OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by andycrazn

DLM is going at the rate i want it to go. il probably hold it long term.

The leveraged ETF's is fun to play with once again. to the guy that kept averaging down on FAZ good job.

What are you in at on DLM?

I played FAZ this morning in @ 5.02 and out @ 5.34
If it continues to stay up like this, I'll be playing FAS/FAZ everyday.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Originally Posted by NikeFlightposite

LilChico, it's funny how you and me started at the same time a couple months ago, but now you've made much more progress than I. Good job
pimp.gif

Thanks man. I've been putting in a lot of work into finding these plays. I'm going to take it slow now that I'm up and just play with my profits.
mind giving a few hints? I'm in some financial trouble and I pretty much have all day to research and figure this out. Yeah I lost my job,hence why I have all day.

DLM is going at the rate i want it to go. il probably hold it long term.

The leveraged ETF's is fun to play with once again. to the guy that kept averaging down on FAZ good job.

What are you in at on DLM?

I played FAZ this morning in @ 5.02 and out @ 5.34
If it continues to stay up like this, I'll be playing FAS/FAZ everyday.
i was going to go in on fri/monday but scottrade was/is weird to use. theres no forgot password? thing or anything. so i had trouble logging inand i just got in yesturday at 8.8

LilChico, it's funny how you and me started at the same time a couple months ago, but now you've made much more progress than I. Good job
pimp.gif

Thanks man. I've been putting in a lot of work into finding these plays. I'm going to take it slow now that I'm up and just play with my profits.
mind giving a few hints? I'm in some financial trouble and I pretty much have all day to research and figure this out. Yeah I lost my job, hence why I have all day.

I learned most of my t/a through stockcharts.com. I still go over it every few days when I'm not sure about something. I can't be giving out all of mypicks because I'm not sure what anyones risk tolerance is. I can risk $2K for and upside of $5K. Most people can't. I'll throw out good playswhenever I possibly can, but do your DD on them and go from there.

buy to short! lol i think bac and ge will be good shorts. thats my opinion though. shorting is very risky so yea....

maybe cop a faz or srs while your at it. the market is weakening. they might have a strong bounce this week. all the smoke and mirrors is clearing and itsgoing to drop sooner or later.

Originally Posted by deeice30

bought siri today
i checked the cash flows chart to get a better understanding of it because in accounting all of it is given and wow its really in the red during08. i knew they had alot of liabilities but damn! if you can make a short gain on it im all for it.

Originally Posted by acts65

I believe ETFC is a buy...
I recommend staying away from ETFC. I think it is going under a buck

Yeah, now that I saw the news on it today, I would stay clear of ETFC. They'll be diluting soon.

is anyone here buying physical gold and gold stocks? i never hear anyone talk about it but me.

is anyone here buying physical gold and gold stocks? i never hear anyone talk about it but me.

I am...I mention it here and there but no one replies
laugh.gif

I've got two gold coins equal to 1.5 oz. I have stock in GLD, GDX (mining stocks), and JAG (mining co.), and Bank of America, but thats not gold. Whatabout you?

i got around 12oz of gold and 40 oz of silver.

4 1 oz gold suisse bars and the rest in krugerrands.

then i got 2 1/10 oz coins 1 american eagle and 1 krugerrand that came with a bezel so i can wear it as a piece. something smaller than a freaking dime costs100+ its crazy

as i was building up a nice gold collection i realized i made a big mistake in putting TOO much into gold. with that much money i couldve used it to go forshort gains on the market and get more gold with it.

^ That's a hefty amount. You sound like me though, putting all my bets on inflation for the most part. I'm definitely not diversified, but I don'thave enough money to diversify enough to the point where I'd be comfortable with volatility. So I'm hoping like crazy that in the next few years,people are correct with the fact that once lending starts picking up again in the next few years, so to will its correlation with inflation, which for us = $$$

Who knows though?

as i was building up a nice gold collection i realized i made a big mistake in putting TOO much into gold. with that much money i couldve used it to go for short gains on the market and get more gold with it.

This reason right here is why I have yet to buy gold. Making short gains in the market is (imo) easier than just sitting on gold...although I will eventuallybuy a couple of gold coins to maintain my wealth, I would not buy gold if you are looking to make money...a lot of people got their perceptions mixed on gold.

-J23C

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

as i was building up a nice gold collection i realized i made a big mistake in putting TOO much into gold. with that much money i couldve used it to go for short gains on the market and get more gold with it.

This reason right here is why I have yet to buy gold. Making short gains in the market is (imo) easier than just sitting on gold...although I will eventually buy a couple of gold coins to maintain my wealth, I would not buy gold if you are looking to make money...a lot of people got their perceptions mixed on gold.

-J23C
yea gold is used as a store of value. if you know the market well enough you can make short gains on it but the premiums and fees would probablyhurt the profit margin on it. well i know where my mistake is and im still copping precious metals lol. but its all good though. i rode my bike 2-3 miles justto go to the nearest coin store by me. dudes be charging 11-12 percent premiums on spot price and will buy it at 97 percent of its gold value. the selling rateis not crazy but the premium on it is insane. luckily i cop krugerrands at a discount which is weird cause im getting it cheaper than spot price.

hey guys, this thread is pretty cool and very interesting. anyways, i am half-free this summer and feel like dedicating myself to trying to learn as much aboutthe stock market as I can. I consider myself pretty smart (I go to a top-10 school), and I was wondering if you guys could tell me which books and websites togo to that are intensive on stock market education. Yes, I will check out stockcharts.com as much as possible. However, which books should I read? I want toread at least 3 in the next month. I have heard Benjamin Graham's The Intelligent Investor is a good start. Should I read this? Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

hey guys, this thread is pretty cool and very interesting. anyways, i am half-free this summer and feel like dedicating myself to trying to learn as much about the stock market as I can. I consider myself pretty smart (I go to a top-10 school), and I was wondering if you guys could tell me which books and websites to go to that are intensive on stock market education. Yes, I will check out stockcharts.com as much as possible. However, which books should I read? I want to read at least 3 in the next month. I have heard Benjamin Graham's The Intelligent Investor is a good start. Should I read this? Thanks for the help.
SAME THING... any help?

Do you guys play much with penny stocks? If so, are they hard to quick sell when you feel like you've made enough profit?
I use Scottrade and am pretty new to the stock market game, btw.

Originally Posted by MrBen23

Do you guys play much with penny stocks? If so, are they hard to quick sell when you feel like you've made enough profit?
nice avy btw even though i never saw hellsing.

it all depends on the demand of the stock. if you see the volume is around 100k thats kinda low and it might take a while to execute the sale.

Originally Posted by MrBen23

Keep checking in, because there are a few people who do that on here. I don't, because the transaction costs are through the roof with me, so it's notworth it to buy and sell repeatedly.

Back
Top Bottom