Official Trailblazers @ Lakers 02-26-08 7:30pm PST

^wow... I know Luke is having a bad season but damn
smh.gif

and it's not as if he's costing you guys wins or anything... I'm sure Knicks fans would love have a roster swap with the Lakers and not complainone bit about Luke....

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

^wow... I know Luke is having a bad season but damn
smh.gif

and it's not as if he's costing you guys wins or anything... I'm sure Knicks fans would love have a roster swap with the Lakers and not complain one bit about Luke....

of course he's not costing the lakers wins when they blow teams out by 15-20 (no thanks to him) but i think a lot of the people on this board(including myself) are frustrated with the amount of time this guy gets for what hes "doing" on the floor

of course he's not costing the lakers wins when they blow teams out by 15-20 (no thanks to him) but i think a lot of the people on this board (including myself) are frustrated with the amount of time this guy gets for what hes "doing" on the floor

ya I understand but I think Phil knows what he's doing....

Man if the Bulls were doing as well as the Lakers you think I'd complain about a certain player? I never complained about Dickey Simpkins or Bill Wennigtonwhen the Bulls were good... I didn't even complain about Will Perdue.....

I mean I'd understand if Luke was costing the team wins or killing the team chemistry or something...

Man, some of you guys complain WAY TOO MUCH.
we are the best team in the West and you want to sit there and complain about Luke Walton?
smh.gif
I don't even know what to say with some of ya'll.
Why can't we just be content with this roster we have now?

I mean we are 40-17 and we're not even 100% healthy.

what could have been if Yao didnt injured. He'll show Bynum who the boss at the 5, so Lakers can stop thinking theyre invincible.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

ya I understand but I think Phil knows what he's doing....

Man if the Bulls were doing as well as the Lakers you think I'd complain about a certain player? I never complained about Dickey Simpkins or Bill Wennigton when the Bulls were good... I didn't even complain about Will Perdue.....

I mean I'd understand if Luke was costing the team wins or killing the team chemistry or something...

i agree about not criticizing players on ur bulls team if they were doin this well but everyone knows that the lakes are on a bigger stage than everyoneelse and probably have more fans on this board than any other area except for new york which leaves them open to A LOT more criticism, especially on those whoarent performing well

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Man, some of you guys complain WAY TOO MUCH.
we are the best team in the West and you want to sit there and complain about Luke Walton?
smh.gif
I don't even know what to say with some of ya'll.
Why can't we just be content with this roster we have now?

I mean we are 40-17 and we're not even 100% healthy.

im sure u know as well as i do that laker fans wont be happy until they get another championship, even then theyll (we'll) still be criticizing playerswho dont perform in the finals

Originally Posted by rocboys

what could have been if Yao didnt injured. He'll show Bynum who the boss at the 5, so Lakers can stop thinking theyre invincible.
When, next year?

i was disappointed in the Howard/yao matchup when dudes were hyping him hard. can you post bynum yao matchup stats in their two games this season

i was disappointed in the Howard/yao matchup when dudes were hyping him hard. can you post bynum yao matchup stats in their two games this season

do we give a #%#@ about the rockets? dont you have your own game thread to circle jerk in with your fanboys?

if suns can pick up Brent Barry, it is a wrap for your team. roy back in the lineup=loss for you. once again not being a troll.

How does putting "once again not being a troll." negate what you said right before that sentence??

That's like saying hey your ugly. once again not being mean.
tired.gif

if suns can pick up Brent Barry, it is a wrap for your team. roy back in the lineup=loss for you. once again not being a troll.
why dont you do us all a favor and go back under the bridge...

hows yao? karma is a !*$+$ captain troll

--Good win by the Lakers!! I was at work so I didn't see the "ugly" first half. Came home and it was Blazers 64 Lakers 59, and we all know whathappened after that.
--I agree with Sohi, we gotta stop complaining about our players and count our blessings. 1st in the west? I'll take that. Luke Walton on a slump?Don't matter, Lakers are deep enough right now to carry him. Everyone goes through slumps. Sasha cant handle the rock? He's a shooting guard. I'lltake those 3's of his any day, regardless of seasons previous. Every point counts. Considering where we are at I am willing to erase the previous 3 seasonsfrom my mind and look forward guys.

--
roll.gif
at dude who said its a wrap for the Lakers if the Suns get BrentBarry. Like Brent Barry is some kind of franchise player or somethin. Dude is a veteran version of Sasha. CMON.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

I cannot wait to hear what CP has to say about this game. He's probably at home poppin bottles and setting off fireworks as we speak. I'm sure if I could see PDX from Eugene I'd see a giant "HAHA" in the sky.

