OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

So what are the lessons?
If we have a long term investing outlook (5-10-15 years) don’t overreact.
Diversify - I think most of us have almost everything invested in growth/tech stocks
Take profits
Save cash for dips

Agree/disagree/what else?
be patient and disciplined - nimble, spread your orders throughout ranges. don't be deploying entire cash stack within a few days..

like jrs said, better to say i shouldve bought more.

edit: also very important to not be over leveraged. if you're bugging you gotta re-evaluate your portfolio and/or how much you got in the market.

Last edited:
all about perspective and timeline.

if you want to balance long term and short term, you trade around a core.

I want to own 50 shares of stock XYZ for the next 10 years. Stock XYZ goes down 10% I buy 15-25 shares. it goes back up, I sell the shares I added (sell by highest cost, don't use the default setting). rinse and repeat.

if you dont want the headache or tax bill, just buy actively and hold.

Filled a risk reversal in LFMD (formerly CVLB). August 25-45 call spread, sold the 10-5 put spread for 1.50 debit. Max risk is 650 if it’s under 10. Max profit is 2000-150=1850 if it’s over 45.

TDOC, NVDA, and MGNI earnings tomorrow. Even though i closed out of my position for MGNI still looking forward to it.

I forget, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. This is the slowest time of the year economically? Right before tax season and tax refunds.

Not a single thing in my portfolio is green today.

I'm way too tech heavy.

Also, I hope we've bottomed. Everybody has had their chance to buy the dip :lol:

i just jumped in this thread for the first time in a while, after seeing my RH...and this message is too real. Tesla man :smh: thinking i should bail now while i can still turn a profit...

Back
Top Bottom