OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I sold before the year ended so that I can claim my loss. I been holding for years and never traded. I would assume my tax document would show a negative gain/loss amount. Should I contact E*TRADE or my tax advisor?
Does the 1099 show the sale of the stock at all? A lot of times people will receive corrected 1099s but I would contact E*Trade and see what they say since they can see your account's activity. They should be able to let you know if a corrected 1099 will be issued.

One of these days, I'm gonna not check my phone first thing when I wake up to see how my stocks are doing. PLTR is a long play for me, but man do I regret not selling high and buying now. Better play might be to just average down a bit

I really REALLY need to understand how we don't have the stock stimmy circulating as of February 18th, 2021. Why is it so hard for the government to write on a piece of paper - $2,00 for each person, and have a vote on it?

89oizmzjd9i61.jpg

I sold before the year ended so that I can claim my loss. I been holding for years and never traded. I would assume my tax document would show a negative gain/loss amount. Should I contact E*TRADE or my tax advisor?

Did you have other gains? Did you re-enter the position (even in 2021)?

MY 1099 from TD did a reasonable job flagging wash sales and amounts that would not be allowable in terms of losses.

This can’t be right this congress guy just said kitty dude took 50k and turned it into 50M?!?!

Dumb question from a newbie...what's a good initial investment on a Roth IRA? Does it really matter? I opened one recently, haven't put any money into it yet. I've been missing out on gains since the pandemic started and figured its time I get this rolling.

I've been reading a book that was recommended in here (How To Make Money In Stocks) but I'm not not really close to understanding charts and so on yet. What other resources are out there that'll bring strong, consistent growth to a portfolio?

Dumb question from a newbie...what's a good initial investment on a Roth IRA? Does it really matter? I opened one recently, haven't put any money into it yet. I've been missing out on gains since the pandemic started and figured its time I get this rolling.

I've been reading a book that was recommended in here (How To Make Money In Stocks) but I'm not not really close to understanding charts and so on yet. What other resources are out there that'll bring strong, consistent growth to a portfolio?
You can only deposit 6k a year into a Roth. You can add funds for last year, and this year, still. So you could theoretically contribute up to 12K during this year so long as your contributions are split by 2020 and 2021. Put it all on TSLA while you figure out how the market works.

Max out that Roth IRA every year, stop waiting around

TSLA killin me, man. Down $6k 😭. Bag holding while missing out on other plays
Well at least now I don't feel so bad about my PLTR play. I've been taking profits along the way, but the lockout definitely put me back some. Plus some other dumb plays in the past 1-2 months and I'm in a similar area of being down. Looks like I'm bag holding the next 6 months

Back
Top Bottom