I expect a full PM box tomorrow morning.

embarassed.gif
sick.gif
eyes.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

frown.gif

Ches, I'm hurt by this statement.
wink.gif

Come on man, you should know better then that. I said in the beginning of the thread that we are the Blazer's super bowl. I knew it would be close and itwas. The announcers almost caused me to remove my TV from existence, but I guess I should be used to it by now.

I'm glad we got the win, but I have a bad feeling about Friday. I'm more then sure the Rose Garden will be filled to the brim and we'll be comingoff a back to back. I'm hoping Vlad gets back in time for that game as we could use his shooting. Luke spotting up last night just wasn't working forme. I noticed that Phil went with the quick hook on him right after halftime and went to Sasha. I never thought I would see that. Hopefully Luke gets hislegs under him and relaxes.

JON, Chester, holla at you Friday. If ya'll see Mike Rice on the street somewhere, mushroom cloud that m&%^$*F**(^( for me.
laugh.gif

I think luke is still "hurt". In phil jackson's interview he stated he couldn't wait for ariza to get back because luke isn't 100%.

While I was at the game I had the same thoughts as some of you guys. I didn't want to see luke on the floor at all but sasha IMO shoots WAY too much. Buteverytime I would shake my head no about a shot he would drain it. He did have some big 3's.

Farmar is going to be a stud. My boy is a portland fan and he came with me. He has been hating farmar because I always talked him up. All he could say as weleft was damn farmar is good!

Lemarcus is going to be great when he gets in the right situation and travis outlaw jumps so high for his jumpshot its kinda like he throws the ball down. Icouldn't believe the jumpers he was hitting. It was a great game last night. Didn't take a lot of pictures cuzz I was so busy watching the game.

thank you.. i'm glad to see some other people come to luke's defense. look i don't think he's the best player in the world or anything, but ido think he's a solid role player. does he have to step it up this year in terms of performance? sure. but to the degree that you guys want him to play?it's laughable. since when did luke walton become a basketball god that we expect him to play lights out every night? no one expected ANYTHING from him upuntil last year. It was a contract year and he balled. good for him. same thing for sasha right now. is it just a coincidence he's having the best seasonof his career in his contract year? doubtful. so when he goes back to his normal vuja-suck self next year, i want to see you guys keep supporting him, keepsupporting "the machine."

same with lamar. someone said that the difference between knocking lamar and luke was the fact that lamar hasn't been sucking all season. i saw nodifference in the criticisms directed at odom and luke. prior to pau's arrival to the team, y'all were calling for him to be traded for JERMAINEO'NEAL. when the heck was the last time o'neal was healthy? all i saw was odumb this odumb that, missed another layup, blah blah. i mean some of youguys overreact way too much. as someone mentioned, it's not like luke is destroying team chemistry or costing us wins (alright he did in that one gameleading up to the 9 game road trip.) he's not a smush and he's not a kwame. the guy may not be the best player, but he was drafted in the second roundand was a bench player up until last year. i don't know why you guys are expecting all-star play from him. sure he got that huge contract, but blame thaton management. i distinctly remember many of you wanting luke to remain on the team at any costs.

What does Yao and Bynum have anything to do with this game?

You can create a thread and do that yourself. Since apparently, you're post has completely nothing to do with this game.

Rocboys needs to quit.

Its always something to knock the lakers but has nothing to back it up. No stats nothing. But he wants us to post stats of bynum vs yao. WHy don't you gogo look it up?

I'm thoroughly convinced that it does not matter how you try to slice it...people will continue to hate on Luke. I don't mind it at all, matter of factcontinue to hate because when he gets out of his slump it will be you same haters riding him.

have fun making the playoffs
roll.gif
maybe you can trade yourlottery pick for a scrub again

Yao= Half a season

Tmac = Half a heart.

Originally Posted by NIMO007

premature celebration
smh.gif
We were sitting down with 3 to go and all of the sudden the streamers come falling down and everybody in the crowd is like %+#?

Then it happens again a mintue later. Either the system was broken or somebody is getting fired this morning.

Originally Posted by tupac003

While I was at the game I had the same thoughts as some of you guys. I didn't want to see luke on the floor at all but sasha IMO shoots WAY too much. But everytime I would shake my head no about a shot he would drain it. He did have some big 3's.

From what I understand Phil has instructed Sasha to shoot at will when he's on the floor. Frankly it's been a good coaching decision, Sasha'sbeen putting in work the past month and although he makes a lot of bad offensive decisions his points are up, his confidence is high, and his flop game is onpoint
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom