Official Superbowl XLIII thread : Congrats Steelers...Keep it real Az

Originally Posted by LakersRock20901

From No-Hypebeast.com/blog (idk how many of you guys actually read my blog so I decided to post here)

That was wrong. Seriously? The Cardinals played a better game than the Steelers did. Steelers ARE the better team in my opinion but they were outplayed on this day and it's a shame that the referees in such an important game show such favoritism towards one team. Larry Fitzgerald has elevated his game from a great receiver to the BEST receiver in the NFL. Hands down. He's had the greatest postseason of any wide receiver in NFL history. The Steelers have to be the luckiest team in the league. Sometimes you need luck to win but they get it OD. They were extremely lucky not to have played the Titans in the AFC Championship game and to win this game is just ridiculous. They were extremely fortunate a few years back against the Seahawks when the referees were also bias. The Steelers are the NFL's version of the San Antonio Spurs. The Spurs aren't ever really a truly dominant team but they win championships when, for lack of a better term, there isn't anyone else to win them.

With all this said, the better team did win today but is that always what determines champions? No. The Patriots were obviously a better team than the Giants were last year. Did the Steelers deserve to win? I don't think so. For the most popular league in this country, a league that considers parity one of it's strong suits, it is truly a shame that the scales in a game of this magnitude are tipped so greatly in one direction. These playoffs, to me anyway, will be remembered by the bad calls made. The ghost pass interference in overtime in the Chargers-Colts game, the non existent delay of game penalty in Tennessee, and all the terrible calls made in the Super Bowl (among others). I love the NFL but the league needs to take a deep look into their officiating.

Steelers fans, enjoy your tainted Lombardi trophies.

SMH.
FOH. But where do I begin??
smh.gif
Its the Titans fault they collapsed after Chris went down. Plus Crumpler fumbled the ball on their 10, or 15. Ifthe Steelers dont deserve to win. who did???

Originally Posted by dmxfury

These playoffs, to me anyway, will be remembered by the bad calls made. The ghost pass interference in overtime in the Chargers-Colts game, the non existent delay of game penalty in Tennessee, and all the terrible calls made in the Super Bowl (among others). I love the NFL but the league needs to take a deep look into their officiating.
I do agree about this.
This whole SEASON was a joke with the refs.

Bedtime, don't let this get out of hand, I don't feel like going through and warning everyone tomorrow! CONGRATS TO THE ROONEYS!

^
Great way to state your point.
I could sit here and list the 40 problems i have with the officials in this game, too, but i won't bother because the cards still got the leadwith 3 minutes left, despite all the "injustices" your crying about - and proceeded to blow it, with no penalties i can think of that cost themanything on that particularly important part of the game.

Wanna go through every single play of the game and find every penalty that could've/should've/shouldn't be called? Then go back through the restof the season and play what-if's so we can sit here and cry about it together? Officiating sucks - it's sucked against us all season long, but i'msure you weren't there to go after the refs on those occasions were you? as much as you feel like the refs took the game from the cards (i assumethey're your team the way you talk, if not then pretend they are when i say your team in this post), trust that steelers fans feel we got screwed by therefs in many ways too and realize that when the chips were down, the refs had nothing to do with the final 3 deciding minutes of that game.

The nfl has to give these officials full time year long jobs. Pay them 250k.
And have them working their craft and also, get younger.

Mez been on officials all year
laugh.gif
but he damn rite.

How come Warner never thanks god after losses? That is what annoys the hell out of me about players who love shouting god after wins. I said this in a previouspoint but why didn't he thank god for keeping him humble ans showing him how he needs to improve? Guess god is only with him when he wins
eyes.gif

I been kinda heated about the Cards losing I didn;t even congratulate the 3 Noles on winning the SB.

LT
pimp.gif

BMac
pimp.gif

O. Roye
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Dockett and Q put in work on the other side
pimp.gif
. Noles putting in work on the biggest stage

Im saying though. If you wanna blame someone for the Cards losing blame the Cards D. They let Holmes go 3 PLAYS IN A ROW.
smh.gif
Completely unacceptable. Then theSteelers run the same play on both sides of the field.
smh.gif

I don't think Boys fans are salty about anything. Because whether the Cards or Steelers win, at the end of the day, the Cowboys aren't playing. Ourlives aren't suddenly better if the Cards win/Steelers lose. Unlike some other people, quote:

"I don't care if my favorite team is eliminated from the playoffs as long as the Cowboys are eliminated as well."

