OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I hope we get another leg down. I didn’t get to buy everything I wanted. I need more pins, curi and nvda.

today was a prime example of why you need a plan going in and alerts/limit orders set. Could have had a solid green day if I had limits set for the entire portfolio.

1614137707988.png

txyc5

While most are buying the dip, I'm shorting even more. That monthly candle is nasty. If it turns red... look out below.

I play it very safe, mostly tech like apple, Microsoft, tsla (even with volatility), and roku which i got in earlier in the year. Have some airlines just holding till pandemic over, some hopefuls like NIO, energy companies etc. Not day trading, just planning to hold many of these for couple years, want to throw a nice bag at more tech but with all this correction talk, hope a big sale is coming. Then check again in 2-3 years lol

my heart can’t take the day to day

Do you guys want a pull back or a crash to be buyers? Because a lot of great names were down big today. SQ was 17% off it’s highs, TDOC 27%, JMIA 39%, ROKU 20% etc. I understand we’re wired in a way that makes it hard to see a stock up from the first time we looked at it and think it’s a good buy, but you can’t price anchor. Go top down. What % off the highs are we? 15%+ and you have to consider buying strong stocks. You can’t hope for a crash to give you SQ at $35 again. You have to adjust to the new normal. Especially when we hit key support levels and start to bounce off of them. Most of these stocks hit their 70dma, shook below and regained. That right there is your trigger. Either you blind buy the 70 and hope for the best with a stop somewhere, or you actively wait for that reclaim to initiate with risk against the low of day. You can’t get easier than that if you’re looking to buy a dip. I wish I bought more today, but I literally couldn’t unless I went on margin and this isn’t the market or time to do that so I had to accept missing awesome deals in some stocks.

Solid quarter for JMIA despite growth declining 19%. Why? Because losses decreased 47% and the transition story to selling more everyday items instead of bigger items and turning into a platform rather than a merchant is working. As they get closer to profitability the growth will ramp up and this could be a 5 bagger from here if the analyst estimates for the next two years are accurate.

I got into jumia at $8. I need dig into their earnings report and decide if I want to buy more or walk away.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm thoughts on ARKF? Or better off just grabbing individual shares of SQ, SE, PINS etc
I'm long them individually. if you have a smaller account, it might be best to buy the ETF from that standpoint rather than buying 2 shares of each.

10 yr hits 1.4%, market selling hard. Be cautious and ready. Keep perspective. Use yesterday's lows as a guide.

I'm long them individually. if you have a smaller account, it might be best to buy the ETF from that standpoint rather than buying 2 shares of each.

10 yr hits 1.4%, market selling hard. Be cautious and ready. Keep perspective. Use yesterday's lows as a guide.
Thanks, yeah I got SQ and PINS individually already but only a few shares of each. ETF might be the move here.

you buying today?Got post notifications on for your twitter

Back
Top Bottom