OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I mean no matter who is president I think corporate tax rates need to rise. So that will be a hit on earnings and thus probably valuations. The rise in rates will probably be higher under Biden. But best believe that corporate rates will rise during the next 4 years.
Rise in rates?! Not happening.

Adding more roku, fsly and lvgo today in addition to a couple of mutual funds. Feel so much better after punting zm and twlo :lol: got real euphoric on the entries, did a **** job, thankfully the size was so small but I shouldn’t have added into them when I did.

Screenshot_20200716-130351_Chrome.jpg

Yikes...

What would be a good dip price to buy into Netflix? or is there run up over?

Netflix benefited from being the first large player in the streaming market with great content. I don’t see the value proposition for starting an investment in them today due to 1) increased competition from Disney and Amazon 2) the ease at which people can cancel their subscriptions.

Closed my STWD position at 15.10 now that the dividend hit. Small 8% profit for what was the biggest position in my Roth.
Bought 5 more shares in PTON at 61.40 before close. Will continue adding to that position slowly and keeping an eye on state closures.

Seems like earnings were priced into the stock...

I know some folks who bet they would run after earnings...yikes.

Was looking at some of the individual stocks in the Dow and found it surprising that some names like Coca Cola and JP Morgan are still down 15% or more YTD. For investors with a long term horizon, there’s some undervalued blue chips plays out there that pay solid dividends in the 2-3% range that could see good price appreciation once the Covid effects work their way through the economy over the next few years.

193 million subscribers and the world isn’t even fully embracing CTV yet. Netflix is far from done. Your concerns with Netflix should be their junk grade bonds and the money they spend on content.

Tsla consensus eps for q2 range between -.25 to -.65 from what i see. They aren’t expecting a profit. Its like they want to be wrong?

Tsla consensus eps for q2 range between -.25 to -.65 from what i see. They aren’t expecting a profit. Its like they want to be wrong?
The estimates im seeing in Ameritrade is $-2.53 to $1.45. Huge range but some people are expecting profits. Of course it doesnt matter what happened Q2. It's all about guiding for record deliveries, profits and distance traveled in space 8)

The estimates im seeing in Ameritrade is $-2.53 to $1.45. Huge range but some people are expecting profits. Of course it doesnt matter what happened Q2. It's all about guiding for record deliveries, profits and distance traveled in space 8)

I've been wondering if its worth getting in on this "dip" down to $1500ish, but I could see it skyrocketing higher with even somewhat good news

Sitting on PLAY, RUN, and SPCE options.

Sold RUN. Was on a nice run and doubled up off of it. Apparently CEO sold 6 mill of his stocks. Started sinking. Might pick it up again later.

SPCE going up nice. Disney exec was poached as a new ceo. A cabin reveal or something is happening in like 2 weeks. Feel like this has a lot more room to grow but who knows. Earnings is early August iirc which I'm leaning more bad than good.

nibbled a little fsly, NVTA and LVGO. not starting any new positions unless we come in more and ill buy back documents at 173, ddog at 77 and aye at 135.

Back
Top Bottom