Official UFC: Undisputed Thread vol. NT Tournament!! Post your GTs by Friday! Read Pg 1

^ no way you were watching the ufc that long ago and you're wondering how a gassed person can possibly pull of a sub on a guy with more energy..it'snot that uncommon

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

^ no way you were watching the ufc that long ago and you're wondering how a gassed person can possibly pull of a sub on a guy with more energy..it's not that uncommon
for the record, im not mad.
laugh.gif
but how are you going to tellme that i wasnt watching the ufc when i was younger. im 21 years old and that stuff was in the mid-90's. when i was like 8, i would watch it with my olderbrothers every time it was on. i was doing karate at that time so that stuff was interesting to me.

as for my little gripe, its not just that they're getting into the submissions. i understand if someones locks you into the armbar because you leave yourarm out there, then you're going to tap. the problem is that they are draining all of the opponent's energy before they actually LOCK it in. you wouldimagine that it would be extremely difficult to wrestle your opponent's arm/leg for 10 plus seconds so you could lock in a submission, if you were drainedof energy. just food for thought.

Come on seriously, it's just a game. Everyone needs to quit complaining and just play

UFC update the Xbox tourney brackets and make it look like ur lil sister didn't make it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Come on seriously, it's just a game. Everyone needs to quit complaining and just play

UFC update the Xbox tourney brackets and make it look like ur lil sister didn't make it
laugh.gif

i always hated that response
mad.gif
laugh.gif

dont mind my complaints, i dont have a blog.

Originally Posted by 84jordan03

Originally Posted by Club29

How can a fighter, who is completely gassed, grab a submission against a fighter who has about 60 percent of their energy and be able to hold on long enough for them to lose all of their energy to make them tap. Does that even make sense?
Jesus could you complain a little more?

Its obvious you arent good at the game.

Build a bridge, and get over it.

im a level 30 in three days of playing, so obviously i know how to play. but seriously how does that work? theres no reasonable explanation for it.

edit: btw, i've been watching the sport since it early days, when Royce Gracie was killing, so dont equate me with the people that know nothing about the sport.

im not equating you with anything, im just pointing out that you complain too damn much.

laugh.gif

mad.gif
laugh.gif

You hate bc u know I'm right.

You don't get paid to win this game, it's just something most of us do for fun. so relax.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

mad.gif
laugh.gif

You hate bc u know I'm right.

You don't get paid to win this game, it's just something most of us do for fun. so relax.
laugh.gif

i always hated that response in general. i play other video games for cash so i guess im a little more competitive than others. i still think my 3 complaintsare legitimate, at least one of them will be fixed (the disconnect one).
ohwell.gif

does anyone else use unranked matches as "practice"?

My ground game is solid, but I like to use unranked matches to refine my standup and takedown defense in preparation for ranked matches
laugh.gif

Maybe im just a weirdo

ROUND 2 tournamenthttp://

http://

ok i didnt know who won the fight between steamer and krytonite, but since steamer hasnt been on, im guessing he lost. same with brownin and the other guy..let me know tho so i can update.
http://

Originally Posted by Club29

does anyone else use unranked matches as "practice"?

My ground game is solid, but I like to use unranked matches to refine my standup and takedown defense in preparation for ranked matches
laugh.gif

Maybe im just a weirdo

i do this also. i like player matches better because dudes dont quit
laugh.gif

Dudes in player matches still quit, not sure why? Waste is time.. Yesterday, this guy used his fedor at hw so I used mine. His had better stats and I straightdominated his ugly looking fedor. It looked more like carl from aqua teen hunger force
laugh.gif

just went through 25+ pages of this thread....
impressions of this thread...
-there are some beasts on XBOX, not so much on PS3
-dont open your mouth about how youre a "beast" cause chances are you suck.
-not really A+ advice like i was hoping for like in the Street Fighter thread

got the game last night...
-game looks and feels
smokin.gif

-ground game is quite possibly the hardest thing ever to first comprehend then execute(word to kobe)
-roster is weak, outside of the top 6-8
-Create-a-fighter is
smokin.gif
, is there anything better than knocking someone out with your weak !$@ at the beginning??
laugh.gif

-Practice is key!
- went 1-1 online last night, and wont be on again until i can defend ground and pound!

general questions/concerns?
- do leg kicks even have any effect, besides tiring you and him out? i mean it would be cool if they limped.
- possible to knock someone out with body shots?
-i cant charge onto someone after you knock them down, damn donkey kicks

there are so many variables...
laugh.gif

^ you can only make people turn into the grey screen with body shots. Ufc fights where this happened.. I don't think the animations allow for a clean ko tothe body because the ref would have to run to stop the fight quickly
Melvin guillard vs gabe ruediguer(spelling?)
Machida was close to a tko against Tito when he rocked him with a knee
Scott smith vs pete sell.. Smith Was close to falling over when he counter punched sell for the ko
Cro cop made bob sapp cry like a baby from a kick to the body. I can only hope the next game will have better animations such as limping, different stances,more signature moves, cage work, better red stoppages, throw in a broken arm or make a guy go to sleep once in a blue moon, limp from leg kicks after a bunch.The bad thing about more variables means the lower tier guys are gonna suck that much more...

