OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Sold more ROKU. Down to 25 shares which I’ll leave on forever. I loved this stock but hate the content news. No reason for it to be 25% of my account when I have concerns fundamentally. Second largest position behind SHOP now. Will be looking to raise cash somewhat or maintain some cash since I think we can see further weakness. reflation is a real fear and growth can be weak for a while for once. We’ve seen years of gains in months in growth so I rather be somewhat cautious in the interim while we’re crazy overbought.

If ROKU comes in $100 I’m doubling back up btw.

for the ARK etfs, right now I'm holding 100 shares of ARKG, 20 of ARKF and 15 ARKQ, should I trim some ARKG to re-allocate somewhere else?

Well at least now I don't feel so bad about my PLTR play. I've been taking profits along the way, but the lockout definitely put me back some. Plus some other dumb plays in the past 1-2 months and I'm in a similar area of being down. Looks like I'm bag holding the next 6 months

I’m more afraid of another covid variant/lockdown and for it to cause another marker crash/significant pull back

for the ARK etfs, right now I'm holding 100 shares of ARKG, 20 of ARKF and 15 ARKQ, should I trim some ARKG to re-allocate somewhere else?
I think ARKG is solid and holds CRISPR which is very good company despite what their balance sheet shows. ARKK is also a thing of beauty and the TESLA exposure allows it to go for nice rides when it breaks out.

You can only deposit 6k a year into a Roth. You can add funds for last year, and this year, still. So you could theoretically contribute up to 12K during this year so long as your contributions are split by 2020 and 2021. Put it all on TSLA while you figure out how the market works.
Will also add that the 2020 contribution has to be done by the tax deadline.

$53k worth, bought at $873. Holding for now but missed out on the MARA and CCIV run.

shares? If so, ur gonna have to wait haha. Sit back and relax. See u in a couple months

do not panic sell!

ive been getting wrecked as well on options but a pump is coming

Trying to figure out how I want to invest an extra $20K I have sitting in a savings account that’s in excess of my emergency savings. Already have about $300Kish invested in my taxable across VOO mainly, and about 10% in ARKK.

Kind of want to use the extra cash to experiment with some others. CURI has been good to me.

Stay focused and consistent. It takes time but you'll make it. I started investing at 22 with ~$5k. Took huge losses the first two years but didn't let it discourage me. Learn from your mistakes and those of others and cut the bad habits, the sooner the better. I turned 32 this year and I would say that I'm as "reckless" with the spending but the big difference is that I'm not an idiot now :lol:
I just turned 20 and I’m roughly $24k vested
2 k - BTC
6 k - S&P 500 ETF
4.5 k - ROTH IRA (FBGRX)
6 k - Actively managed stock holdings
5.5 k - Cash (CD just reached maturity)

I just turned 20 and I’m roughly $24k vested
2 k - BTC
6 k - S&P 500 ETF
4.5 k - ROTH IRA (FBGRX)
6 k - Actively managed stock holdings
5.5 k - Cash (CD just reached maturity)
good ****. you got the right mindset. you are ahead of the people your age and as time progresses the gap will significantly widen.

edit: just to even have 24k at 20 is solid man.

Back
Top Bottom