Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

@lamsott, im not sure if you're an insider, or if you live in a small state or city to where it's easy for you to buy every release, but this is a pretty serious matter for normal regular everyday people who just like retros and certain popular Nikes.

If Nike doesn't switch up how they sell regular GR Retros in the next 2 years, it's going to be another company/brand that's going to profit heavily off of their selfish business tactics. One of my cousins sons work a Footlocker, and I didn't even know it. After i found out, i talked to him so i could get plugged in.

Let's just say that being plugged in is no different than paying resell. It might not be as bad as resell, but it's not far off. He also told me that it's so bad right now with how Nike/Jordan/along with these Shoestores with the point system, that they're making it harder for the employees themselves to get a pair.

He said the demand is just way to high right now, every and anybody wants in, and everyone is willing to pay to play, it's basically a resellers market now. Meaning that the majority of people who just want to wear the shoe in the streets have been squeezed out of the equation big time.

Due to how mainstream that sneakers have become nowadays because of social media and the media in general, certain Nikes/Jordans/Yeezy's have become luxury items. Their in the category of high end designer bags, shoes, etc.

Ya'll have to remember that this site, and people like us are a niche community. We talk about paying resell, not paying resell. We talk about getting into Bots or cook groups, or just trying different ways to buy manually. But there's way more people who don't care that much about it, and that are gravitating towards other brands.

If Nike keeps this up for another 2 years, theirs no way that they benefit from the general public, because the general consumers who make their products popular, can't even buy their shoes anymore. This is because their shoes are treated as if the shoes are paintings, and investments.

All you have to do is look at how the system is built for us to buy their shoes. Why don't they have first come first serve at stores anymore? It's weird to watch, because they're about to shoot themselves in the foot big time in these next few years.

Someone like Kanye, along with Adidas could easily take over the shoe game right now and dominate the shoe world. All they would have to do is make a few more pairs on each model compared to their production numbers as of now, and do exactly what i say. Sell in stores to the general consumers with the first come first serve system, and then you would satisfy people who just want a popular good looking shoe that wasn't treated like a lottery to buy.

Then it would attract more consumers because of the availability on release day. It would have to be Kanye, Adidas, or Reebok to release popular models to the public in that way first. They do that in every state, in multiple stores, it would shut down Nike shenanigans quick.

It's just super weird to watch how the entire way we buy shoes today. You have to literally get lucky to buy what you want. Mark my words, the way they have it set up won't last forever, because it's only resellers and people who are willingly to throw money away for their shoes.

The streets and general public decides what's popular. If the regular teen who has $200.00 ready to buy their shoes can't, then they'll go somewhere else, while making that popular.
I agree with this somewhat..This is not sustainable. If there’s not a period like 2014-2018 where Jordans/Nike are attainable in the next couple years, people are just going to stop trying eventually.

Look at this madness.
Googled Travis low fragment.

2690F373-F5D4-4EA9-BA07-BCFE212819E7.png 2B45BCF3-1C99-486A-B12E-18EDF129CED7.png 525D3F0C-92B3-46E2-8A7A-96AFD777623B.png
So many fakes. These sites are asking

$1200 for FAKE SHOES!!!

Be careful out there! 🚨☢️

Lots of 💩🍐s.

only time the bubble will burst is when shoes stop being profitable. What’s sad is that this reseller thing has spilled over to other things like kids toys and video games and these people are taking joy away from kids to make a few bucks. I think that’s a shame. But that’s the game now. So now I either pay or don’t cop. But it’s not sustainable I don’t think from a PR stand point. Yea Nike selling their shoes and getting profit but enough people complain or just give up on their products because they become to hard to purchase you will see a change up. It’s already slowly leading there. You also want brand visibility as well. You want your shoes on the feet of the most people you can get them to