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

just went through 25+ pages of this thread....
impressions of this thread...
-there are some beasts on XBOX, not so much on PS3
-dont open your mouth about how youre a "beast" cause chances are you suck.
-not really A+ advice like i was hoping for like in the Street Fighter thread

got the game last night...
-game looks and feels
smokin.gif

-ground game is quite possibly the hardest thing ever to first comprehend then execute(word to kobe)
-roster is weak, outside of the top 6-8
-Create-a-fighter is
smokin.gif
, is there anything better than knocking someone out with your weak !$@ at the beginning??
laugh.gif

-Practice is key!
- went 1-1 online last night, and wont be on again until i can defend ground and pound!

- do leg kicks even have any effect, besides tiring you and him out? i mean it would be cool if they limped.

laugh.gif
92-28 online on ps3, could that be considered beasty
laugh.gif

Answers:
- enough leg kicks can weaken opponents kicks and set up kneebars.
- body shots can't knock people out but they can rock em and setup the tko or submission.
- you can step forward and throw a punch to lunge at a person on the ground.

I'd also pay 20 bucks for something like pride dlc where you can wear pride gloves, pride ring, pride announcer, pride belt, no elbows but having thq makeanimations for knees to the head, maybe even show replays from the ref's cam.I think this would be worth 15- 20 bucks.

Originally Posted by Nati P

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

laugh.gif
Answers:
- enough leg kicks can weaken opponents kicks and set up kneebars.
- body shots can't knock people out but they can rock em and setup the tko or submission.
- you can step forward and throw a punch to lunge at a person on the ground.
haha youre one, XBOX has Club and Maj
laugh.gif

leg kicks and body shots "weaken" opponents but with jabs and crosses to the head knocking out people regularly and quickly...whats the point?obviously i use them to set up head shots once they take their guard down. i just think it woulda been cool if they limped or showed noticable changes(i equate it to nascar damage, if your running up on the walls the right side of your car will show damage while the left won't)
idk just ideas to improve stuff. the damage system is also flawed...i mean ill be opened up above, below, behind and across my right eye, when the next roundstarts im fresh as hell, WTH?
laugh.gif

i hope they put the Gracie fam up for DLC, Shamrock, Tank Abbott, etc

Kimbo would be really cool to see animated, wont happen but it would be hilarious 99 standing 0 ground
laugh.gif

EDIT: ^^^Club: I'm talking about in the skill rankings...but youre right i dont follow the sport closely so it would be helpful knowing some of fightersbetter.

Whats the secret to getting out of submissions?

I fought Kongo with Arlovski... put him in about 5 submission attempts and none of them worked at all... then he puts me in an arm bar with Kongo and it goesthrough

43 sub offense rating vs a 82 sub defense and i lose? *$#

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

man im so thirsty for this game, God HELP ME!

You don't want it wit me in UFC. Dom..... I'll lay u out just like in Street Fighter IV
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Man don't even bring up street fighter, too many bad memories of me getting so close to breaking my te stick. I think it's gonna stay in the closettill mvsc2 comes out then again for tekken and kof.

^ going through career helped me. I didn't even know you can go into a persons half guard by holding lb and flicking right on the right analog when he ison the floor and you're standing. From the same position, you can wait for a grounded person to up kick you and grab it to end in side control by flickingup or down on the right analog depending on where he kicks you. If you're a wrestler you can hold lb and do a major transition(half circle) in a personsopen or closed guard to end up standing over them, punches do plenty of damage here and then transition again to end up in side control. Blocking transitionsis good at first but makes for a boring fight if you don't advance. If a person does this too much, punch them or try going for a sub and then press theleft analog in to stop the sub and transition quickly. It will throw some people off.. Also you can fake like you're going to do a transiton to mess withtheir head and makes yourself become unpredictable. You do this by attempting a transition and then go back to transiion blocking. Reversing transitions is thebest tool but requires great timing and little lag. Do this by flicking left to right on the right analog. That's really all there is to it. Thq reallytook a hint from EA's skate and did a pretty good job creating a good ground fight, could always be better of course.

Back
Top Bottom