Official USA Mens Basketball Thread *~ U.S. defeated Tuniasia 92-57 Thursday (Next up: Angola) ~*

The actual basketball game was ehh but the whole setup of the show was awesome (especially for a free event there's nothing really you could complain about).  Nike brought their A game as they had DJ Premier as the house DJ; the court "on stage" looked awesome; Anthony Green co-mc'ed the event and was actually pretty funny; nice little timeout interviews with Melo, Wade, CP3, and Amare; hot intermission dance girls; and then of course Jay-Z's set was
pimp.gif
.  Oh yeah, LeBron was put on the jumbo screen for like 5 seconds during a timeout and then got booed for about 10 seconds
roll.gif

Jay-Z's set was a Jay-Z set aka he's still doing it better than 98% of other rappers' out here.  You know what to expect out of his shows yet he still kills it everytime.  Nike had him only scheduled to perform for 3 songs but you know Hov puts on a show anywhere he goes and ended up doing a little more than half an hour.  His set list included opening to Hovi Baby, Run This Town, his verse from the Diamonds Remix, On To The Next One (brought out Swizz Beatz), You Don't Know, 99 Problems, Dead Presidents, Can I Live, PSA, Already Home, and then closed out with Empire State. 

As far as the actual game - our half court offense is non existent.  We're going to have some major issues against the team's that can successfully slow us down and make it a half court game.  For all the praise that KD and Rose have been getting it seemed like they struggled tonight but it's was a scrimmage with an all star game type feel to it so I'm not worried.  Steph Curry is a lock for the team and that jumper is as pretty in person as it is on TV as at one point he hit 3 3's in a row.  Lamar Odom was getting the biggest crowd cheers all night and his versatility was definitely displayed tonight as he hit a few outside shots and contributed in the paint as well.  Ummm...what else?  Oh yeah, Rudy Gay tried to viciously posterize (forget who) someone on the first possession.  The game did end in a sudden death overtime which was kinda weird but Rondo ended up throwing an alley to Chandler for the win.  It'll be interesting to see how the team does on Sunday.

I took some videos that aren't great (I was front row in the mezzanine) but they'll give you an idea of the atmosphere and I'll be posting them on my site and I'll link em up here too when there up.

The actual basketball game was ehh but the whole setup of the show was awesome (especially for a free event there's nothing really you could complain about).  Nike brought their A game as they had DJ Premier as the house DJ; the court "on stage" looked awesome; Anthony Green co-mc'ed the event and was actually pretty funny; nice little timeout interviews with Melo, Wade, CP3, and Amare; hot intermission dance girls; and then of course Jay-Z's set was
pimp.gif
.  Oh yeah, LeBron was put on the jumbo screen for like 5 seconds during a timeout and then got booed for about 10 seconds
roll.gif

Jay-Z's set was a Jay-Z set aka he's still doing it better than 98% of other rappers' out here.  You know what to expect out of his shows yet he still kills it everytime.  Nike had him only scheduled to perform for 3 songs but you know Hov puts on a show anywhere he goes and ended up doing a little more than half an hour.  His set list included opening to Hovi Baby, Run This Town, his verse from the Diamonds Remix, On To The Next One (brought out Swizz Beatz), You Don't Know, 99 Problems, Dead Presidents, Can I Live, PSA, Already Home, and then closed out with Empire State. 

As far as the actual game - our half court offense is non existent.  We're going to have some major issues against the team's that can successfully slow us down and make it a half court game.  For all the praise that KD and Rose have been getting it seemed like they struggled tonight but it's was a scrimmage with an all star game type feel to it so I'm not worried.  Steph Curry is a lock for the team and that jumper is as pretty in person as it is on TV as at one point he hit 3 3's in a row.  Lamar Odom was getting the biggest crowd cheers all night and his versatility was definitely displayed tonight as he hit a few outside shots and contributed in the paint as well.  Ummm...what else?  Oh yeah, Rudy Gay tried to viciously posterize (forget who) someone on the first possession.  The game did end in a sudden death overtime which was kinda weird but Rondo ended up throwing an alley to Chandler for the win.  It'll be interesting to see how the team does on Sunday.

I took some videos that aren't great (I was front row in the mezzanine) but they'll give you an idea of the atmosphere and I'll be posting them on my site and I'll link em up here too when there up.

NEW YORK -- The United States has reduced its roster to 13 players, cutting Jeff Green of the Oklahoma City Thunder and JaVale McGee of the Washington Wizards.

USA Basketball made the moves Sunday before it played France in an exhibition game at Madison Square Garden. Cutting McGee leaves Tyson Chandler as the only true center on the American roster.

Neither Green nor McGee played in the U.S. scrimmage against China on Saturday.

The Americans will bring the 13 remaining players when they leave for Europe on Monday. They must cut one more before the world championships start Aug. 28 in Turkey.

Team officials previously said they might bring all 15 to Europe, but USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo says having fewer players will help in the team's final preparations.

NEW YORK -- The United States has reduced its roster to 13 players, cutting Jeff Green of the Oklahoma City Thunder and JaVale McGee of the Washington Wizards.

USA Basketball made the moves Sunday before it played France in an exhibition game at Madison Square Garden. Cutting McGee leaves Tyson Chandler as the only true center on the American roster.

Neither Green nor McGee played in the U.S. scrimmage against China on Saturday.

The Americans will bring the 13 remaining players when they leave for Europe on Monday. They must cut one more before the world championships start Aug. 28 in Turkey.

Team officials previously said they might bring all 15 to Europe, but USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo says having fewer players will help in the team's final preparations.

Back
Top Bottom