OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

Gus's whole demeanor just kills me in season 5 :lol:

But I could definitely understand someone not liking season 5. McNulty took the egotistical insubordination way too far & the newspaper stuff might've been dull to some.

To me the whole season just felt condensed and rushed. I thought the newspaper angle was great and McNulty did go too far where it became almost implausible..lol

funny things is season 2 might be a little slow but its real good and had a real good concept. My least fav. was season 5. I havent disliked the character Templeton since Brad in Se7en. everything about him on the show i hated.

I wondered who else disliked season 5 more than season 2. Seems we are in the minority.
I did too.

Wasn't satisfied with that final season at all. S2 had a real good story to it. I hated the focus on journalism and this dude with the fake story. Felt like I was watching a watered down version of Glass the movie (which I've probably already said in here).

I did too.

Wasn't satisfied with that final season at all. S2 had a real good story to it. I hated the focus on journalism and this dude with the fake story. Felt like I was watching a watered down version of Glass the movie (which I've probably already said in here).

I felt like they focused on that a little too much.

Gus's whole demeanor just kills me in season 5
laugh.gif

But I could definitely understand someone not liking season 5. McNulty took the egotistical insubordination way too far & the newspaper stuff might've been dull to some.
To me the whole season just felt condensed and rushed. I thought the newspaper angle was great and McNulty did go too far where it became almost implausible..lol
This is the main reason why I didn't like season 5 as much as the others. I felt like they just wanted to end it. 

Looks like HBO has pulled the episodes of The Wire off its Signature channel because I checked my programming guide and my DVR schedule and the episodes were gone.
mean.gif

MvLbV1t.jpg

As a reminder, if you have Amazon Prime video, you can watch The Wire on there as well.

I have every entire HBO series on Xfinity On Demand. Maybe because of my location?

I've already blown through Sopranos, Wire, and Entourage.

Season 2 easily tops Season 5.

That whole story line with the homeless murders felt incredibly lazy. It was rushed and badly done IMO.

Never really felt like I was watching a series finale.

Season 5 is definitely the weakest season. It got so heavy handed with the newspaper angle. Although, I'll defend McNulty's fake serial killer ruse to my grave. By the fourth or fifth watch, it doesn't even seem ridiculous anymore.

I just started watching the wire a few months back. I watched season 1 in 2 weeks. Season 2 literally made me stop watching the show. I finally forced my way through that season in like 3 months :lol:

I'm currently on Season 4 but I've been meaning to share this in this thread after finishing season 3.

Why do people like Stringer so much? Dude is a snake. Killed Dee behind Avon's back and then smashed his gf. Was making all these "power moves" only to find out he was being played :rofl: Then at the end he snitches on Avon :smh: He might be my most hated character in TV.

And while I'm still not done, I don't see how people rank the wire ahead of Sopranos or BB.

Last edited:
Cuz Stringer was that dude.

Dee was a snitch *** *****. Beyond soft. He needed to die more than anybody. Smashing his girl was a good deed.

Avon wasn't any better okaying Stringer's death.

Him getting played was just apart of the story. Dudes got played in this series a lot. I wanted to see him kill Clay Davis just off he strength of it.

I'm not one to form an opinion of people based off of fictional characters, but I look at people funny that rock with Stringer. I'm sorry 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I'm not one to form an opinion of people based off of fictional characters, but I look at people funny that rock with Stringer. I'm sorry :lol: :smh:

yea stinger WAS cool as hell but he gave his mans up to the police he went out like a *****

my favorite wire characters

Marlo

Avon

WeeBay

Chris Partlow

Bunk

Lester

McNulty

I'm not one to form an opinion of people based off of fictional characters, but I look at people funny that rock with Stringer. I'm sorry :lol: :smh:

:smh: String was that *****.

He basically tried to do it the right way.

Hustle up to that legit money. Avon literally took both of their lives with his ignorance.

Streets ain't built to hustle for a living, just a means out.

As far as ******* Dees girl, 99% of dope dealers are grimey as hell in real life. It's part of the game.

Stringer snitched on his best friend he's a *** and dudes co-signing this dude smh

stringer bell fans cant be trusted

Back
Top Bottom