Official Toronto Raptors Offseason Thread . First (preseason) game in 2 days! Season Thread is up!

i guess the team didnt need humphries but i didnt mind having a hustle guy like that rounding out the very end of the bench.

Hump had black hole tendencies on offense...Hustle yes, but still trash. He became obsolete once Reggie Evans was acquired.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

i guess the team didnt need humphries but i didnt mind having a hustle guy like that rounding out the very end of the bench.
reggie-evans-beard.jpg

If we want to win a playoff series in 09-10 we MUST finish in 4th or 5th spot. Cavs, Celtic and Magic will finish the top 3 so we can not afford to finish 6th,7th or 8th.

I think 4th and 5th will be between maybe us, 76ers, Hawks, Wizards, Pistons and Bulls.

Indy, Charlotte, NYK, Milwaukee, NJ have 0 shot at making the playoffs. The Heat will need D-Wade to play as unbelievably good as he did last season if theyare to have any shot at getting in (although I think there is very little chance they finish 4th or 5th).

Wow.

Bryan Colangelo is a genious.

Antoine Wright is the next sixth man of the year. In five years. Book it.

smile.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Wow.

smile.gif

actually at the moment he looks like the starter.

it's between a majority starter for a playoff team or a rookie.

Wow.

smile.gif

actually at the moment he looks like the starter.

it's between a majority starter for a playoff team or a rookie.
Ya, I can see him being a starter unless BC picks up a proper starting SG because i doubt DeRozan is ready
but theirs a good chance I could be wrong.

BC's plans are still to look for a SG and a back up Center for Bargnani.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

If we want to win a playoff series in 09-10 we MUST finish in 4th or 5th spot. Cavs, Celtic and Magic will finish the top 3 so we can not afford to finish 6th, 7th or 8th.

I think 4th and 5th will be between maybe us, 76ers, Hawks, Wizards, Pistons and Bulls.

Indy, Charlotte, NYK, Milwaukee, NJ have 0 shot at making the playoffs. The Heat will need D-Wade to play as unbelievably good as he did last season if they are to have any shot at getting in (although I think there is very little chance they finish 4th or 5th).
you my sir, are tripping.
bucks depend on whether they can resign sessions, since they traded RJ for nothing and lost CV.
Pacers arnt going anywhere, and i dont think the nets are either.
but the bobcats and knicks def. have a shot at the last spot in the playoffs.
mind you, raptors aren't much better with their weak bench...

The best part is, with all these moves, we STILL have the MLE to play with. Thats why Im really excited; we have brought in three players that can make animmediate impact, and yet will still have one more major move we can make.

The season cant start soon enough.

AP went to Cleveland?
frown.gif
Dude was my favorite Raptor of all time, yes, even more than Bosh and VC. I loved dude. I really wish we didnt have to give him up.
Best of luck to the guy. He was a classy player, and a class act for the organization. Always professional, his mind always on basketball.

Anthony Parker, you sir are appreciated.
pimp.gif

Wait, Hedo is number 26!?

Gross. That officially makes him the best number 26 to ever play the game, considering that Kyle Korver was the only other in history
laugh.gif

Wait, Hedo is number 26!?

Gross. That officially makes him the best number 26 to ever play the game, considering that Kyle Korver was the only other in history
laugh.gif

26 is random, but that jersey will be copped once it drops
pimp.gif

actually a little bummed that it's been quiet for a whole day or two.
laugh.gif

have to go saskatoon for a couple days.

if any nutty deals or moves can wait for a few days while im away from the comp that would be grand.

wright is a good addition and still having the MLE is super appreciated. It'd be good to have rasho backing up bargnani. rasho did all the little thingsvery well, he was an ok defender on the low post, he was a big presence under the basket even if he failed to fill the stat sheets. im not too thrilled abtdevean ive never really liked him.

just been watching some videos on the raptors site, its getting me pumped up for the season. it cant start any sooner! im looking forward to the bursts of"now thats why we took him at #9!" moments from derozan.

watching derozen in the summer league you can tell this kid is going to be nice. a couple of nice dunks his first game and dude had the jumper working againstthe pistons today.

antonio harvey and rick kamala also suggested that the raps are trying to nab jarret jack with the mid level exception which would be a great look for us.

Surprised they would offer Jack the MLE. I know he can play SG at times, but I guess management wants to win asap and can't wait on Ukic to develop either.

He can shoot..has great vision...he can penetrate and score/dish...He's a good combo guard...Will he create a rift at the PG and compete with Jose for astarting role? Triano needs to address roles right away to avoid any problems.

The Pacers have 7 days to match, but even if they do this is a good mind-*@$+ by Bee-Cee

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

He can shoot..has great vision...he can penetrate and score/dish...He's a good combo guard...Will he create a rift at the PG and compete with Jose for a starting role? Triano needs to address roles right away to avoid any problems.

The Pacers have 7 days to match, but even if they do this is a good mind-*@$+ by Bee-Cee
All true, I like Jack just not sure how exactly he fits in with the Raptors.

Wonder if Bosh pulled some strings for his fellow GaTech alum
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

a_bosh_i.jpg

18723.jpg

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

He can shoot..has great vision...he can penetrate and score/dish...He's a good combo guard...Will he create a rift at the PG and compete with Jose for a starting role? Triano needs to address roles right away to avoid any problems.

No it won't. Calderon is like twice the player Jack is but this is still a very good singing.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom