OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I've been following this thread for a while. There's some very good info on here.

I'd like to know where to research some of these
eek.gif
picks. Can anyone at least point me in the right direction?

Also, would an initial investment of about $5k be sufficient to buy/sell stocks?

^i think 5k is fine to trade but you cannot daytrade (need 25k) which I think makes these picks so successful. Without being able to firsthand get in and outquickly, I don't know if some of these picks would work as well as they do.

Originally Posted by iEternalv

Originally Posted by andycrazn

who was the one that originally found HTDS and GFG?
i think chico called GFG.

you can thank me for CBIS (this is porbably done for now) and CTIC ([diddy] can't stop won't stop [/diddy])
grin.gif

ctic went up from news/hype in the europe market...but it's still hype until something gets approved. i sold my shares @ 1.67, will buy back on a dip tomorrow (hopefully), up ~$50k on this baby.
this stock WILL BE $3+ i have said this from day 1.
pimp.gif
eek.gif
you day trade? holy crap. i need to start building up mycapital.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^i think 5k is fine to trade but you cannot daytrade (need 25k) which I think makes these picks so successful. Without being able to firsthand get in and out quickly, I don't know if some of these picks would work as well as they do.

Hmm... I was aware that one needs at least 25k to daytrade. However, I'm contemplating opening an account through a brokerage firm, i.e. Scottrade. You dobring up an interesting point though.

What do you guys think: would (some of) these picks be as successful through a firm or would one HAVE TO be able to buy & sell quickly? I know that many ofthese penny stocks are quite volatile.

Originally Posted by LittlePeteWrigley

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^i think 5k is fine to trade but you cannot daytrade (need 25k) which I think makes these picks so successful. Without being able to firsthand get in and out quickly, I don't know if some of these picks would work as well as they do.

Hmm... I was aware that one needs at least 25k to daytrade. However, I'm contemplating opening an account through a brokerage firm, i.e. Scottrade. You do bring up an interesting point though.

What do you guys think: would (some of) these picks be as successful through a firm or would one HAVE TO be able to buy & sell quickly? I know that many of these penny stocks are quite volatile.

Reread my post. I said you need 25k to daytrade. I think one can still be successful without daytrading but it takes a lot of work to find longer term playsand more fundamental analyses (I think).

who was the one that originally found HTDS and GFG?
i think chico called GFG.

you can thank me for CBIS (this is porbably done for now) and CTIC ([diddy] can't stop won't stop [/diddy])
grin.gif

ctic went up from news/hype in the europe market...but it's still hype until something gets approved. i sold my shares @ 1.67, will buy back on a dip tomorrow (hopefully), up ~$50k on this baby.
this stock WILL BE $3+ i have said this from day 1.
pimp.gif
eek.gif
you day trade? holy crap. i need to start building up my capital.
my ctic moves have been mostly holding, buying up on dips and selling high.

GFG...too bad im not in it.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

telk

time to get in?

-J23C
is that even a handle?

man i hope ford doesnt fail hard on this.

Ford to Ramp Up 2009 Production to Meet 'Clunkers' Demand (F)

4 minutes ago - Comtex Smartrend(r)

8/13/2009 - Ford (NYSE:F) will increase production by an additional 10,000 units in the third quarter to meet demand spurred by the "cash for clunkers" program. That increase will bring total production to 495,000 units. The company and UAW suppliers are ramping up production of the Ford Escape at its Kansas City, MO facility and the Ford Focus at its Wayne, MI facility. Ford is planning to produce 570,000 vehicles in the fourth quarter, 33% more than the year prior.

hey chico what do you think about TRU? a part of me is thinking theres a little more room to get in and profit.

hey chico what do you think about TRU? a part of me is thinking theres a little more room to get in and profit.

It's having a hard time breaking $7.62. RSI is too high. All other indicators are bullish. Hanging man candle on daily. Tomorrow will confirm. If doubletop, it is going down. Wait till it finds support before getting in.

All IMO

I've been following this thread for a while. There's some very good info on here.

eek.gif

Also, would an initial investment of about $5k be sufficient to buy/sell stocks?

smh.gif
There's NO good info here. Most of the people in this thread trade penny stocks. They're doubling up on a few thousand. I can't be mad at aprofitable trade but some of these trades are lay ups.

The easiest way to trade these are to wait for them to break out. Run a stock screener looking for stocks less than $5 dollars a share, heavy volume and thelargest percentage increase. Then do some technical analysis to figure out which ones are headed for multiple day moves and you are set. Ride the wave up untilit consolidates or reverses. Once you see signs of that happening, hit up your brokerage and find out if there are shares to short (sometimes there are) andlook into shorting them. Trading penny stocks is simple and boring.

$5,000 doesn't let you day trade. Look into currency trading, there's no minimum to day trade there.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

eek.gif

smh.gif
There's NO good info here. Most of the people in this thread trade penny stocks. They're doubling up on a few thousand. I can't be mad at a profitable trade but some of these trades are lay ups.

The easiest way to trade these are to wait for them to break out. Run a stock screener looking for stocks less than $5 dollars a share, heavy volume and the largest percentage increase. Then do some technical analysis to figure out which ones are headed for multiple day moves and you are set. Ride the wave up until it consolidates or reverses. Once you see signs of that happening, hit up your brokerage and find out if there are shares to short (sometimes there are) and look into shorting them. Trading penny stocks is simple and boring.

$5,000 doesn't let you day trade. Look into currency trading, there's no minimum to day trade there.
whats a good site for that?

i think the reason alot of us trade pennys is because we lack capital for the blue chips and what not.

funny, if you put $25k into GS at $52 a share (back when everything hit the fan), you would've made $52k by now. damn me.
smh.gif

just woke up...feeling a little under the weather.

chico, what's good with GFG, should i get in on the spike or will this go lower?

i swear if i see BRK-A go to the 90k/share range, im going to sell my portfolio and buy one share.
laugh.gif

tosngn.jpg

Looks like there will be weakness short term. After testing the channel 3 times, it finally broke out. I'm looking to short more if it falls below that99.65-99.70 level.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

eek.gif

smh.gif
There's NO good info here. Most of the people in this thread trade penny stocks. They're doubling up on a few thousand. I can't be mad at a profitable trade but some of these trades are lay ups.

The easiest way to trade these are to wait for them to break out. Run a stock screener looking for stocks less than $5 dollars a share, heavy volume and the largest percentage increase. Then do some technical analysis to figure out which ones are headed for multiple day moves and you are set. Ride the wave up until it consolidates or reverses. Once you see signs of that happening, hit up your brokerage and find out if there are shares to short (sometimes there are) and look into shorting them. Trading penny stocks is simple and boring.

i think the reason alot of us trade pennys is because we lack capital for the blue chips and what not.

exactly...we have to start somewhere. I am trying to get enough capital to day trade, im still far off but have been making great gains (to most) by tradingpenny stocks. If you are making money, why knock it?
happy.gif

-J23C

just woke up...feeling a little under the weather.

chico, what's good with GFG, should i get in on the spike or will this go lower?

i swear if i see BRK-A go to the 90k/share range, im going to sell my portfolio and buy one share.
laugh.gif

Daily is still bullish, but 60 min is coming down. Looks like it found support near .50. I'd like to get back in near .37, which might be next support. Iwouldn't hold over the weekend.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

andycrazn wrote:

kicksfiend wrote:

LittlePeteWrigley wrote:

eek.gif

smh.gif

exactly...we have to start somewhere. I am trying to get enough capital to day trade, im still far off but have been making great gains (to most) by trading penny stocks. If you are making money, why knock it?
happy.gif

-J23C

Not knocking it at all. It's just boring to me to trade strictly penny stocks. If you're just trying to grind and make your 25 to start day trading,you may be better off trading currencies.

Check out this link if you're new to currency trading:
http://www.babypips.com/school/

Back
Top Bottom