Official Warriors Off Season Thread

^ In that case, trade Ellis.
happy.gif

Boo Baron?

Warrior fans.. I think we're better than that. Boo Dunleavy, Boo Webber, Boo Chris Cohan but BD? Naaah. Not after what he's done for this organizationand for the Bay Area basketball scene.

Baron's hand was forced plain and simple. The Warriors did this to themselves - they choose not to negotiate and continued to lowball the best player onthe team. If you have ever had to negotiate for a payraise or salary increase you know how frustrating this is. And please don't tell me Baron doesn'tdeserve a raise.

Sure the timing and abruptness of the ordeal may rub ppl the wrong way. However, Cohan wasn't going to use the TE because he doesn't want to addpayroll and pay for AB and ME. Its clear that the Warriors had no intention of committing long-term to BD but have made no intention last season and so-farthis offseason/draft to find a PG (maybe their contempt w/ Monta at the 1).

I can see Baron getting BOOed but I dont think its necessary. He didnt force his way out like webber, or suck like dunleavy did. He helped turn theorganization around and should be applauded for his work as a warrior. Yes he could of opted out earlier so we couldve used the lottery pick and maybe use theTE to get a starting PG, but the warriors werent willing to give him the money that he wanted, and he gave them until the last minute for a good offer, but atthe end he knew he wasnt going to get it and he knew what he needed to do which was to opt out.

Originally Posted by eternalist34

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

They can go play in San Jose again.
nothin wrong about that.
happy.gif
pimp.gif
nothin wrong with a 10-15 minute drive.
pimp.gif
(away from downtown SJ)
That one season when they were playing in SJ, I remember my pops used to take me to a bunch of games that year.
pimp.gif

question: what did fisher do wrong as a warrior? I hate him now, but as a Warrior, besides missing 10000 lay-ups . . . . nevermind %%#+ him
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

he made 6 million dollars, sucked, and cried about losing minutes to baron davis, thats why you boo fish....
why would you boo barnes?

everyone had their good moments...

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

he made 6 million dollars, sucked, and cried about losing minutes to baron davis, thats why you boo fish....
why would you boo barnes?

dunno i just never liked him. he always did the same thing i remember dunmurphy for..

take the ball from baron,
take the ball up court as fast as you can,
get stuck and overdribble,
A) dish back out to baron. B) take a bad shot C) lose the ball

Monta's max is around 14mil base year with 10% increasing per year. The reason Gilbert's max is higher, is cuz hes been with that organization for awhile.

For today's Chronicle:

"Golden State has reached out to forward Corey Maggette, accordinng to two league sources. The Warriors are one of the few teams who can offer Maggettemore than the mid-level exception, which is exptected to be around $5.6 million when the new cap figures are released."

"The rest of the NBA's free agent crop is headlined by 76ers forward Andre Iguodala and Hawks forward Josh Smith, though the Warriors are notbelieveed to be courting either restricted free agent at the moment."

^ No exciting news there. I think the Warriors need to be looking at Iguodala & Josh Smith instead. We don't need Maggette & Meatballs...

I can't boo for Barnes, since he never did anything wrong even if he sucked a bit last season. He was a team player the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom