OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

i feel like that's the mindset the media is throwing out there as well. i wonder what's up. that's why i feel like it'll be a strong year, but same time, fed could just flip it. they pretty much just did

Yield curve close to inverting, EU and Chinese economies slowing down, emerging markets getting crushed, earnings growth declining, GDP growth declining, Market up massively in a short period of time, FED changing course trying to keep propping up the market; all things that make me feel a big drop is coming. A good trade deal might carry us higher but risk/reward doesn't look too good; I can see a double top forming on Nasdaq. Sold my riskier holdings after FED announcement and holding a lot of cash now.

Yield curve close to inverting, EU and Chinese economies slowing down, emerging markets getting crushed, earnings growth declining, GDP growth declining, Market up massively in a short period of time, FED changing course trying to keep propping up the market; all things that make me feel a big drop is coming. A good trade deal might carry us higher but risk/reward doesn't look too good; I can see a double top forming on Nasdaq. Sold my riskier holdings after FED announcement and holding a lot of cash now.

Thoughts on gold over the next year?

Thoughts on gold over the next year?

No idea. Gold tends to go up during bad economic times, and you can make great returns if you time it properly (like what happened in 2005-11) but I don't like to hold it personally. I'd rather be in something with a consistent yield and lower risk.

Yall going to short by playing options? I didnt think you could short IPOs until after a certain time frame. That said, I'm not touching either until after they get dumped and the stock price gets hammered after the initial selloff. Long term, I think both companies are going to do very well in terms of investment returns.

Yall going to short by playing options? I didnt think you could short IPOs until after a certain time frame. That said, I'm not touching either until after they get dumped and the stock price gets hammered after the initial selloff. Long term, I think both companies are going to do very well in terms of investment returns.

No you can short right away. Some IPOs are tougher (smaller company’s) but both will be massive.

Borrows can take anywhere from a day to a couple of weeks if it’s a small one. With these two borrows should be available within a few days.

Back
Top Bottom