Official Umar Johnson Thread

Everything he said here about black entertainers is 100% true

This is true, however it's not exclusive to black people. Pro Athletes (which are entainers) and actors are compensated significantly higher than teachers of any kind. That's across almost all cultural spectrums.

This is true, however it's not exclusive to black people.

why is this important?

why does our culture have the need to point out what is or isn't exclusive to us when addressing clear roadblocks within our own culture.

ok, it isnt exclusive to us......moving forward, it IS a problem, so how can we get around it?

why is this important?

why does our culture have the need to point out what is or isn't exclusive to us when addressing clear roadblocks within our own culture.

ok, it isnt exclusive to us......moving forward, it IS a problem, so how can we get around it?

i wasnt speaking for the culture. I was speaking from my perspective. He said something which I agreed with, regarding entertainment being a distraction for blacks. But how my mind works, lol, i just always look the bigger picture which is humanity. And I see it as a huge distraction for our species as a whole (" too" time dedicated to creating things that wasted consuming content, which could be better served solving the vast array of problems)... But I believe i understand what you are getting at, being "stay on topic". He addressed blacks in this context so stay on that. Ok, I can do that too.

How do we get around it? Its easy and complex at the same time. Like Umar also believes, its start with the family structure. It takes conscious black man, choosing conscious women to be the mother of their children and training them up with priorities and a perspective on life focusing on whats really important. And these priorities should be inline with pushing the culture forward in education and economics. All while being committed to the culture economically and sharing information ( no crabs in a barrel mentality). It will take generations, but it must be a concerted effort to not marry the woman with the biggest butt, but with the brightest mind and loyalty to the goals. Then you will have a population of people who not only know whats important but reflects that on how they spend their capital and what they devote most of their attention to. We all go to do our part, Im doing mine.( I tried to keep it brief)

How do we get around it? Its easy and complex at the same time. Like Umar also believes, its start with the family structure. It takes conscious black man, choosing conscious women to be the mother of their children and training them up with priorities and a perspective on life focusing on whats really important. And these priorities should be inline with pushing the culture forward in education and economics. All while being committed to the culture economically and sharing information ( no crabs in a barrel mentality). It will take generations, but it must be a concerted effort to not marry the woman with the biggest butt, but with the brightest mind and loyalty to the goals. Then you will have a population of people who not only know whats important but reflects that on how they spend their capital and what they devote most of their attention to. ( I tried to keep it brief)

this is my biggest issue with the movement. we put too much effort into getting people to do what they dont wanna do.

the target audience of Umar, Boyce, and Claud Anderson want nothing more than to continue to listen to Cardi B, buy Jordans and purses, and work just to goto the club or occasional cruise to post pictures on social media.

they dont gaf about education and economics.

getting them to do any of the above is a complete waste of energy.

the change in them has to come from them. we’re not going to guilt or shame them into being more aware or seeking to be conscious.

people laughed at the idea that Jay Z’s 4:44 inspired people within our culture to do better, but a large portion of our culture needs that message to be implanted in song lyrics like applesauce laced with medicine

our culture refuses to employ this tactic though

its the great divide of our culture

spike lee used to have the audience AND the message.
once he lost the audience he could have easily employed Tyler Perry to convey his message through his lens.

NOPE.

he chose to publically chastize Tyler instead of using him as a bridge to reach the audience

its what we do

what would it take for Umar, Boyce, or Claud to pay an entertainer to endorse their product?

take any one of these self dustruction rappers and flash money in their face for an endorsement or lyrics, photo op, video cameo....

NOPE.

they’d rather alienate the portion of their audience that looks up to those rappers by trying to shame them publically through social media

such a ******* waste

and the cycle goes on and on

so why do you think people like Umar, Boyce, and Claud Anderson dont employ entertainers to spread their messages?

Boyce is guilty of complaining about this as well.

well, if thats how they feel why not use entertainment as a bridge to reach their audience?
I assume, assume, most famous blacks in entertainment are scared of being viewed as part of thst Black Power movement.

a man with no political backing, no corporate backing, none of the religious nonsense. Just straight BLACK spreading knowledge and trying to do something revolutionary but yet we got these W.E.B. Dubios "I love staying within white supremacy" type dudes here just waiting to hate.

There are a billion things to fight against, but yet we have brothers here choosing to pour their HATE into a brother that is literally just for us.

We as a people have some serious issues.

Dont @ me either

So I follow a couple of pan Africanist on IG and there has been a debate about what is more important; STEM education or purchasing land in Africa... What do you guys think?

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-permalink="

Last edited:
So I follow a couple of pan Africanist on IG and there has been a debate about what is more important; STEM education or purchasing land in Africa... What do you guys think?

STEM education 100% 1000%

I'm actually working on a formal report on the importance of diversity in STEM

in Jamaica talking about how bad the Chinese taking over. Its a SERIOUS problem down there.

China came and built a highway, but the caveat is that whatever land the highway touch they can develop it to their own liking, and guess where is it?

Along the coasts and beach.

We are DOOMED

in Jamaica talking about how bad the Chinese taking over. Its a SERIOUS problem down there.

China came and built a highway, but the caveat is that whatever land the highway touch they can develop it to their own liking, and guess where is it?

Along the coasts and beach.

We are DOOMED

It's the same thing that I brought up in the Black Culture Discussion thread a few months back. This is happening all over Africa as well. I'm not sure how to stop it though. It's hard to tell poor and struggling governments not to accept millions of dollars in investments that improve the infrastructure.

I can't blame the Chinese for taking advantage of black people, they're doing what's best for them. It's sad that black run governments can't get their acts together enough to take care of their people.

Last edited:

<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-permalink="

I agree that STEM education is important but that post is sending a weird mixed message by displaying articles about hackers stealing money. :lol:

It's the same thing that I brought up in the Black Culture Discussion thread a few months back. This is happening all over Africa as well. I'm not sure how to stop it though. It's hard to tell poor and struggling governments not to accept millions of dollars in investments that improve the infrastructure.

If I remember right this is the same caveat to Akon's deal with the electricity. He brought electricity by promising China a lot of benefits

its one of the most difficult things to over come when dealing with the aftermath of colonialism and imperialism. a functioning self sufficient country and government needs massive amounts of money circulating through it to sustain it. some of that is generated by exporting goods, but alot of it is generated by taxing and consumerism, both of which have to take place from within the countries. some countries are way further ahead than others but there are countries where the people just dont have the spending power to sustain a successful economy. its a tough situation.

Back
Top Bottom