Official Supreme Thread FW20 Done. Sale? Perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont believe that, its something

theres billionaires and brands that donated nothing

Right? At least Supreme is doing something here. People on twitter really thought they were going to flood the market with BOLOs to raise as much money as possible lol

I see what the Supreme Covid-19 box logo release actually did: raise funds for the dweller resellers :lol:. Thanks for contributing to their dusty bums, or not.

haha yea cause $600 supreme t shirts will help “boost” the economy -__-

No but, and this is a VERY simplified way of looking at it, whomever gets that $600 likely spends it on an activity to keep another person or persons employed. If that $600 was sitting in a checking account, for example, it wouldn't be as beneficial to the macro economy of the country.

Nah, Nike releases very limited Doernbecher releases every year and people don't bat an eye. In fact, those releases actually help the brand because they bring both hype and positive attention to the brand, even though they definitely could be doing more financially if they sold more of those releases.
It depends, of course, on what you value. I'm sure there are people who see today's box logos as a success. I think the Doernbecher collections come much closer to matching supply with demand, though, of course, there are exceptions. Also, Nike supports the hospital in many other ways throughout the year, most recently with cash and PPE donations--in addition to promoting donations to the hospital through its employee giving and otherwise. With that said, I am a lifelong Nike fan and a longtime shareholder, but I have my fair share of criticism for them, too.

No but, and this is a VERY simplified way of looking at it, whomever gets that $600 likely spends it on an activity to keep another person or persons employed. If that $600 was sitting in a checking account, for example, it wouldn't be as beneficial to the macro economy of the country.

i get what you’re saying... still a huge reach.

But I dont have the energy to break it down.
Right now its taking everything in me not to tweet mek the following:

On God I hope all you pieces of **** catch covid-19, need ventilators but get denied and die alone. **** all of you. On God.

Everyone is wearing yeezys. Is it played out? Maybe. Still sells out on the next drop

GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!!

A lot of (deserved) salt in this thread :lol:
This struggling every week to spend my own money got old real fast.
I don't be in here like that these days, it's not fun anymore.
That and I feel like the designs have become lackluster in more recent seasons.

Perception is everything though. If everyone has the same BOLO, people would start saying it is "played out." Supreme lives/dies based on consumer perception and hype. Their brand was built on people lining up for limited drops.
its's 1 tee, for charity at that. sure if you've only been buying supreme for 2 years and all you care about is scarcity then sure it hurts the brand for you, but those people don't matter because they're trend hopping every couple years.

in the grand scheme of things I'm perfectly fine seeing everyone with this box logo if it means a ton more money is raised for a good cause. I wouldn't be mad if I saw it at every sneaker release like we see those damn kaws Uniqlo tees.

people calling it bolo, bogo, mogo, preme hurt the brand more than 1 mass produced tee

least my chrome shirt comes in tomorrow

anywho..anybody knows how to download movies off 123movies? :nerd:

L but at least it was quick, life goes on.

It's interesting, when I was in high school and Supreme opened the LA store, I remember thinking... man these dudes in their 30s be out here waiting in line?
Now that I'm in my late 20s and seeing some of the youngins at the SF line, I'm sure they're thinking the same haha.

If this tee came in black or grey, I'd probably be all over it and tempted to buy at resell price, $5-7-900 whatever it is. At the same time I'm conflicted that people do have professional careers as resellers, I just think people can do a lot more with their minds and time than just this kinda side hustle type work. That and people taking more than the charity makes it an easy pass for me.

:lol: its about artificial demand, not artificial scarcity. Their products were limited before Carlyle.

its's 1 tee, for charity at that. sure if you've only been buying supreme for 2 years and all you care about is scarcity then sure it hurts the brand for you, but those people don't matter because they're trend hopping every couple years.

in the grand scheme of things I'm perfectly fine seeing everyone with this box logo if it means a ton more money is raised for a good cause. I wouldn't be mad if I saw it at every sneaker release like we see those damn kaws Uniqlo tees.

people calling it bolo, bogo, mogo, preme hurt the brand more than 1 mass produced tee

I think you're conflating what I said-Supreme is based on limited drops that aren't mass produced. It is literally part of the brands identity from the get-go. Jebbia even stated that they initially did this so they didn't have to take losses on the surplus merchandise but it later became the brand's identity (something even the Carlyle Group never pushed to change like post I.T. era BAPE did). In fact, I wouldn't be surprised that this drop was done more for the positive attention the brand could receive than for the money they ultimately would be able to raise directly from shirt sales. Keep in mind, there are also tax benefits for charity sales as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom