OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

CIT
50K Shares
In @ .39
Out @ .55
$8K baby!
I'm not trying to jinx you or anything but, do you ever lose?
laugh.gif

Yeah, many times. Not as much though. I have pretty tight stops set. Most I've lost on a trade is probably $3K, but that's because I didn't knowhow to set stops.

CIT
50K Shares
In @ .39
Out @ .55
$8K baby!
laugh.gif

Yeah, many times. Not as much though. I have pretty tight stops set. Most I've lost on a trade is probably $3K, but that's because I didn't know how to set stops.
Can you set up stops to go both ways? like if stock A is $6, and it drops to $5 sell, goes up to $7 sell, whichever happens first.

CIT
50K Shares
In @ .39
Out @ .55
$8K baby!
laugh.gif

Yeah, many times. Not as much though. I have pretty tight stops set. Most I've lost on a trade is probably $3K, but that's because I didn't know how to set stops.
Can you set up stops to go both ways? like if stock A is $6, and it drops to $5 sell, goes up to $7 sell, whichever happens first.

I've not executed all the different types of orders, so I'm not exactly sure. Here is a site that'll show you the different types of orders.

https://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/displayPage.tos?webpage=servicesOrderTypes

anybody have any tips/ideas on what this weeks big movers can be?

i have an etrade account, and just had a question.
i know you need 25k to be able to day trade, but does anybody have any idea of how much you need to be able to short positions, and also how much you needtrade in global markets.

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

anybody have any tips/ideas on what this weeks big movers can be?

i have an etrade account, and just had a question.
i know you need 25k to be able to day trade, but does anybody have any idea of how much you need to be able to short positions, and also how much you need trade in global markets.

I'm scanning through some plays for the upcoming week. I'll post later on...

Also, you need a margin account to short a position. For that you need $2K minimum I believe.

For those looking to get more in depth with t/a, here is a cool little game you can play:

http://www.chartgame.com/

It's helped me out a bit. You start off with $10K and you are given a stock without being told which company it is. You get rated on how much profit youmake over the days invested. At the end of the term, it tells you which company it was. You can also see your overall results of all the companies you investedin. It's pretty neat. Let me know how some of you all like it.

I turned that $10K into $475K...I wish it were real
laugh.gif

Hmm... so I was reading and CIT took a big hit Wednesday but before it close Friday it went up a nice amount. What is the history with this?

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Hmm... so I was reading and CIT took a big hit Wednesday but before it close Friday it went up a nice amount. What is the history with this?

They're on the verge of bankruptcy. It'll probably be announced tomorrow whether they got the financing or not.

For those looking to get more in depth with t/a, here is a cool little game you can play:

http://www.chartgame.com/

It's helped me out a bit. You start off with $10K and you are given a stock without being told which company it is. You get rated on how much profit you make over the days invested. At the end of the term, it tells you which company it was. You can also see your overall results of all the companies you invested in. It's pretty neat. Let me know how some of you all like it.

I turned that $10K into $475K...I wish it were real
laugh.gif

thanks for the game, i didnt really like it though. It seems like all the stock plays i had would be on a downward spiral making me loose money. IE a stockstarting at $20/share, then never touching that level ever again, then ending at $5/share
laugh.gif
frown.gif

oh well

-J23C

^ You are trading the stock right? You don't have to buy at the beginning and hold the entire way. Wait till you get confirmation to get in.

^ You are trading the stock right? You don't have to buy at the beginning and hold the entire way. Wait till you get confirmation to get in.

i was just kinda buying and selling just to do it..not really putting any thought into what i was doing, just seeing how the game works
happy.gif

i will definitely look more into this game when i have a little down time, thanks again Chico for posting that

-J23C

Alrite now, CIT should be the play for today. Seems like they got the financing and avoided bankruptcy.

Also watch MVIS: RSI and MACD as leading indicators of ascending triangle breakout.

2va1hsi.png

Alrite now, CIT should be the play for today. Seems like they got the financing and avoided bankruptcy.

Also watch MVIS: RSI and MACD as leading indicators of ascending triangle breakout.
would you recommend getting in it now? it sits around 1.30/share. Also, isnt it just speculation that they will get the bailout? its not 100%concrete yet?

-J23C

smh.gif
x 100 for me getting out of CIT and not getting back in...

1st rule of investing is re-invest your profits...
smh.gif

iEternalv wrote:
smh.gif
x 100 for me getting out of CIT and not getting back in...

1st rule of investing is re-invest your profits...
smh.gif

so you DID get out?! man, i was about to send you a message congratulating you on today also
frown.gif

-J23C

Yall are too much for me. I just sit back and watch my nice gains. No moves necessary. I kind of like having other people do the work for me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Yall are too much for me. I just sit back and watch my nice gains. No moves necessary. I kind of like having other people do the work for me.
laugh.gif
That's also how you lose it quick.

Back
Top Bottom