Official Suns at Lakers Game 5 Thread, Series Tied (2-2)

It was so live in staples last night. What a great night. Got the tickets on a whim. Just happened to check ebay had an auction end with the tickets going below face. Print. Head to the game and have one of the best nights of my life. Nothing will top game 4 in 2006 that I went to but damn this was pretty damn close. Great win for us. Hope we can close it out saturday!

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Also, that f'n whack #@$ doug collins should get fined and fired for saying "NOOOO" at the lakers winning and then saying it would have been a great win if phoenix pulled it off. Is this guy serious?!?!? Can't wait til he leaves. F him.
I know right?
laugh.gif
I don't agree with being fined or fired but he should at least be admonished by the producers which I'm sure he was. Reminds me of when we lost to Boston College on Matt Ryan's miracle bull @%#!. On the last TD the announcer goes "Oh my goodness NOOO!"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Let me comment on this Lakers "barely" won, last time I checked, a win is a win.  Lakers were up by 17 at some point, they're not the only team in the NBA to let a lead go away.  Suns are capable of shooting lights out, so credit them for making it a ballgame late in the 4th.

When Ron shot that 3 with about less than a minute left, it irritated me, like most of you I'm sure. 

How quickly you can go from the doghouse, into the spotlight.  JRich, when reversal, from hero to zero for not boxing out. 
laugh.gif

In the words of Zodogg, it's, "what have you done for me lately" momentum going into the next game, but of course, Zodogg gives no other team credit, except for his beloved Suns.  

What's really sad, is he actually finds reasons to fault every Lakers win, either the refs, Fisher "flopping" or Kobe stepping out of bounds.
laugh.gif

Oh how it would be so sweet if the Lakers can close it out in Phoenix, right in front of Mr. Zodoggy himself, his eyes would bleed watching the Lakers take the Western Conference right in his own floor. 
pimp.gif

Also, can we please put an emphasize on Kobe's stat line from last night, just wow.
eek.gif

Suns shooting more free throws, because they're playing zone like 75% of the time. Which leads to the Lakers shooting more jumpshots. Pau may be getting hacked, but it doesn't matter when the Lakers aren't going to him in the 4th. Dude has like literally one basket each 4th quarter in this series.

Either way, great game. We know how this story ends. More then likely the Lakers lose game 6. Maybe even a blowout (like with the Rockets last year) and then come back strong in game 7 at home.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

What's the history between Dragic and Vujacic? They're both from Slovenia, but as they announcer put it "they aren't friends." Did he mean they are enemies, or just literally aren't really friends either? Either way, strange given that most international players are really tight with each other at the least in the offseason.

From what I understand, Vujacic was cut in favor of Dragic on the team.

Also, that f'n whack #@$ doug collins should get fined and fired for saying "NOOOO" at the lakers winning and then saying it would have been a great win if phoenix pulled it off. Is this guy serious?!?!? Can't wait til he leaves. F him.
Agreed, I been saying it. Doug Collins is a joke. Dude slurps all the teams that play against the Lakers. Right when the game came on and I heard him talk, I was like ##* again?!

Originally Posted by AG 47

What's the history between Dragic and Vujacic? They're both from Slovenia, but as they announcer put it "they aren't friends." Did he mean they are enemies, or just literally aren't really friends either? Either way, strange given that most international players are really tight with each other at the least in the offseason.

Phil has to counter with Sasha when Dragic comes into the game Saturday. 

Sasha is not many things, but he is annoying and scrappy, and you have to utilize that against the Suns. 

Nash had a HUGE game, I'm willing to bet Phx uses their bench a lot for Game 6. 

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Kobe last 10 games

32/6/7
31/4/3 shot 12/19
30/8/5
35/7/4
32/4/3
40/5/5
21/13/5
36/11/9
38/10/7
30/9/11/4 blocks (Tonight)

Quoted for emphasis.
pimp.gif
He's the best "DJ Khalid voice "

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by AG 47

Phil has to counter with Sasha when Dragic comes into the game Saturday. 

