OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by bijald0331

take the L for that particular trade. i think once that happens, reanalyze the stock. if it jumps back tremendously and you don't get it, well then you missed something. A good way to not lose all of your position is to set gradual stops. Like with 300 shares, one at (for a 1.00 stock) .98, one at .96, and one at .94. Same thing with limits. I will do this for sure b/c I will not be truly confident in my picks when I first start.
that was what I was trying to get at, how do you set multiple "gradual stops"? I know there's stop limits, where you enter a range though.
ok it looks like you want to prevent a v formation from happening so set stop limits . you set the stop at lets say 5 bucks then the limit at 4.it will only execute in between the stop price and limit price so if it dips into the range and goes out of it, it wont go through

lol, hindsight is a BIAAAA...

so close to paying my parents off for my college tuition and the down-payment to my condo...after that it's all me baby!

so i hear CTIC passed phase 3 of their cancer drug and then will start selling once FDA gives them the go ahead

CTIC followers - is it go time?

Originally Posted by teddy jam

so i hear CTIC passed phase 3 of their cancer drug and then will start selling once FDA gives them the go ahead

CTIC followers - is it go time?

i think CTIC is a great play now. it's been hovering the 1.30-1.50 range for the last couple weeks and it is just waiting on the FDA to boom. this shouldhappen in Aug.
i've been playing ctic since my friend told me about it in april and i have done nothing but profit.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by andycrazn

i see your aapl and raise you amzn

Amazon is a major Pig, I made good money shorting it. Actually the whole Nasdaq is a pig. Where do you guys see the market going in the near future?

Ive been doing a lot of research on Brazil and its markets. Any real advice on this?? Any ETFs? Since IVe been watching the picks I made they are up like 30%since April but I dont know if thats because we have bottomed out before that and there is nowhere to go but up from that point or what.

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

Originally Posted by andycrazn

i see your aapl and raise you amzn

Amazon is a major Pig, I made good money shorting it. Actually the whole Nasdaq is a pig. Where do you guys see the market going in the near future?

im still extremely pessimistic about the economy. i have no idea why we broke 9k before we dipped under 8k. hey, but it's making people money, incl me, soim happy.
i am tentative about playing stocks long because of this. who knows though, i could be completely wrong and miss out on a lot of money.

Originally Posted by GrandaddyPurp415

Ive been doing a lot of research on Brazil and its markets. Any real advice on this?? Any ETFs? Since IVe been watching the picks I made they are up like 30% since April but I dont know if thats because we have bottomed out before that and there is nowhere to go but up from that point or what.
part of my 401k is a latin american exchange, don't ask me why, but the returns have been nice.

Originally Posted by iEternalv

Ive been doing a lot of research on Brazil and its markets. Any real advice on this?? Any ETFs? Since IVe been watching the picks I made they are up like 30% since April but I dont know if thats because we have bottomed out before that and there is nowhere to go but up from that point or what.
part of my 401k is a latin american exchange, don't ask me why, but the returns have been nice.

the way I see it is look at Brazil. They have a huge area of natural resources. The people are relativly happy. the girls are fly. they dont really have anyenemies that Im aware of therefore they dont spend a lot on war. I feel like their economy is gonna take of. Everywhere I go in Cali it seems there is alotof Brazil imnports in the stores like Guyaki Yerba Mate and Acai drinks. Can I get a PM with a lil more research if any of you ananlysts wanna look at this alil more on the side for me. Ill tell you maybe pleseantly suprised by what you find aboiut this country and the markets

Originally Posted by iEternalv

the way I see it is look at Brazil. They have a huge area of natural resources. The people are relativly happy. the girls are fly. they dont really have any enemies that Im aware of therefore they dont spend a lot on war. I feel like their economy is gonna take of. Everywhere I go in Cali it seems there is alot of Brazil imnports in the stores like Guyaki Yerba Mate and Acai drinks. Can I get a PM with a lil more research if any of you ananlysts wanna look at this a lil more on the side for me. Ill tell you maybe pleseantly suprised by what you find aboiut this country and the markets

co-sign on the women...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

they have a huge ghetto and gang wars, that's the only problem i see, but the rest of what you listed is on point.

china and brazil are gonna be huge in a few years imo. i cant type my reasons for it because im typing with one hand and its a real pain, literally

Don't like CTIC very much. It always seems to take a dump when there is good news out. I'll get in later on no doubt.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Don't like CTIC very much. It always seems to take a dump when there is good news out. I'll get in later on no doubt.

the news about passing of OPAX is old news, they are just waiting on the FDA.
the reason they dropped so much is because they diluted the market with more shares.
it's just a waiting game now, buying bulk when there are valleys, selling profits @ peaks, rinse and repeat.
wasnt expecting the dilution to hurt that much, but im still up a couple Gs. but i have a feeling we will be up after-hours.

Yeah I'm aware that they're diluting shares at the price of 1.30 per share. I have an entry price in mind and until it gets there, I won't begetting in.

There are much better plays out there in the mean time.

im back in if it gets down to .30

MA might be good for their earnings next week. they've had a real good past 2 weeks

Nice.

Now excuse my ignorance for a moment:

I've noticed a lot of you guys penny plays are pharm companies.
This trend is no coincidence so what is the logic behind your choices? Do cheap pharm companies tend to have larger volatility/swings?

Just curious......

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Nice.

Now excuse my ignorance for a moment:

I've noticed a lot of you guys penny plays are pharm companies.
This trend is no coincidence so what is the logic behind your choices? Do cheap pharm companies tend to have larger volatility/swings?

Just curious......
all my pharm plays are insight from a friend, who is a pharmacist, that has made a grip in the pharm stock game. he told me about GBOE the otherday and it's up 45% today.
CBIS is just something i heard about and looked into.

I have noticed a lot of swings with most every small pharm stock. these companies are usually companies with one two drugs out. most of these swings are onnews of FDA approval of drugs or being bought out or something of the sort.

The thing with penny stocks it that they are hit or miss and the way they move might give some people heart attacks. for me, i feel like im on a rollercoaster...and im enjoying the ride.

Back
Top Bottom