OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

4>1>2>5>3 for me but I know most won't agree

4>2>1=3>5

Season 4 is the best season in television history. The kid/school angle was brilliant to the point it will never be matched. Season 2 was the "glue" season. Seasons 1 and 3 were equally great. Season 5 only suffered because it wasn't as good as the first four. It was still very good.

only thing I don't like about 5 is the homeless serial killer angle

the newsroom stuff and all the character endings made up for that wack premise

still one of the worst seasons tho

Last edited:
Season 5 felt rushed like they were trying to use The Wire to make another statement about society that David Simon wanted to get off his chest. I still love the show as a whole and anyone I come across when they talk about tv dramas I always tell them to watch the Wire.

4>1>2>5>3 for me but I know most won't agree

4>2>1=3>5

Season 4 is the best season in television history. The kid/school angle was brilliant to the point it will never be matched. Season 2 was the "glue" season. Seasons 1 and 3 were equally great. Season 5 only suffered because it wasn't as good as the first four. It was still very good.

My exact ranking as well.

Season 5 felt rushed like they were trying to use The Wire to make another statement about society that David Simon wanted to get off his chest. I still love the show as a whole and anyone I come across when they talk about tv dramas I always tell them to watch the Wire.

If i remember correctly the script got leaked or something so they decided to just end the show thays why it was rushed.

I can't put season 2 over 1

a lotta powerful moments happened in season 1

season 2 blueprinted how the trades worked but season 1 blueprinted how the characters worked

I lean towards the characters

I can't put season 2 over 1

a lotta powerful moments happened in season 1

season 2 blueprinted how the trades worked but season 1 blueprinted how the characters worked

I lean towards the characters
100% this.

Season 1 was so beautiful to watch.

Wallace-Poot-Bodie dynamic 

Barksdale dynamic that showed vulnerability even though they were the top dogs.

Omar.

the PD.

This show developed characters like no other show. No filler episodes. No long drawn out scenes.

Just an awesome season

I've watched the whole series four times now. Simon gets preachy throughout the whole thing. It was just a little more heavy handed in Season 5.

100% this.

Season 1 was so beautiful to watch.

Wallace-Poot-Bodie dynamic 

Barksdale dynamic that showed vulnerability even though they were the top dogs.

Omar.

the PD.

This show developed characters like no other show. No filler episodes. No long drawn out scenes.

Just an awesome season

and the classic chess scene with d

Almost done with the series and I can't believe they off'd Prop Joe. I think I'm on episode 3 right now and Marlow and McNulty are both out of control right now.

Marlow got that Santana walk too :lol:

Last edited:
Are you done with the show? How did you like it and where would you rank it against other shows you have watched

Are you done with the show? How did you like it and where would you rank it against other shows you have watched

I'm on episode 8 and I really do think the show is worth the hype. I do agree with people saying it seems like S5 is rushed and they're trying to tie all the seasons together tighter.

What shows do people usually compare this to? The only other shows I really watch are Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, so I guess it's on par with GoT :lol:

I'm on episode 8 and I really do think the show is worth the hype. I do agree with people saying it seems like S5 is rushed and they're trying to tie all the seasons together tighter.

What shows do people usually compare this to? The only other shows I really watch are Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, so I guess it's on par with GoT :lol:

I guess the normal frequent comparisons are Sopranos, and breaking bad. I haven't watched breaking bad yet but Sopranos doesnt stand anywhere near the wire to me in terms of the Story telling, the acting and the way they depicted on the whole city and how everything was intertwined.

I really into history and medieval times so i enjoy GOT a lot (minus the magic stuff) so its hard for me to put one above the other but the wire will probably always be the greatest television show to me.

I guess the normal frequent comparisons are Sopranos, and breaking bad. I haven't watched breaking bad yet but Sopranos doesnt stand anywhere near the wire to me in terms of the Story telling, the acting and the way they depicted on the whole city and how everything was intertwined.

I really into history and medieval times so i enjoy GOT a lot (minus the magic stuff) so its hard for me to put one above the other but the wire will probably always be the greatest television show to me.

Yeah, I tried Breaking Bad but something about these multiple season shows are just intimidating and unless I just marathon it and don't think about it, I don't even bother getting started :lol:

But yeah, like I said, I can see how this show is praised and how people can claim that it's the g.o.a.t.

3 episodes left and I really don't know where it'll end, so that's good. McNulty is really out of control though :lol:

i dont know how you can say the story telling, acting and how everything tied together was no where near the level of the wire. those 3 things were pretty amazing in the sopranos, which is the goat to me.

Let me preface this by saying i didn't fully watch the sopranos till later but i feel like they didnt really go into the Mafia lifestyle like we haven't seen before. (might have been fresh at original air time)

It was pretty one dimensional to me in how it revolved around Tony and the people close to him while the Wire went all over and had multiple stories flowing with their own arcs. This is only my opinion and you dont have to agree but the wire story board would look like Chinese to one from the Sopranos.

Back
Top Bottom