Sasha is not many things, but he is annoying and scrappy, and you have to utilize that against the Suns. 

Nash had a HUGE game, I'm willing to bet Phx uses their bench a lot for Game 6. 

Not sure this will work for us. He will get 3 fouls in 1 minute in Phoenix.

LOLOL all you salty a.s.s. people up in here...mornegative should get banned cause all he came in here is to say kobe is gay, right homie, kobe stepped out of bounds hahaha right, you guys whining about the calls!?!? LOL. And oh yea, Lakers get all the luck, it was so lucky that Ron fought his way to the ball and put up the shot to win the game, such luck haha and all that traveling nash was doing and BS bank shot that JRich put in wasnt. HAHA whatever, I hate the Suns and you guys are about to be as salty as the Thunder and Jazz before you. Have fun going fishin.
Let's be real.  Don't act like you guys dont' always get some lucky +%+ breaks.  Whether it's Vlade miraculously tipping the ball out RIGHT to Robert Horry with JUST enough time for him to get a shot off, or D Fish's .04 or Pau Gasol's lucky rebound putback.  It is what it is.  Thats ONE MAJOR advantage Kobe has had in his career compared to the rest. 

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Let's be real.  Don't act like you guys dont' always get some lucky +%+ breaks.  Whether it's Vlade miraculously tipping the ball out RIGHT to Robert Horry with JUST enough time for him to get a shot off, or D Fish's .04 or Pau Gasol's lucky rebound putback.  It is what it is.  Thats ONE MAJOR advantage Kobe has had in his career compared to the rest. 

Just to be clear on what you said, you are saying Kobe has been lucky to have these things happen, throughout his career?

Is this somehow discrediting his achievements at all?   Just wondering.

Just to be clear on what you said, you are saying Kobe has been lucky to have these things happen, throughout his career?

Not at all.  Let's be real though.  It's certainly helped him get farther than the rest.  

Not at all.  Let's be real though.  It's certainly helped him get farther than the rest.  

It has helped us all (Lakers fans).  
laugh.gif

Gotta put that on the good supporting role players surrounding him though.  Shaq has to thank for these lucky shots as well. 

LOLOL all you salty a.s.s. people up in here...mornegative should get banned cause all he came in here is to say kobe is gay, right homie, kobe stepped out of bounds hahaha right, you guys whining about the calls!?!? LOL. And oh yea, Lakers get all the luck, it was so lucky that Ron fought his way to the ball and put up the shot to win the game, such luck haha and all that traveling nash was doing and BS bank shot that JRich put in wasnt. HAHA whatever, I hate the Suns and you guys are about to be as salty as the Thunder and Jazz before you. Have fun going fishin.

Sac had plenty of chances to win that game but didn't.  Tim duncun falling over with shaq on him before the .04 shot was the ying to dfish's yang and if the thunder would have boxed out whole different story. your theory is ridiculous. You act like the basketball gods favor kobe.

Originally Posted by ourtran

Sac had plenty of chances to win that game but didn't.  Tim duncun falling over with shaq on him before the .04 shot was the ying to dfish's yang and if the thunder would have boxed out whole different story. your theory is ridiculous. You act like the basketball gods favor kobe.
roll.gif
laugh.gif
. that made me laugh.

Come on man. This is ridiculous. People make their own luck. Vlade didnt miraculously tip it out, he did it on purpose to get it out of Shaq's hands and of course somebody is out there, 50-50 chance its a Laker or a Queen. D-Fish's shot followed a shot by Duncan when he didnt even look at the basket...and the Pau put back is good positioning and no boxing out, just like last night, Artest wanted it more. All this "Luck" talk is BS, seriously. But its cool I'm not saying there's no luck but there's immense amounts of hard work and dedication behind it and those are the people who deserve the luck behind it. There are games everyday that plays happen because players try harder and want more and if you want to look at it as luck then so be it.

All I know is this series isn't over yet. Here's one thing no one can argue...

Last nights game was AWESOME.

Sucks the L's pulled it off though. I'm looking forward to saturday. Suns
pimp.gif
Nash
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

im callin dibs on the game 6 thread, i did the game 6 thread of the wcf last year before my old name got banned and good things came from it.

Can't you do it now? i'm down with you making the thread lulz

i think its 24 hours before the game  i believe if im not mistaken,   gametime is at 5 or 5:30 tomorrow night,  ill be home around that time so its being made by me though.  I dedicated game 5 and the rest of the series to zodogg, so i gotta find someone new to dedicate game 6 to
laugh.gif

logo.png

'Say Queensbridge'
laugh.gif

Man what a game, I can not believe we gave up that lead though!

What a finish! Kobe and Nash dueling til the end. Nash is iceeeee coold come crunch time. After J-Rich was celebrating alone like he wont the chip, it was only right he got straight punked by RonRon to lose the game
laugh.gif

This game seemed like it was getting a little chippy, I couldve sworn I saw Channing Frye and Gasol exchange smacks to the face on a rebound at one point in the game. Am I the only one who saw that?

Also on the J-Rich bank 3, Nash is really allowed to box Lamar out, thus clearing room for his teammate? Cot damn I know we shoulda been boxing out on the missed shots but you cant do that *%@+
laugh.gif
. Not to mention Gasol got fouled on that dunk attempt, If Nash gets that weak call for the 3pt play on that layup, then theres no doubt Gasol shouldve got the same weak call.

All that matters is that we got the W
pimp.gif

It could be a GREAT Saturday if the Lakeshow can advance to the Finals, and Rampage Jackson straight murks Evans
pimp.gif

Doug Collins is a certified clown
smh.gif
, doing his best Darth Vader impression.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by anygivensunday

Originally Posted by acidicality

they should feel pretty confident on the road cuz they've shown they can definitely win at Staples.
pimp.gif

How have they shown they can win at Staples?

to a warrior fan's point of view...almost winning and getting blown out in games 1 and 2 is showing that they can win at staples
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

All I'm saying that the Suns should feel confident they can win Game 7 if it comes down to it. It's funny how even that seems to be an anti-Laker statement.
laugh.gif
Wow, you guys are way too sensitive.

Originally Posted by ourtran

EXACTLY...You guys had the LUCK of Tim Duncan's lucky shot NOT being the game winner.  I don't get how you guys are trying to justify D Fish's lucky shot by saying, "well since Duncan hit that shot...we were owed a lucky one too."  That's what i'm talking about though.  You guys had the LUCK that J Rich's LUCKY 3 was NOT the shot to send it to OT. 
Come on man. This is ridiculous. People make their own luck. Vlade didnt miraculously tip it out, he did it on purpose to get it out of Shaq's hands and of course somebody is out there, 50-50 chance its a Laker or a Queen. D-Fish's shot followed a shot by Duncan when he didnt even look at the basket...and the Pau put back is good positioning and no boxing out, just like last night, Artest wanted it more. All this "Luck" talk is BS, seriously. But its cool I'm not saying there's no luck but there's immense amounts of hard work and dedication behind it and those are the people who deserve the luck behind it. There are games everyday that plays happen because players try harder and want more and if you want to look at it as luck then so be it.

I agree with you that J Rich should've boxed out.  That was more hard work on Artest's part but the Gasol putback, the ball practically went right to his side.  That Vlade tip to Horry was straight luck.  Come on now.  The ball tipped so good to him, it was like a perfect bounce pass you get when you practice in the gym where he even got to step in to shoot it.

I agree with you that J Rich should've boxed out.  That was more hard work on Artest's part but the Gasol putback, the ball practically went right to his side.  That Vlade tip to Horry was straight luck.  Come on now.  The ball tipped so good to him, it was like a perfect bounce pass you get when you practice in the gym where he even got to step in to shoot it.

One of the greatest shots in Lakers history.

Robert Horry:  "I was like Oh S*&#, when I saw the ball coming to me"  
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom