OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Petmed express (PETS) seems also highly undervalued with 60 million dollars in current assets not including inventory , and 10 million in total liabilities :x

indeed.:D:smokin

DO you guys no any good free platforms (for mac) or websites, which are good for basic tech analysis. I mean to check MACD, RSI etc real-time.

Last edited:
There was an interesting article today in the web that talked about APPLE being undervalued at its current price.

Did anyone get a chance to read up on it?

Could have had close to a double already o DXPE Feb 50s if I had pulled the trigger at the lower BB. I need to stop being such a *****. Lower BB --> go long with calls --> easy money.

can you guys help me with some advice....
recently i just opened up a roth IRA with 1k
thnking about pulling 4k from my liquid savings and dumping into roth ira
basically im just trying to invest while still young and starting in my career

i been looking at CMG, DXPE, FIVE, WLP, WCG, HUM, PCAR, GNW

Honestly, since this is your IRA, look for dividend yield. A return of 4-5% with historical low interest rates isn't anything to sneeze at.

CMG is really, really expensive to own. You'd get like 10 shares. It's not worth it.

Could have had close to a double already o DXPE Feb 50s if I had pulled the trigger at the lower BB. I need to stop being such a *****. Lower BB --> go long with calls --> easy money.

I couldn't imagine DXPE options plays, myself...fairly high delta and the underlying price has been moving between 45-49 a fair amount.

I feel like this thread should be two separate threads....

1. Fundamental investment thread

2. Stock market trading and options thread

It just seems like the aside from the fact that they both involve stocks, there is very little common ground here.  There is a very real core difference ideologically between the two.

In and out in a very short time span though. Not something to hold on to.

:lol: Well, right..they're options. I just meant with such volatility given the underlying, there's too much going on for me. I'd always feel like I'm leaving money on the table with that play which goes against how I feel with equities generally. That's all I mean.

Hope you're not killing yourself with your 80 hours weeks.

Almost hit $700. And on my birthday too. I was between cases at the close. Thought we were going to get it. I can see us hitting it tomorrow and pullback almost immediately. We've had a nice little run up following the iPhone announcement.

I have been on NT for a year now and mainly just enjoy reading. Now that I saw this thread, I'm really interested. I'm a Finance major, but just a freshman so I haven't gotten into any finance classes yet. Where is a good spot to start for me learning about stocks? I know a little bit but not a ton. Any articles, websites or anything would be awesome!

I have been on NT for a year now and mainly just enjoy reading. Now that I saw this thread, I'm really interested. I'm a Finance major, but just a freshman so I haven't gotten into any finance classes yet. Where is a good spot to start for me learning about stocks? I know a little bit but not a ton. Any articles, websites or anything would be awesome!
Seeking Alpha is a good start. Make a practice trading account. Track articles of the stocks you trade. Try to learn something new every day.

Does anyone read the 10 k or other sec fillings before investing ?

Long term investors ?

Short term investors ?

Long term investors ?
Short term investors ?
I actually recently read the 10-k / annual report for Intel.  I'm not a pro or anything, so I didn't know what to look for and what to skip so I just read it all.  It was tough reading.

If nothing else...if you have already examined the financial statements....read the part of the 10-k that pertains to Management's discussion of the past year, future prospects.

Long term investors ?

Short term investors ?

I actually recently read the 10-k / annual report for Intel.  I'm not a pro or anything, so I didn't know what to look for and what to skip so I just read it all.  It was tough reading.

If nothing else...if you have already examined the financial statements....read the part of the 10-k that pertains to Management's discussion of the past year, future prospects.

Intel is a great investment, long term.

I read parts of a few.

I like to read the risks, management decisions, and notes on financial statements and terms.

freakydestroyer - why are you smiling ?0]

Back
Top Bottom