OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Lilchico, this goes back a few pages. But how do you set your stops "tight" to minimize losses?

i think he means that he decides on a stock and takes a position (long or short) at a certain timeframe and minimizes his losses by getting out of thatposition quickly if the stock doesn't go the way he figured. like shorting Stock A at 1.00 and setting a stop at 1.04, so you are out of it automaticallyif it hits that level. i think that is what he is saying.

eek.gif
@ CBIS again today...

i thought for sure i would be able to get in around .13-.15, looks like that wont be happening anytime soon

-J23C

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

eek.gif
@ CBIS again today...

i thought for sure i would be able to get in around .13-.15, looks like that wont be happening anytime soon

-J23C
i dont think we will see those levels unless some more bad news comes from the company.
the main reason they tanked was cause their CEO was doing some shady stuff w/o board consent. he was fired soon thereafter.
i was in @ .13 yesterday and out @ .32 today. im hoping to see it @ .25 (probably tomorrow), if it gets there i will put more money in it this time.

^

same thing i was thinking... i will wait till tomorrow to see what happens. If it gets down to .20 then i think i will get in

-J23C

Good entry for CBIS would be near .168

60 min looks to be turning, but the Daily RSI crossed 50 which is bullish. I'm still not convinced since MACD is below 0.

all IMO...

eek.gif
@ CBIS again today...

-J23C

I was in CBIS at .07 and got out at 0.75 last week big SMH at myself
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

^^^ do you think tomorrow is a good day to get into CTIC. i have been eyeing this stock for well over a month, and still hasn't pushed the button on it.
i was hoping to get it under $1.40, but i dont know about that.
anyways, if i put in a "market order" tonight in my etrade account, will it get executed tomorrow?

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

^^^ do you think tomorrow is a good day to get into CTIC. i have been eyeing this stock for well over a month, and still hasn't pushed the button on it.
anyways, if i put in a "market order" tonight in my etrade account, will it get executed tomorrow?
yea it will

i have a code for 3 free trades with scottrade, if anyone is about to make an account to start trading. you just have to have a minimum of $500 to deposit intoyour account.

Originally Posted by imaballerballer

i have a code for 3 free trades with scottrade, if anyone is about to make an account to start trading. you just have to have a minimum of $500 to deposit into your account.

so does everyone else that has a scottrade account....

yea it will like Andy said..

i think i got into CTIC a little premature today, i knew i should have gotten in tomorrow but oh well, i will more than likely get a couple hundred more stocksof it tomorrow when its down..

-J23C

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Lilchico, this goes back a few pages. But how do you set your stops "tight" to minimize losses?

i think he means that he decides on a stock and takes a position (long or short) at a certain timeframe and minimizes his losses by getting out of that position quickly if the stock doesn't go the way he figured. like shorting Stock A at 1.00 and setting a stop at 1.04, so you are out of it automatically if it hits that level. i think that is what he is saying.

Pretty much nailed it. I buy in near levels of support. Basically look at the 1 minute and level 2 for entry. I'll then set stops few cents below supportand if it doesn't go the way I figured, stops would kick in automatically. Great way to minimize your losses if you're day trading.

Now with a swing trade or a long position, I wouldn't set those stops. If I analyze a chart and see that it's on an uptrend, I'd ride the dips.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

i think he means that he decides on a stock and takes a position (long or short) at a certain timeframe and minimizes his losses by getting out of that position quickly if the stock doesn't go the way he figured. like shorting Stock A at 1.00 and setting a stop at 1.04, so you are out of it automatically if it hits that level. i think that is what he is saying.

Pretty much nailed it. I buy in near levels of support. Basically look at the 1 minute and level 2 for entry. I'll then set stops few cents below support and if it doesn't go the way I figured, stops would kick in automatically. Great way to minimize your losses if you're day trading.

Now with a swing trade or a long position, I wouldn't set those stops. If I analyze a chart and see that it's on an uptrend, I'd ride the dips.

So what if say Stock X just dips all of a sudden, and jumps back up tremendously. And your stop was set to sell? Do you just take the slight L, or is theresome smart way around it?

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Pretty much nailed it. I buy in near levels of support. Basically look at the 1 minute and level 2 for entry. I'll then set stops few cents below support and if it doesn't go the way I figured, stops would kick in automatically. Great way to minimize your losses if you're day trading.

So what if say Stock X just dips all of a sudden, and jumps back up tremendously. And your stop was set to sell? Do you just take the slight L, or is there some smart way around it?
the order starts when it reaches the amount. then it has to execute for it to go through. if stock xyz was at 5 and you set the stop at 4.50.stock xyz then plunges down to 3 you might not have it executed at 4.5 but somewhere between 3-4.5

take the L for that particular trade. i think once that happens, reanalyze the stock. if it jumps back tremendously and you don't get it, well then youmissed something. A good way to not lose all of your position is to set gradual stops. Like with 300 shares, one at (for a 1.00 stock) .98, one at .96, and oneat .94. Same thing with limits. I will do this for sure b/c I will not be truly confident in my picks when I first start.

Originally Posted by imaballerballer

i have a code for 3 free trades with scottrade, if anyone is about to make an account to start trading. you just have to have a minimum of $500 to deposit into your account.

so does everyone else that has a scottrade account....

well ++#$ it would've been nice to know that when I first made my account. $21 i could've saved

take the L for that particular trade. i think once that happens, reanalyze the stock. if it jumps back tremendously and you don't get it, well then you missed something. A good way to not lose all of your position is to set gradual stops. Like with 300 shares, one at (for a 1.00 stock) .98, one at .96, and one at .94. Same thing with limits. I will do this for sure b/c I will not be truly confident in my picks when I first start.
that was what I was trying to get at, how do you set multiple "gradual stops"? I know there's stop limits, where you enter a rangethough.

CBIS
eek.gif
i guess i should've gotten back in.

Today is a good day to get back into/buy more of CTIC, hold it for a month and by mid Aug we will be @ $3 if not more. patience on this is key.

i hope no one has HEB still..
smh.gif
sick.gif

yea it will like Andy said..

i think i got into CTIC a little premature today, i knew i should have gotten in tomorrow but oh well, i will more than likely get a couple hundred more stocks of it tomorrow when its down..

-J23C

frown.gif
CTIC adding more common stock hurt the price, but hold it and you willbe fine.

Back
Top Bottom