Anyway, the Steelers play dirty as %!%% and it was witnessed once again tonight. They get a bunch of cheap shots and late hits that usually go unnoticed andthey are literally trying to injure players on the field. Some of their tackles are legal but you can tell that they are seriously trying to %!%% you up.

And Harrison should have definitely been ejected.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

^
I could sit here and list the 40 problems i have with the officials in this game, too, but i won't bother because the cards still got the lead with 3 minutes left, despite all the "injustices" your crying about - and proceeded to blow it, with no penalties i can think of that cost them anything on that particularly important part of the game.

Wanna go through every single play of the game and find every penalty that could've/should've/shouldn't be called? Then go back through the rest of the season and play what-if's so we can sit here and cry about it together? Officiating sucks - it's sucked against us all season long, but i'm sure you weren't there to go after the refs on those occasions were you? as much as you feel like the refs took the game from the cards (i assume they're your team the way you talk, if not then pretend they are when i say your team in this post), trust that steelers fans feel we got screwed by the refs in many ways too and realize that when the chips were down, the refs had nothing to do with the final 3 deciding minutes of that game.

Cardinals aren't my team. I'm just an unbiased bystander. I'm a Titans fan and I'll be the first to tell you when we get lucky with a call. Thefact of the matter is, with or without bad calls, the Cardinals outplayed the Steelers on Super Bowl sunday and deserved to win that game. That's alli'm saying.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

roll.gif
@ a cowgirls fan coming in looking to throw hate on our parade because his lame team is so garbage.
eyes.gif
Never bypass an opportunity, I guess... Your team just won the Super Bowl, and you can't help but mention the Cowboys...
laugh.gif
Lame $$$ dude...

And no, what James Harrison did does not happen on every punt...
and you never miss a chance to come in and defend the legion of school-children you call a fan-base, even when nobody is talking to you.

he did nothing that doesn't happen regularly... he got a flag, deal with it.
Defend them?
eyes.gif
You're brain dead, pal... I go at some of those dudes as much or more than anybody on this forum...

But the way some of yall dudes get bent out of shape every single time a Cowboys fan makes an observation or comment is borderline pathetic... Some of yall are just as bad as the Cowboys fans you talk about not being able to let things go...

you always make claims like this, but as far as i can tell it's completely baseless. yeah, you go at a few of them.. but anytime i get intoan argument with one of them, you always come flying in out of nowhere to back them up no matter what we're talking about. i swear you search out my nameto come at me sometimes, i feel like it's something once a week with you.

And there's a difference in your last statement... people go at cowboys fans because cowboys fans go at everybody. ravens and steelers couldn't bemore heated rivals than they are, yet ravens and steelers fans get along better than either teams fans do with cowboys fans... think that's a coincidence?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by The ONE Clothing

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by Rapido27

Stanley Cup > Lombardi Trophy
TRUTH. The Stanley Cup is the oldest professional sports trophy in North America.

That's your logic though?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
  • The road to the Stanley Cup is longer, tougher, and more grueling
  • Each player gets their name etched in the Stanley Cup permanently
  • Each player gets to spend one day with the Cup during the summer
  • Only one Stanley Cup ever existed. The VL trophy gets reproduced every year
  • The Stanley cup is over 100 years old. (made in 1893)
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Who cares about Hockey tho?

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Originally Posted by The ONE Clothing

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by Rapido27

Stanley Cup > Lombardi Trophy
TRUTH. The Stanley Cup is the oldest professional sports trophy in North America.

That's your logic though?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
  • The road to the Stanley Cup is longer, tougher, and more grueling
  • Each player gets their name etched in the Stanley Cup permanently
  • Each player gets to spend one day with the Cup during the summer
  • Only one Stanley Cup ever existed. The VL trophy gets reproduced every year
  • The Stanley cup is over 100 years old. (made in 1893)
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Who cares about Hockey tho?

exactly, hockey sucks. id rather have a trophy over a cup anyway

I still can't believe this %*$+ ... the refs completely blew the game ...

