OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I’m more afraid of another covid variant/lockdown and for it to cause another marker crash/significant pull back
That's very true. We are in a bull market and the pullback is definitely gonna hurt when it arrives. I'm wondering how the stimmy check is gonna impact the market though. YOu know there are people who are gonna just toss it in the market. That might cause a nice pump where you can take some profit

Looks like the ad fraud thematic is tied to roku and not kbnt so I exited that spec and won’t be trying to guess what the best top pick is

Ended up grabbing more PLTR and im up to my target of 500 shares now. Might grab some long term calls too

trimmed some of my highest cost TSLA for small losses for some more flexibility

very content with my portfolio now.My 3 long term holds been getting beat up the past couple weeks, hoping they rebound nicely

These companies are slacking with 1099 tax info this year. RH has theirs available now but the ability to import has been delayed to 2/21, and another brokerage that I use has filed an extension through to 2/28

Yet we still have just til 4/15 to file

What a mess.

I spend quite a bit of time trying to get to zero , so I can use that money for real investments and it's always off target.

Any other places delaying things?

Sold PTON and SFTW after hours. Want to have more cash handy in case we see a deeper pull. Still not seeing any set ups that excite me.

my first 3 weeks in the game:
Up $1900 on cryptos.
down $100 on stocks (that I’ve sold, mostly Vlad’s fault)

These companies are slacking with 1099 tax info this year. RH has theirs available now but the ability to import has been delayed to 2/21, and another brokerage that I use has filed an extension through to 2/28

What a mess.

I spend quite a bit of time trying to get to zero , so I can use that money for real investments and it's always off target.

merrill edge hasn’t sent mine, been waiting a month for them to complete my taxes.

my first 3 weeks in the game:
Up $1900 on cryptos.
down $100 on stocks (that I’ve sold, mostly Vlad’s fault)
Lesson number one, it’s no ones fault but yours. If you can’t point out explicitly on a chart why you bought or sold a stock, you’re not ready to be trading and should be buying and holding.

I hope you’re ready for reflation and inflation issues to pop up. The easy part of this game is ending.

Last edited:
Lesson number one, it’s no ones fault but yours. If you can’t point out explicitly on a chart why you bought or sold a stock, you’re not ready to be trading and should be buying and holding.

I hope you’re ready for reflation and inflation issues to pop up. The easy part of this game is ending.

I know what I did wrong and when I needed to sell on most of the stuff I took a loss on or should have made more money on something. Should have sold a few hours into when restrictions were put on stocks. But was thinking it would have been lifted in less than a day and not after several days. Also hoped that when they were lifted demand would swing back, but after a few days, hype on anything dies in most cases.

Made almost all of it back, so no big deal (and took a little bit higher of a loss in some places just to change my positions into something else and not be bothered). Just wanted my losses to be the market bursting the bubble, not the bubble being burst in other ways.

Also I’m fully expecting for anything I have in BTC and ETH to disappear by them dropping 20-30%, just can’t panic. Unless some of the people who are bulls on crypto start sounding the alarm or talking different and business don’t continue to dip their toes in it. Gotta leave the money there and know it’s an age 40 play (I’m 31)

Cause congress dropped all the balls :lol: Some of those questionings were embarrassing.
I still think it was a pump and dump that folks got caught up in
But the crazy part to me is the day that Robinhood and other platforms decided to restrict the buying
GME still went up another $100
So you mean to tell me some of those people who bought the day before that was able to sale for profit still didn’t
Even with the fact that they restrict new buys
Who’s fault is that
And I’m not saying for the dudes who bought at the high the day before
I’m talking about the buyers at close that had the opportunity to sale for profit but didn’t
Even while knowing the situation around it the following day

What a mess.

My payroll company told me I won’t get my Schedule H until 3/31...

RH also wasn’t totally transparent at the time. Still aren’t. I get it’s in their user agreement. So what they did was legal. But for an industry that’s about free markets, almost more than anyone else, they certainly pick and choose when they believe it while yelling for free markets. If people lose their shirts, it is what it is. That’s the stock market. Should happen like it happens every day to some traders. It basically made a stock 100% supply, 0% demand.

I’m not condoning what RH did but I firmly believe they inadvertently saved a lot of stoopid people money.
RH also wasn’t totally transparent at the time. Still aren’t. I get it’s in their user agreement. So what they did was legal. But for an industry that’s about free markets, almost more than anyone else, they certainly pick and choose when they believe it while yelling for free markets. If people lose their shirts, it is what it is. That’s the stock market. Should happen like it happens every day to some traders. It basically made a stock 100% supply, 0% demand.

both good points. Just that retail doesn’t get a bailout when we make stupid moves

This is all you need to do. Just wait for the set up

How far do you go back with support and resistance?
Ive seen a year, but for more established companies do you do shorter time periods. Or do you just compile every single support/resistance and make a determination from there.

Keep it simple. 21 ema, 70dma, using the previous day’s low, etc

took 25 shares of apps and FSLY at 82.75, stops at the overnight gap so 81.40 and 81.75 for them, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom