OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

oil at 70 /b, as i thought it would

gonna get back in probably ...might go high 60s if economy keeps hurting

^^ You have to realize what's going on bro. Calling stuff like that don't work.

Read what I wrote !!

Also read what that other cat said.

What a lovely sell off as anticipated. I guess the EWers 'finally' saw this.

I am short up the yin's yang and dipping into margin. Haven't done that in a while..

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Yikes, DOLE is killing me.
smh.gif

Broke 11.35 support level. Don't know where it's headed since it is a fairly new stock and is making new lows.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Read what I wrote !!

chief i do my DD and take into account what goes on in the markets, i have access to bloomberg at work so that's very helpful ...i'm not "calling stuff" 

Originally Posted by teddy jam

Read what I wrote !!

chief i do my DD and take into account what goes on in the markets, i have access to bloomberg at work so that's very helpful ...i'm not "calling stuff" 

when you say bloomberg,,,your referring to this?

bloomberg.jpg

If so,
pimp.gif

Bloomberg terminal FTW.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

RunningFishy wrote:

Read what I wrote !!

when you say bloomberg,,,your referring to this?

bloomberg.jpg

If so,
pimp.gif

Bloomberg terminal FTW.

I have access to a bloomie too. That's not what he meant though. He meant if you're going to say that oils gonna go to 60 or whatever, provide reasoning. Do you realize how bad would this thread be if we just wrote things like "SPY's going to 950"?

^^^ You are just too smart.. Like said, you know your stuff, and you carry a demeanor that separates yourself. It's like you see right through and you deserve the respect !!

I have a bloomberg, but I don't really use it. LOL

The erection stopped me out on the retracement.

I could not find any reason, nor come to a conclusion than to say that the erection was due to the squeeze cover. However, the whole artificial movement and late day ramp and monday green are apparent. But, I am still sticking to what I know and see; I am playing the bear side. Such erections don't occur, not even if Keri Hilson was 1/2 nude.

My dumb trade was getting in on the breakdown, not realizing market movers would come in and do what it did.

Everyone sees OIL at great opportunities as well as some large caps.

GOOD LUCK =)

^ I didn't even say anything smart... just the truth. I hope you aren't paying for that bb terminal if you aren't using it. Bloomies are 1700 a month.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

^ I didn't even say anything smart... just the truth. I hope you aren't paying for that bb terminal if you aren't using it. Bloomies are 1700 a month.

At work, but I don't use it much.  At least not for trading. 

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Yikes, DOLE is killing me.
smh.gif

Broke 11.35 support level. Don't know where it's headed since it is a fairly new stock and is making new lows.
Yeah looks like all-time lows for now. Not worried though.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

didnt have the funds to cop more ng on the dip...... sucks

I am expecting something to happen overnight this weekend.  Maybe another Dubai news, but I just have a very awkward gut feeling.

Read what I wrote !!

Just giving you a hard time...
wink.gif

I am looking to go LONG oil as well, and I'm sure the vultures are circling.  But if indeed we are going into another double dip situation, you have to be careful, since those ETFs will shake you silly, unless you are on the 'right' side of things. =)

Have a good one bro.

didn't get into oil today as it recovered to 71 and change

i feel there is some downside still - we'll see how mkts open up next week

i didn't avg down NG @ 5 today either, i was a bit scared to put more in it, as 100% of my acct would be in it ..i'd rather not keep it all in a gold stock that is more of a long-term hold

i didn't avg down NG @ 5 today either, i was a bit scared to put more in it, as 100% of my acct would be in it ..i'd rather not keep it all in a gold stock that is more of a long-term hold

100% of an entire account in one security? Not a good idea.

yea but what if someone only has like 1k to do stocks? shouldnt they go all in on one stock?

correct..

Originally Posted by andycrazn

yea but what if someone only has like 1k to do stocks? shouldnt they go all in on one stock?

Don't you have well over the threshold for a margin account? That is, unless you blew it up in 1 day to dip back into $1K?

I don't consider myself up there enough to teach or preach, neither will it matter.  The market and trader relationship is that of a human being w/ an omnipotent being.  It's a special relationship that you must discover on your own.

But I will say that, it's not a matter of $$, rather it's fundamentals and money management.  I also firmly believe that you must lose money, and at least blow your account up to a point where you've reached an epiphany.  It is so, because this is how it is.  Those that have attained it, know what I'm talking about.  This applies w/ everything else.  Over time the market will let you know if you should still develop that relationship w/ it.
wink.gif

Growing pains are a must, anything else is just paper money.

Last for weekend I guess:

I like the COLTS

My Sentiment:

I will continue to short retracements as I see fit. I am carrying nearly 80-90% margin into the weekend. My stops will be tight as I will guage how things play out.
But if news breaks out, we can guess w/o hesitation how the markets will react.

*On the flip. CAN SOMEONE SUGGEST me a broker that would allow me to trade and execute orders via BLACKBERRY or DROID or whatever? You can tell I am traditional and old fashioned.

CALL

I am going to go out and say this as a 'TIP'
SHORT will be your friend !

Now, if you make money on it, and I know you will, please take the time to donate your profits to a legitimate charity/organization.  It doesn't have to be Haiti related.

Also, for those interested, please buy  me a pair of Kobe Vs to 'Thank' me.  PM me if serious.
roll.gif

I am serious on all accounts.  And if it doesn't come into fruition and if what I've said about the Dollar being swung in a week ago for the past few day's event, then discard me as a 'troll'.  If you don't bank on it, and have the trust, then I will probably discard myself here in this thread anyhow...

Dead_Bull.jpg

RIP: 02.08.10 - 02.09.10

Anyone have any advice on BAC? I got in when it was at 11, and today it finished at exactly 15. Is it time to sell?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Anyone have any advice on BAC? I got in when it was at 11, and today it finished at exactly 15. Is it time to sell?

that's a long time ago.

if over 1 year, and i think soon it'll hit 1 year, sell for lower tax cap gain

then again 11 is a good price.

i would hold, but i would keep an eye.. if BAC dips below 14.. make a move !

Back
Top Bottom