Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

I'm with eTrade as of now, once my funds are looking right though I intend on thinkorswim. Plus you can always sign up for TOS paper trading and still useprophet charts and all of their charting.

eTrade charts are terrible.

might be another friday/monday big move down.. we'll have to see.

SPG VNO BXP looking really bearish, SRS is about to make a big move up, maybe starting this week. SHLD might break down from its ascending triangle soon, couldTANK.

any news on GS? no clue why it gapped up so big and rallied today.

I'm in SRS once it hits around $63, was gonna get in now but it still has some to go down today.

goldman does this bs.... look at sept and oct, it tanks, gaps up huge, rallies for a bit, then tanks to new lows.

this rally is bad for the market, it's prolonging the inevitable- a trip to november lows.

We flirted with them yesterday but hey, it's been long overdue since the Fed dropped interest rates.

goldman does this bs.... look at sept and oct, it tanks, gaps up huge, rallies for a bit, then tanks to new lows.

this rally is bad for the market, it's prolonging the inevitable- a trip to november lows.

oil is close to a bottom, probably one more down move and that's it.

However, this has been a great opportunity for me to sell into strength on some bad positions and specs.

picked up USO yesterday... that's what's keeping me afloat today. Might pick up some more SRS like nicefro at 63.

Out of %%*#*%$ posts. What is the damn threshold?

Anyway, SKF would have been a good short today as it was down 24%. Damn.
laugh.gif
Anyway as you can see from my posts I kept delaying my SRS and I guess for good reason, I'll be looking to get in once this rally is over. Gonnalook at some charts now.
glasses.gif

*might pick up some fas tomorrow. did really well today.

Originally Posted by nicefro

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

With the way SRS and FAZ mirror each other... wouldn't it make more sense to just invest in FAZ if you feel SAS will continue to increase.

http://finance.yahoo.com/...cale=off;source=undefined
SRS and FAZ don't mirror each other.

SRS is 2x inverse of the DJUSRealEstate

FAZ is 3x inverse of the DJUSFiNancials

I understand what each is. I was just pointing out that the charts were similar.

Hey DKY, do you know of any books you would recommend to someone looking to start investing. Like a Stocks for Dummies or something.

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

Hey DKY, do you know of any books you would recommend to someone looking to start investing. Like a Stocks for Dummies or something.
He recommended William O'Neil's "How to Make Money in Stocks," earlier in this thread. I just finished reading it over theweekend and there's a good wealth of information in that book. It correlates to the information found on investors.com, so you can read the tutorialsthere as a supplement. I've done both and have a much better understanding of what's going on.

I've always been skeptical on anything with the title of "......make money in......", nice to see it may be worth its title.

Very odd day in the market. People are attesting this bounce to better than expected earnings by US Bank corp. and IBM, yet in both cases revenues/sales weredown drastically compared to expectations. Like most of the other people here, I expected a rebound after Tuesday's losses but the market is definitelyoverreacting to this news. All the news means is that US Bank corp. and IBM are running much more efficiently than previously (but this is expected in economicdownturns).

As another note: Is it just me, or are a lot of investors/economists not realizing how bad of a situation this is? I feel like every other article I read isone filled with optimism as opposed to the severe reality that is our economy.

Edit: Apple shares jumped 10% during after hours after reporting better than expected earnings.

Originally Posted by foodgoeshere

Originally Posted by SnkrFrk

He recommended William O'Neil's "How to Make Money in Stocks," earlier in this thread. I just finished reading it over the weekend and there's a good wealth of information in that book. It correlates to the information found on investors.com, so you can read the tutorials there as a supplement. I've done both and have a much better understanding of what's going on.

thanks
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom