Official Toronto - Outlet and Store report

You mean you didn't realize there were so many old farts here that rocked all those brands these new kids have never heard of :rofl:

I'm an old fart and I've never even heard of half of this stuff lmao!

Basically some of the brands you see the hypebeast kids rock now have been around forever overseas and outside of Toronto. Stuff just off my head like Comme des Garçons, Yohji Yamamoto, Edwin Jeans, Big John, XLarge, CP Company, Diesel, Replay, D&G, JPG, YSL, Issey Miyake, Chevignon... Oh wait those were for the rich kids. Poor kids like me rocked Timberlands, Dr. Martens, Pepe Jeans, DKNY, Guess, Tommy, Polo in high school with our part time job money. Other times we rocked Air Max and rarely Jordans if we didn't ball. And don't forget the Motorola pager, Oakley X-Metal sunglasses and the JDM Sony Walkman.

Last edited:
You mean you didn't realize there were so many old farts here that rocked all those brands these new kids have never heard of :rofl:

yes with sugar on top [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yo i remember going to XTC in Malvern mall to get the latest Akademiks or Enyce gear. You could haggle with the owner (Gobin was his name I think?) for a lower price.

I used to call him jay. he had another XTC by morningside/sheppard which was the original location in that sobey's plaza. dude would do all sorts of deals that would easily get his nike account cancelled these days. his store would be the closest people in GTA got to shopping in a "hood" store in NYC or Philly. anyway I got my VC1 weeks early from him & he cut me a deal when I copd 3m dunk low pro B's together.

on a side note jay had a clean white E36 bmw that was always in a prime parking spot

Last edited:
Pickering Flea Market FTW lmao. Pretty sure half the booths were selling fake ish though... There was this one dude by the food court who always had the hottest/ latest gear.

Oh man that was the spot to get "Mitchell & Ness" jerseys lol

Yo i remember going to XTC in Malvern mall to get the latest Akademiks or Enyce gear. You could haggle with the owner (Gobin was his name I think?) for a lower price.

I just passed by Woodbine Centre a couple of weeks ago while my daughter was at a basketball clinic and just happened to walk by their XTC designs, and Low and behold the one they call Gobin aka "Face" was there with the 2 brothers. (Only one missing was Uncle) Throwback #ifyouknowYOUKNOW

Been watching this Kai Bent Lee's videos for a bit not sure if anyone else watches him, his dad is the chef Sur Sur Lee. If you feel bad you missed out on the Royals.

The Roti guy took an even bigger L at Footaction.

Sorry to stray away from the topic here. But for those who got the 2017 Royal 1's, are you guys noticing a lot of differences in the quality of the blue leather? I've watched videos online saying the leather is tumbled and soft. But my pair from footaction has almost no tumbled texture on all the swooshes and the heel/back portion, almost smooth. And if anything, only the toe boxes are slightly tumbled, but nothing like what others have been describing. 

Quality control was bad on these 1s. Every pair is different as far as the tumbled leather goes. I compared my 2017 pairs with my friends pairs and they're all different. Some of lots, some barely have any. Also the 2017s are more "sport blue" even deep blue compared to the 2013s which are royal blue.

Kinda weird seeing some 90s styles coming back tho. Some younger folks wear Calvin Klein logo tees. I miss my old Reebok hexalites.

Kinda weird seeing some 90s styles coming back tho. Some younger folks wear Calvin Klein logo tees. I miss my old Reebok hexalites.
They are bringing back a lot of the 90's stuff at Urban Outfitters but for ridiculous prices imo. $50+ bucks for a classic big logo Tommy Hilfiger or CK logo tee ouch!

Last edited:
Quality control was bad on these 1s. Every pair is different as far as the tumbled leather goes. I compared my 2017 pairs with my friends pairs and they're all different. Some of lots, some barely have any. Also the 2017s are more "sport blue" even deep blue compared to the 2013s which are royal blue.
When I wiped down the 2017 Royal 1s with a leather cleaner an insanely crazy amount of the blue dye were bleeding onto my rag. Not good quality if you ask me.

Last edited:

Anybody have info on whats going on at HOH downtown toronto? There holding a press conference but they wouldnt give me any details for what.
Probably a news conference that FL is laying off/firing all the employees they've recently caught back dooring Royal 1s

j/k 
laugh.gif
meet and greet with derozan i believe

But what if you spray Crep Protect on it? Lol.
Drowned it with Jason Markk spray and same thing (I normally just use the spray on fabric).

Nike is trolling everybody with this $20 bucks at best sneaker priced $215 and street cats paying $450 on kijiji lmao!

But Michael Air Jordan Dunking!!!

Last edited:

Drowned it with Jason Markk spray and same thing (I normally just use the spray on fabric).

Nike is trolling everybody with this $20 bucks at best sneaker priced $215 and street cats paying $450 on kijiji lmao!

But Michael Air Jordan Dunking!!!
The black leather didn't turn white/hazy right? That happened on the breds if you used Crep Protect.

On a different note, does anybody know the best way to clean a New Era fitted? The under side of my brim seems to have some sweat stains. I guess it leaked from the headband to the underside of the brim. It's my favourite cap and not easily replaceable, so I'd like to tidy it up.

The black leather didn't turn white/hazy right? That happened on the breds if you used Crep Protect.

On a different note, does anybody know the best way to clean a New Era fitted? The under side of my brim seems to have some sweat stains. I guess it leaked from the headband to the underside of the brim. It's my favourite cap and not easily replaceable, so I'd like to tidy it up.
No the black leather is perfect no bleeding at all. It's the blue I think that may fade with time / repeated cleaning.

The other week I saw this kid on the subway wearing Bred 1s that were quite clean but his left toebox was like cracked glass and starting to peel, like the left bolster of the driver side bucket seat in an old sports car.

I keep seeing this New Era Recap cleaning / re-shaping kit at Today's Sportswear for like 40 bucks but I have no idea how it works.

Last edited:

New era has a Re-Cap cleaning kit, but it really doesn't work all that great as a cleaner for more serious stains.  Something like OxiClean can work pretty well, but you always need to be careful applying stuff like that.  

any tips to get a kijij ad seen? I think i'm missing something (like certain tags) because I only have 11 views and I'm past the 10th page now

Trying to get rid of some old ball shoes

Hold up....y'all wore these old brands like Sean John, Rocawear, akademiks in the 90s??????? **** no wonder I got laughed at for wearing that **** in the 2010s haha

Tommy and CK are older brands? I thought that was something that these high schoolers wear

Back
Top Bottom