Warriors' No. 1 target, with their five-year, $90 million deal on the table. The Clippers are limited to offering Brand a five-year contract at about $75 million if they renounce Brand's rights, as planned, to fit both him and Baron Davis under the salary cap.

Brand's agent, David Falk, could not be reached, though sources said the pair was in Philadelphia on Thursday hoping to lure the Sixers into the bidding.

Summer league set: Assistant coach Keith Smart's roster for the Las Vegas summer league beginning July 11 will be highlighted by draft picks Anthony Randolph and Richard Hendrix, as well as incumbents Brandan Wright, Marco Belinelli and C.J. Watson. Free-agent invitees include former Kings guard Louis Amundson and undrafted Duke guard DeMarcus Nelson.

E-mail Janny Hu at [email protected].

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/04/SPV611JS76.DTL

This article appeared on page D - 3 of the San Francisco Chronicle

please, not Wuh-Oh Maggette-Os
sick.gif

Didn't Maggette expresses that he wants to play for a contending team at this point of his career? I don't think Warriors is even on his mind unlessinsane money makes him thinks twice.
Andre Iguodala and Hawks forward Josh Smith, though the Warriors are not believed to be courting either restricted free agent at the moment.
smh.gif
@ Mullin if that's true.

<-----this guy is a dumb ++$ if he's not going after Iggy or Smith
smh.gif

If Brand signs with us, then fine. But for the 80-90% chance that he doesn't, we have to make a move. DO IT CHRIS!
smh.gif

If Mullin doesn't get his man in Brand, he'd better go after Iguodala or Josh Smith. If he doesn't, he's one dumb
2h7j2vo.gif

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

If Philly pays too much for Smith I think they let Iggy go and we swoop on him. Or we are looking to get childress to solidfy our bench because if ATL does sign Smith it will be for hella money and they won't want Childress back.
Interesting... I do agree the Warriors can mess up several teams this offseason
laugh.gif
. We already did that to the Wizards and drove up the pricefor Arenas (though it might have not been intentional from Mullin), we might be driving up the price for Brand as we speak, and we can drive up the price forJosh Smith. If Mullin plays his cards right, your scenarios can come true. I do hope that Philadelphia's messes up and we can get Iggy. I know if we goafter Josh Smith, we're going to have to outbid Phily and Atlanta and that would result in us probably paying too much, whereas if we get Iguodala, we onlyhave to outbid Philly.

I'm not sure if I want J-Chill (no disrespect if you're reading this Josh
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
), but when players like Josh Smith and Andre Iguodala are on themarket, I'd rather go after them... even Corey Maggette before Childress
ohwell.gif

But us going after Corey
sick.gif
. I mean, if we do get him, I hope we don't overpay
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom