Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

I use Thinkorswim's charting platform for charts.

Put your money in the market, IRAs are just going to lose you money.
Is this for real? You're telling me my Roth IRA is ganna end up losing me money?

Tell me quick so I can close the account and move it.

I use Thinkorswim's charting platform for charts.

Put your money in the market, IRAs are just going to lose you money.

Can't you have a Roth IRA that invests in the market? Sorry, I'm not getting you....

DKY I was investing currencies earlier this year and got knocked for a big loss (for a 22yr old at least) and have been contemplating getting back in andmaking a couple changes to avoid the loss again...what are the resources you use to make your analysis' before you make your moves...I like to stick tocandle charts news with minimal TA and it worked well for me until I got away from it....

Although I do not think trading is the way to go for long term wealth and gains, the information and your insight is very impressive.

Btw, the dollar will be weak for a few years I would imagine.

Carlos Tevez - they're all 0s. don't buy them.

sercretzofwar - tell that to the multimillionaire traders i talk to everyday before market open. they've been at it for decades and still going strong.investing is the risky method... you can't assume that the united states economy is forever growing.

r33p04s - tech analysis is just one part of the puzzle... look into learning about different countries' external debts and deficit spending and how hawkishtheir interest rate policies are.

digitalO22 - i don't think the dollar will become worthless, but i think it will collapse and become devalued strongly within the next 4-5 years.bernanke's quantitative easing to finance the biggest infrastructure spending since eisenhower (by obama) and to pay off our ridiculous external debt willforce a run on the dollar, which has already started in some nations that have huge US treasury supplies in their foreign exchange reserves. emerging marketsare going to domesticize growth now that the american consumer is no longer artificially wealthy and they can't rely on huge trade surpluses anymore--that's going to be terrible for the U.S. dollar. look for the chinese renminbi/yuan to be de-pegged in the next couple years and for the Communist party inChina to lose a lot of credibility, sending their current account surpluses way down and the US dollar with i.

chickfileezy - yes, but an IRA forces you to hold positions for a certain amount of time and has other stupid restrictions, which doesn't work whenlong-term investing no longer is a good option. there was a time when fundamental analysis just meant figuring out which companies in America were the best,now that will do you no good, the warren buffet way is over.

sneakerhead - yeah just get out of it and buy gold.

aapl is breaking down as we speak, same with a lot of ferts like pot mon cf. shld is also breaking down and i'd suggest to go ahead and short tat wheneveru can because ultimately i think sears goes bankrupt but definitely sees 25 and below before the spring.

Welcome back...wondered where the hell you went.

Thoughts on V for the recent future?

credit card companies won't be hurt as hard as the banks that offer the credit (ma, v, and axp make money off of transaction costs, all they do isfacilitate credit-based transactions), but they'll still be hit with bad demand destruction as consumer spending diminishes and banks has no credit tooffer.

stocks prolly will rally starting around march and into the summer and V could be one of the leaders, but on a long term, it's probably going to bottom outunder $30.

pimp.gif
Dey Know Yayo

Excellent info. I am curious about 2 things ..

1. You said that the market probably will not completely bottom out for 1-2 years ?? So when do you see gradual, but steady increases and signs of strengthin the market start to happen ?? 2010 or 2011 ??

2. If the dollar is getting weaker and weaker and the stock market is constantly up and down , plus un-trustworthy , how do you forecast the real estatemarket for the next year or two ?? One thing is for sure .. Property Value is down (both personal and commercial) , and people will always need places to live... Is the real estate market any safer than investing in the stock market ??

Thanks, and why aren't you a private consultant .. People could use the honesty out there now a days ..

credit card companies won't be hurt as hard as the banks that offer the credit (ma, v, and axp make money off of transaction costs, all they do is facilitate credit-based transactions), but they'll still be hit with bad demand destruction as consumer spending diminishes and banks has no credit to offer.

stocks prolly will rally starting around march and into the summer and V could be one of the leaders, but on a long term, it's probably going to bottom out under $30.
AXP does take credit risk...MA and V dont....however alot of the banks that do take the credit risk like C, JPM, and BAC...they are loweringpeoples credit limits, which makes for less available credit, which together with other factors have led to lower share prices for MA and V

You still believe in alternative Energy with Obama, I have CHK, getting hit right now and FSYS.

Originally Posted by CruThik3

You still believe in alternative Energy with Obama, I have CHK, getting hit right now and FSYS.

I was in LNG for a bit. Rode from 2.77-3.43 right before elections. Election day went up to $5.00.
ohwell.gif

i dont think oil is going to go back up soon, it will take a while for CHK to go up, but in the long term they will go back up.

akurati...

1. 2011-2012
2. real estate doesnt bottom for another 1-2 years minimum in my opinion. and that's residential real estate. commercial real estate is jsut about tocollapse, so its bottom is even futher away.

buy gold gold gold

everyone else...

lol don't buy energy stocks, you just missed the great commodity bubble of 2002-2008. stay out of oil stocks. chesapeake is toast. they're nice playsfor countertrend bounces but that's it. oil might be worth $100/bbl +again in the future in a few years but only because of inflation and nominal priceincrease, not real price increase. there was never even close to the perceived demand for oil that people thought-- all the emerging markets are contracting asamerican consumers lose all of their artifically inflated wealth.

akurati...

1. 2011-2012
2. real estate doesnt bottom for another 1-2 years minimum in my opinion. and that's residential real estate. commercial real estate is jsut about to collapse, so its bottom is even futher away.

buy gold gold gold

everyone else...

lol don't buy energy stocks, you just missed the great commodity bubble of 2002-2008. stay out of oil stocks. chesapeake is toast. they're nice plays for countertrend bounces but that's it. oil might be worth $100/bbl +again in the future in a few years but only because of inflation and nominal price increase, not real price increase. there was never even close to the perceived demand for oil that people thought-- all the emerging markets are contracting as american consumers lose all of their artifically inflated wealth.
Good looks on the info
pimp.gif
(that means I have plenty of timeleft to save up more doe)

Why the strong recommendation to buy gold ??? Has it not topped off yet ??? It was @ approx. $838.00 as of this afternoon .. What is your expected TOP pricevalue on it ? And in what period of time ?? Buy now ??

thanks.

gold will be >$2k next year, i have no idea where it tops, it's going to go up up up as the us dollar collapses. anything under $1000 is a bargain in myopinion.

for the first time since nixon, keeping your money in cash is a bad position that will make you lose wealth. keep your "cash" in gold.

Back
Top Bottom