**** I’m writing a book now myself lol

only time the bubble will burst is when shoes stop being profitable. What’s sad is that this reseller thing has spilled over to other things like kids toys and video games and these people are taking joy away from kids to make a few bucks. I think that’s a shame. But that’s the game now. So now I either pay or don’t cop. But it’s not sustainable I don’t think from a PR stand point. Yea Nike selling their shoes and getting profit but enough people complain or just give up on their products because they become to hard to purchase you will see a change up. It’s already slowly leading there. You also want brand visibility as well. You want your shoes on the feet of the most people you can get them to

**** I’m writing a book now myself lol
I agree with you though. Im one of the people beginning to feel like giving up. I slowly have started giving up on jordans, actually. I'm 41 and have been giving jb money for over 30 years now. And it's hard for me to obtain the shoes I want. Its crazy. I refuse to pay above retail for anything. The retail price is high enough as is. Its just crazy that such a loyal nike customer can't get the shoes they want. So, whatever, let the bots and resellers have them. Ill wear different shoes.

To urbanmiracle urbanmiracle , we're talking about 2 different issues here. Im not talking about what you're talking about at all. Nike and Jordan Brand will remain who they are in mainstream pop culture because they set trends in the sneaker community like no other.

Yes, they will continue to be at the top because of the history they've made. But they're leaving room for others like Kanye, J. Lorenzo, Adidas to take over what they once claimed. From my observation on how Nike/Jordan Brand has changed the way how they let us purchase their shoes, is as if they're slowly transitioning the shoes to be in the category of Louise Vuitton, but just in the format of shoes, not bags.

I travel, and let me tell you this, due to what's going on now with how different purchasing shoes is compared to how it use to be, the majority of people who just want to wear these shoes aren't getting them at all, they're not even getting the regular GR retros due to the high demand that's going on.

I see the majority people on a average with Yeezy Slides, and 350 Boosts on this summer than anything. I've only seen retro jordans a few times, and that's not alot compared to how frequently I would see retros in the wild before 2015. I've only seen Jordan 1 hyper royal, and university blues one a piece on different occasions.

Jordan 1 shadow 2.0 seen one time, Jordan 13,s two seperate occasions, and Travis Scott 1 High OG one time. Any other retros i haven't seen people wearing them outside at all. The shoes i just listed that I've seen were at events, or somewhere where there were large gatherings, i.e. Malls, restaurants, airports, clubs.

So with that said, since it's all about resell and people treating shoes as high end collectibles as if they're stock, the landscape of how Nike stays popular in the moment will definitely change soon.

The niche crowd like us on this site will keep doing what we do, but the masses won't, because they've been shut out of purchasing process. People are only wearing these shoes as a stunt and to floss from time to time, the other half are hoarding them inside of their closets waiting for the value to go up on them.

With the way things are going right now, it's leaving the door for someone like Kanye and Adidas to take over the game in a huge way. It's going to take balls and heart though, because everybody is playing it safe by doing the limited online safe way of making for sure guaranteed revenue. But if they ever start doing first come first serve against Nike, the popularity at the moment would fall fast

Because alot of us are sick and tired of playing lottery games just to buy some shoes.

A lot of great discussion going on in here guys but, I’m one with a little self control with some of these sneakers and these lows…….retail or resell 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm fine waiting on the poor mans version. Wanted the 1st high's bad but am satisfied with the Mocha release. Dont get it twisted I hope I can grab a pair of the new highs but Nikes marketing of scarcity makes people buy other **** they dont want is lost on me. I'm not paying the aftermarket prices for shoes I'll wear.

Didn't initially like the color blocking on the new high and low. Now I'm all hyped on them because of a password page and the word "SOON". They got this down to a science. Never would consider paying thousands of dollars for any shoe. They make tooo many every year. Why get juiced on 1 pear. 🤷‍♂️🍐

everyone was saying “$200” for the longest time

all the fake box pairs said $175

and thats why none of the sneaker IG, twitter heads wanted to show the front of their boxes.

now watch, go figure there will be pics of the front of the boxes now.
They all probably had Reps. I have personally seen 3 or 4 pairs and they all look like the Nike pictures with slight variations in the blue. So if you can't get them from a retailer, stay away.

They all probably had Reps. I have personally seen 3 or 4 pairs and they all look like the Nike pictures with slight variations in the blue. So if you can't get them from a retailer, stay away.
ding ding ding.

i knew what was going on from the get go. i knew the fake boxes said 175 and all the rumors were 200. i wouldnt buy anything from an IG seller….ever. twitter or anything like that.

The only real pairs of highs that were making their rounds were the few pairs sent to influencers by sneakerknockerz. These were the sample pairs that outsole text on the outside of the modsole instead of the inside. They were all size 9. very few of those made it state side. From then onto about a few weeks ago, no legit pairs with boxes were even in the states. There were a lot of back channel no box pairs of the highs this release and I know people who personally made a killing on goat for the pairs they were able to get off before the boxed pairs hit stateside and they had to slash their prices.

they buy fakes and chuck the box and act like the pair is promo or whatever, since now people believe in pairs without boxes being “hook up” pairs.

and bklyn style said it perfectly.

Yep, people started that lie of sneaking pairs out before packaging. If you find a replica group on reddit, you will see 90% of boxes get delivered trashed.

two levels of scum in the game

bot boys

“early release” heads and fake swindlers.

and i feel like the ig community and fake swindlers just push the narrative they wish. “oh no box”. from a “hookup” or “from memphis theives group”

95% of ‘first looks’ are fake. nobody hates on them then. and first looks = followers and likes. so they dont care if theyre showing fakes and not being up front about it.

they know of a few cases that this excuse worked and was valid, and now they stick with it like gold.

I'm glad this thread turned towards exposing the fakes, rather than mindlessly reposting pics of replicas
it's the main reason why I don't own the og Travis highs, the fakes are so rampant, I wouldn't dare pay $800+ (right after the release) and there's a possibility that it isn't authentic. I'll be taking the same approach with the next 2 releases. if I can't hit from a retail spot then it wasn't meant to be.

they buy fakes and chuck the box and act like the pair is promo or whatever, since now people believe in pairs without boxes being “hook up” pairs.

and bklyn style said it perfectly.

as always, I can’t speak for the people promoting fakes and shoe tubers. The majority of people with legit access don’t talk about it because it’s business. Real no box pairs legit come like this. Like I mentioned in earlier posts how a shoe comes in gives you a good idea where it’s coming from and sometimes how close we are to them being in states. I’m sure if I looked though there are plenty of people doing exactly what you said. Idk what’s the point though because closer too and after release it should be pretty easy to tell if they had an early fake or an early pair just based on accuracy.
2515DBA1-822D-43C5-8816-C1AAE224FE5A.jpeg

C87F4910-C335-46EB-AB8D-102F2FD4C436.png

its ironic because every release we talk about how Nike needs to crack down on shops that backdoor when by far the largest backdoors are in Nikes supply chains before they even hit a shops inventory.

Read all that discussion and guess what

y’all all going to be on snkrs clicking and hoping.

honestly people aren’t giving up there is a lot of people into sneakers now. They will be replaced by a new group.

the reason people won’t drop out cause it’s easy to try. Click a button and wait. Now if we had to actually stand in line or get physical raffle tickets. I see people giving up. The way things are

Time verses results

As long as it’s clicking on ur phone. People will try everytime. Keeping demand up.

fomo will kick in then the resell market thrives off that cycle repeats.

You could increase supply yes why do that though.

barrier to entry is low… meaning there will always be a base high enough to sell out the shoe. Goal complete for Nike.

Yes you can make people happy in the short term then dilute the brand long term which isn’t beneficial to Nike.

So in all old heads can fake retire. There is way more people that still care. Sustainability of resell will exist no matter what as long as barrier entry is low.

Which feeds…. Fomo…… then buying resell.

Nike corporation they are profit driven. They don’t care about y’all. They want sell shoes and clothing.

Which they do well right now.

Back
Top Bottom