OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

im a fan of peter schiff on facebook and dude posted up a funny pic

5600_110667317947_20452027947_2181957_4839414_n.jpg

Originally Posted by andycrazn

im a fan of peter schiff on facebook and dude posted up a funny pic

5600_110667317947_20452027947_2181957_4839414_n.jpg

roll.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]

Anyway that 60+% jump AIG had earlier this week shocked the hell out of me.. Bought in at 18 and sold at 27 (investopedia[/color]
mad.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)])[/color]

Originally Posted by nicefro

FULT anyone?

It is way overbought. Seems like it hit resistance near 8. I'd wait for a pullback before getting in. Weekly looks real nice though.

All IMO...

Getting ready to take the plunge in stocks. I've been playing investopedia trade simulator for a year now.

Nt stock players, I have a few questions.

1. Whats a good stock broker? I'm being recommended www.tradeking.com for their flat 5$ trade fees. I also hear zecco is good. I'll playingPUTS/options not really any shorts, i think...
2. I'm planning to invest 5k into the account, this is enough right?
3. I'm looking at GOOG and MSFT for my long term stocks. This thread seems to prefer gold stocks so I used my investopedia simulator when Dey know yayosaid gold was the stock to have. The predictions seem to be true GOLD and GG are up and I've been holding them since fall 2008. I need more info on goldstocks though, I dont want to be a sheep.

Need more info on penny stocks. I've been using google finance for all my research and articles, is there any other place to gather data/charts?

The best play I made with the trade simulator was COTT at 2.93 in summer 2008 now 6.13. Never really heard about Cott until a news article.

My first play will be GOOG and MSFT for my long term, maybe some gold stocks too, then research penny stocks and companies like COTT and this thread for anyadvice.

Hopefully this strategy works...

When you decide to sell stocks and transfer your winnings to your bank account, what's the tax looking like? I'm not really familiar with the taxes instock market.

thanks, can wait to get into the game.

Was going through my bookmarks and came upon this.
It's the 37-38 DJIA against the 08-09 Nasdaq

Obv saved it back in late Feb but the movement has been virtually identical up through the present day.

1937DowJones.jpg

i'm thinking prices are going to take another dip. i'd still be wary going long on certain stocks, but i need to buy in soon.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Was going through my bookmarks and came upon this.
It's the 37-38 DJIA against the 08-09 Nasdaq

Obv saved it back in late Feb but the movement has been virtually identical up through the present day.

1937DowJones.jpg
this was the kind of cheat sheet i needed to find out how long the rally would last

I had been eyeing FNM and FRE past few trading days. The one day I don't trade, I miss the run on both.

On to the next pick I guess...

I was talking to a friend the other day and he hipped me to a fellow named Reinhardt. Apparently this guy was predicting the major market crashes we had lastyear... to the day, on the google finance message boards. I don't really buy into his conspiracy theory but nevertheless he did make spot on predictions tothe day of when the market was gonna crash, a few times, I saw the posts myself. I'm not gonna get into the whole thing here but was wondering if anyonehere ever heard about it. You can google reinhardt and stock predictions and you could probablly read for weeks on end about what all went down. Itsfascinating stuff. Anyone familiar?

Back
Top Bottom