OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

You guys think there's really an interest in a streaming service strictly focused on first hand documentaries?

Tryna gaige this CURI entrance.
personally I’m leaning on the no side but StockMarketNerd on twitter had a good thread about them and they could seriously benefit from universities subscribing. I think they’re worth the lotto ticket $13 and under. Spec size so no more than 2% of your book should be in there because it can very easily fail.
Too late to enter BTWN? Think it’ll 30’s?
if tokopedia is announced this is a $30 stock. Without it, you never know but Thiel and LI are a good team and I like this on pull backs. I had an entry in the 13s, sold and then chased it back at 14.65. Will add to it once we know what it is if I like the deal. Again spec size. 1% of your book.
We're ****ing influencers now :pimp:
:nthat:
I'm definitely going to have to start buying some BABA at these prices.
I was tempted but with money being as easy as it is right now I don’t see the allure of a tough play like this. Under 200 though and it’s a steal and worth the risks. Nothing is going to happen long term. China is just flexing and putting ma in place so if you have the cash free and can wait and dca, it’s worth it.
Who else playing $IPOC 👀
Slept on this but thinking about grabbing some, spec size, I like what I’m seeing now. Wasn’t thrilled by the initial presentation but telehealth is really hot on the private markets so attention will continue to flow into public markets over time. I like the r/r. I should probably jump back into TDOC too. Cathie wood has been buying it daily and sees a 50% CAGR for the next 5 years and they have a moat because of lvgo. Personalized medicine and remote monitoring, along with genetics, is going to be a big player over the next few years. Apple needs to start becoming a big player and using the watch as a remote monitoring device more. It’s time to fill full court press on getting fda approval and developing legitimate heart, diabetes and oxygen monitoring. Want to see them buy talk space and create a huge empire here before amazon does it.

Been looking at SPACs as a way to park money while doing research on longer-term positions. Getting most units under $11 if not under $10.50 so the downside is limited relative to upside while I decide what to do with my money. I'll continue to be in $IPOA-$IPOZ (as they continue to launch) and am in $MRAC, $AJAX, and $OCA

Slept on this but thinking about grabbing some, spec size, I like what I’m seeing now. Wasn’t thrilled by the initial presentation but telehealth is really hot on the private markets so attention will continue to flow into public markets over time. I like the r/r. I should probably jump back into TDOC too. Cathie wood has been buying it daily and sees a 50% CAGR for the next 5 years and they have a moat because of lvgo. Personalized medicine and remote monitoring, along with genetics, is going to be a big player over the next few years. Apple needs to start becoming a big player and using the watch as a remote monitoring device more. It’s time to fill full court press on getting fda approval and developing legitimate heart, diabetes and oxygen monitoring. Want to see them buy talk space and create a huge empire here before amazon does it.

still plenty of upside.

Sitting on a few hundred shares with avg of $10.25

Really big on IPOC and bft
Bft is a safe play but the growth isn’t there for me at the moment. If they can accelerate I’d consider it personally but it could be $20.

one spac a lot of y’all have overlooked is LGVW. Finally broke out this week. 665% CAGR, has institutional support. Beautiful downtrend breakout over 16. I never added back the shares I trimmed but I’d consider buying more over time.

inaq intrigues me on a pull back. Baby lmnd.

lspd is a little extended from the buy point but hadn’t officially gone parabolic yet. Worth an eye. FVRR is back to the buy point. Think we see the stocks that broke out come in this week and retest their buy point or put in a new base.

Last edited:
Surprised this thread isn't big on SBE. Quite possibly the most surefire SPAC at the time when I learned of it so I went 80% in at $13 pulled out at 39 then diversified the gains. Theyre literally the biggest EV charging network in US and Europe. With the price at high 40's, not sure how much more it can run tho.

Surprised this thread isn't big on SBE. Quite possibly the most surefire SPAC at the time when I learned of it so I went 80% in at $13 pulled out at 39 then diversified the gains. Theyre literally the biggest EV charging network in US and Europe. With the price at high 40's, not sure how much more it can run tho.
Revenue growth is solid and a 60% CAGR is great but up here the valuation is a little ridiculous and unwarranted. Doesn’t mean it won’t keep going higher. EV stocks remind me of 3D printers and weed stocks. Just don’t be the last one holding the bag.

I made a mistake selling out of SKLZ. My thesis was the games look like crap and it’s not going to capture what it should but India has been seeing large growth in their games and a bet today is in the development and integration of their tech. These numbers are wonderful

Eying an entry

keep an eye on NVTA. Break below the 70dma should see this fade 5-10 bucks easily. Looking to put a hedge on in case. Would be a good buying opportunity.

Last edited:
Must read article about FUBO if you have fomo
My target was a 5-10 billion dollar marketcap. Mission accomplished and I’ll look for the next opportunity very happily.

My target was a 5-10 billion dollar marketcap. Mission accomplished and I’ll look for the next opportunity very happily.
Thanks for posting those 2 twitter threads last week

Sold 75% of my holding last week, should have sold all of it but oh well. Probably going to dump the rest next week, original entry was around $26.

Biggest thing I want all of new people to remember and keep in mind as we head into 2021, past success does not dictate future returns. Just because a stock went from $10-$130 doesn’t mean it can’t go back to $10 if the fundamentals aren’t real. Don’t average down on stocks that aren’t actually growing with a tangible product. 3D printers never recovered. Use that as your comp as we enter the new year. If a stock is trading on a product that comes out in 2025, be cautious about valuations and it’s EV/Sales multiple. Any trading at 30x sales has to be growing over 50% for it to be worthwhile as an investment. And ideally, you want 2 year estimates that look attractive, that’s value and growth converging. If you need help with tracking this data, CMLViz.com and Koyfin.com have great data on current multiples and future estimate trends. One reason I like the real estate tech sector (Z, RDFN) is because the 2 year sales multiples are very fair and their estimates are strong for earnings and sales growth. Plus Z has seen significant growth in its iBuying losses dwindling and getting near profitability. Now more than ever fundamentals will matter and will be the edge you need. Growth investing doesn’t mean just find a stock going up, but find the stock growing its sales, growing its FCF and trading at a multiple between 15-30x sales. 50x sales better be growing over 75%.

Amen, JRS. 2020 was wild across all points of life. I've never seen anything like this year in the markets. I dont know how long itll last, but the market makers pulling the rug could happen any day. Everyone stay safe and stay fluid. Change when the market changes. Dont be stubborn and broke.

Oh, and happy holidays, everyone :nthat:

and remember, when you start seeing end of day fades and green/red moves, start getting defensive. Don’t chase breakouts at that point, let price come to you.

Probably should take a position in trit
1608780136642.png

I’ve been heavy into TRIT before pre-merger when it was NFIN. The stockGods blessed me when it dropped 30-40% last week based off that rhodium rumor, backed up the truck on that major dip. Since then, it’s recouped the losses and then some:pimp:

What’s on the watchlist for next year
SDGR, Z, RDFN, NVTA, AMD, QCOM, MRVL, NVDA, DIS, ROKU, PINS, SHOP, MGNI, ACUIF, DKNG, IIPR, HLT, MAR, APPS, SKLZ, INAQ, IPOC, SNAP, U, GRVY, TRIT, VEEV, LMND, PGNY, LGVW, HAACU, BTWN, TDOC, MWK, OZON, CURI

still looking into other stocks but think life sciences/genomics, healthcare, insure tech, ad tech, gaming, ar/vr, e-commerce, fintech, 5g/AI semis will be rewarding sectors again

personally think I’m going to add INAQ, IPOC, SKLZ to my account and buy more TRIT AND PGNY

Last edited:
I've been reading about genomics back in pharmacy school. From a medicinal standpoint, it's a bubble right now, we're about 10-20 years away from actual tangible results.

I think it's similar to the tech/internet bubble of 2000. We're really seeing the benefits of it now.

Back
Top Bottom