Cardinals deserved to win that game ... edge and fitz deserved that %*$+ ...

I hope warners offs himself

^
I could sit here and list the 40 problems i have with the officials in this game, too, but i won't bother because the cards still got the lead with 3 minutes left, despite all the "injustices" your crying about - and proceeded to blow it, with no penalties i can think of that cost them anything on that particularly important part of the game.

Wanna go through every single play of the game and find every penalty that could've/should've/shouldn't be called? Then go back through the rest of the season and play what-if's so we can sit here and cry about it together? Officiating sucks - it's sucked against us all season long, but i'm sure you weren't there to go after the refs on those occasions were you? as much as you feel like the refs took the game from the cards (i assume they're your team the way you talk, if not then pretend they are when i say your team in this post), trust that steelers fans feel we got screwed by the refs in many ways too and realize that when the chips were down, the refs had nothing to do with the final 3 deciding minutes of that game.

Cardinals aren't my team. I'm just an unbiased bystander. I'm a Titans fan and I'll be the first to tell you when we get lucky with a call. The fact of the matter is, with or without bad calls, the Cardinals outplayed the Steelers on Super Bowl sunday and deserved to win that game. That's all i'm saying.
mmm-kay. well then i'll take getting out-played everyday of the week if it means we end up with more points at the end of the day still.

it's all about the important moments in the game though - the pick 6 near halftime... the last 3 minutes with their defense.

How about the first quarter where we had the ball for 12 minutes? Were we outplayed there?
laugh.gif
you just sound salty.. and you're reaching. but say what you like, itdoesn't change a thing. i guess it's tough being on top, but we're getting used to it quickly.
pimp.gif

Anyway, the Steelers play dirty as %!%% and it was witnessed once again tonight. They get a bunch of cheap shots and late hits that usually go unnoticed and they are literally trying to injure players on the field. Some of their tackles are legal but you can tell that they are seriously trying to %!%% you up.

what a completely baseless, unfounded statement. lets see, i don't remember them changing a tackling rule for something a steelers player doesreligiously. but we're the dirty ones?
laugh.gif
go to sleep, you'reclueless.

roll.gif
@ a cowgirls fan coming in looking to throw hate on our parade because his lame team is so garbage.
eyes.gif
Never bypass an opportunity, I guess... Your team just won the Super Bowl, and you can't help but mention the Cowboys...
laugh.gif
Lame $$$ dude...

And no, what James Harrison did does not happen on every punt...
and you never miss a chance to come in and defend the legion of school-children you call a fan-base, even when nobody is talking to you.

he did nothing that doesn't happen regularly... he got a flag, deal with it.
Defend them?
eyes.gif
You're brain dead, pal... I go at some of those dudes as much or more than anybody on this forum...

But the way some of yall dudes get bent out of shape every single time a Cowboys fan makes an observation or comment is borderline pathetic... Some of yall are just as bad as the Cowboys fans you talk about not being able to let things go...
but anytime i get into an argument with one of them, you always come flying in out of nowhere to back them up no matter what we're talking about. i swear you search out my name to come at me sometimes, i feel like it's something once a week with you.

I don't come flying out of anywhere to defend anybody... It's just ridiculous that your team just won the Super Bowl, and you can'thelp but find the nearest Cowboys fan and talk about how he's trying to throw salt on anybody's parade... All he said was that what James Harrison didwas dirty... And it was... That doesn't happen on every single punt, as you like to believe...

And I don't search you out... You're just one of the first people to poke your head in a conversation to bash Cowboys fans... And you're not theonly person I call out for it either... It doesn't matter what a Cowboys fan says on this board most of the time. It always turns into "OH, SALTYCOWBOYS FANS HAHAH!", regardless whether they're right, wrong, or otherwise... And you're as bad about it as anybody else on this board...

I mean, really... You went out of your way to talk about the Cowboys tonight... Your team just won the Super Bowl... Enjoy yourself for God's sake... Whyare you worried about what a Cowboys fan says?
people go at cowboys fans because cowboys fans go at everybody.
Who were Cowboys fans going at tonight until you decided to add your two cents?

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

And Harrison should have definitely been ejected.

Even if he was ejected, what difference would it make. If hes gone they'll replace him Timmons or Fox and wont skip a beat.

Back
Top Bottom