:::[Official TNF] San Francisco 49ers vs. San Diego Chargers @ Qualcomm 12/16:::

Originally Posted by drop knee 101

Originally Posted by Philosoraptor

Back from the game
pimp.gif
SD

Whats good with the dude runnin on the field?

He's lucky Antwan Barnes didnt get to him
eek.gif
 before the 9ers assistant coach did.  

why did i come into this game having a slight notion that we'd be able to pull off a road a victory?
why does alex smith hold onto the ball instead of throwing it away?
why is alex smith still on the roster?
why bench troy smith?
why is alex smith allowed to play football?

it's so disheartening and discouraging as a fan to see the 49ers consistently benching decent/better quarterbacks to make way for alex smith. Shaun Hill, JT O'Sullivan, and Troy Smith are not going to get you to the superbowl, but they showed that they were much more capable than alex. sure, this game cannot be put solely on the shoulders of alex smith (receivers were dropping passes and our defense was putrid; no pash rush and the secondary was getting eaten alive by VJAX) but still this guy cannot throw a ball under pressure. the offensive line is not as bad as the stat sheets may show. 5 sacks, whoopty doo. but on 3 or 5 step drop, our O-line was still giving him at least 3-4 seconds to get the ball out, yet he waits for the pressure to build before he folds over and takes the sack or throws a wild pass that is either behind a receiver or above him. moreover, how many times today did alex smith decide to roll out the pocket to avoid pressure, run, and get tackled from behind to lose yardage rather than simply throwing the ball away?

i know i'm just beating a deadhorse...

why did i come into this game having a slight notion that we'd be able to pull off a road a victory?
why does alex smith hold onto the ball instead of throwing it away?
why is alex smith still on the roster?
why bench troy smith?
why is alex smith allowed to play football?

it's so disheartening and discouraging as a fan to see the 49ers consistently benching decent/better quarterbacks to make way for alex smith. Shaun Hill, JT O'Sullivan, and Troy Smith are not going to get you to the superbowl, but they showed that they were much more capable than alex. sure, this game cannot be put solely on the shoulders of alex smith (receivers were dropping passes and our defense was putrid; no pash rush and the secondary was getting eaten alive by VJAX) but still this guy cannot throw a ball under pressure. the offensive line is not as bad as the stat sheets may show. 5 sacks, whoopty doo. but on 3 or 5 step drop, our O-line was still giving him at least 3-4 seconds to get the ball out, yet he waits for the pressure to build before he folds over and takes the sack or throws a wild pass that is either behind a receiver or above him. moreover, how many times today did alex smith decide to roll out the pocket to avoid pressure, run, and get tackled from behind to lose yardage rather than simply throwing the ball away?

i know i'm just beating a deadhorse...

Well, the chargers were able to pass the ball around easily against the 49ers, I expected that. Though this game so many missed opportunities to shift the momentum, it might have been a different game otherwise, though the chargers did outplay us in everything.

Well, the chargers were able to pass the ball around easily against the 49ers, I expected that. Though this game so many missed opportunities to shift the momentum, it might have been a different game otherwise, though the chargers did outplay us in everything.

Originally Posted by Hodog16

Nice win. I will be one of the biggest Rams, Saints, and Steelers fans this weekend.

THIS! well it was a good win and i had fun at the stadium, walked by the nfl network booth just to catch a glimpse of my fav pregame/highlight  group in the nfl

volek on the field!
laugh.gif

GO RAMS!

Originally Posted by Hodog16

Nice win. I will be one of the biggest Rams, Saints, and Steelers fans this weekend.

THIS! well it was a good win and i had fun at the stadium, walked by the nfl network booth just to catch a glimpse of my fav pregame/highlight  group in the nfl

volek on the field!
laugh.gif

GO RAMS!

as a fan i think its a lose, lose if we make the playoffs or not

why?

we make the playoffs and theres a high chance we keep both alex and sing.

why?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

why?

I don't think so. It's easy to see that if somehow we do make the playoffs it's not because of our stellar play but rather the whole division sucking balls. Besides, there are rumors that Jed is going to clean house and restructure the organization similar to how Eddie had it. 

Back
Top Bottom