:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Basically seaglow is an agent that chemically reacts with the oxidized parts of your clear soled shoes to make it clear again, seaglow comes with a lil brillopad thing which will create small creavises (sp?) to allow the seaglow seep in more to have a better effect. People were talking about using sandpaper to seeif the effect would be even better than the steel wool thing. I really dont know the process from A to Z but i know that you apply the sea glow on and puteither in direct sun light or UV lights for a period of time to activate the chemical process. I hope that helps and anybody can come in and plug the holes inmy advice.

^^^ thanks alot....

if anyone can point me in the direction of the pages with the details on how to do this i'd appreciate it.

hello NT

i was wondering if anyone know what would be a good thing to do or buy to get rid of some creases on 13s??
i love 13s but for some reason they crease real easy

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

Whats good NT......? This is my first visit to the SM thread. Had a quick question for the experts. Another foam question....sorry.

I have a pair of DS 07 Royal Foams that are startin to yellow (prolly from walkin round the house in em lookin in the mirror) but anyway i know i have to use seaglow and i know something about putting em in the sun. Now i'm hearin something about sandpaper....i'm clueless. Can anyone explain to me this process of gittin em clean from A to Z. Like what i need and how long to do each step. I figure i would prolly wear em if i knew how to keep the soles clear. Appreciate any help.

Also does this sealant work to seal the shoes after..?..Island Girl SilkNSeal Product......do i need this also.....?

is this a good site to buy the seaglow...? http://www.boatdetailing.info/seaglowshoecleaner.htm
my boy andfattoo always comes thru with the answers! as far as using the sandpaper, get a fine grit paper first to use. i would just use thesynthetic pad that comes with the sea glow first before even considering using the paper. as far as the sealant, i wouldn't get it. all it's going todo is make your soles really slippery because your making it a more smoother surface. as far as buying sea glow, i just go onto island girl products and justget from there. no sales tax unless you live in hawaii.

Originally Posted by SKRIBZZRC

My bad ive Been out doin some +$#@ the past days. But thanks for comment on my shoes. Pics follow this description.

My 11's took about 4 days 16 hours a day under the light (only while i was home)

Alright here is my technique that is proven to work.

You need 1 COOL WHITE fluorescent lightbulb and one Regular or off white. Mine is called kitchen. its more of a yellow/orange than the regular bulbs.

The light fixture i purchased from canadian tire (if you live in canada) for $21 and each lightbulb was $4. seaglow was purchased from islandgirlproducts.

You need a holder that holds 2 lightblubs the 2 i mentioned above.

Place the kicks as close as you can towards the light but at the same time make it so the light hits all portions of the sole. I kept mine about 4 - 6 inches away.

Thats the lights. now onto the seaglow steps

1. Use a scrubber or something that is kind of hard and scrub soles so all dirt is absent.
2. Wait for soles to completely dry.
3. DONT put seaglow into like a bowl and leave it for a couple days. it kinda dries around edges and to my knowledge kinda evaporates. just use as much as you need each time and keep it in original bottle
4. Use a toothbrush to apply seaglow rather than a Q-Tip because it is way easier toothbrush flexes and gets into all crevices.
5. USE THE Steel wool type scrubber that islandgirl gives you with the seaglow every time before you apply seaglow. each time you reapply scrub. THEN add seaglow so it works it into the soles. You can even scrub it with seaglow on it if youd like. its kinda messy
6. Allow about 5 hours in between re applying seaglow. or whenever you notice its not wet anymore. it takes alot longer than it does when you place it in the heat of the sun.
7. Re apply until desired results.
8. when done SCRUB OFF ALL SEAGLOW. THOROUGHLY!

PRECAUTIONS!

1. Make sure you dont OD on seaglow on the shoe and let it drip down the sides onto the suede or seems of the shoe. My XI"s had blue stains on em that took alot of scrubbing to get out.

This is BEFORE I WAS DONE SEAGLOWING Notice the blue stain on the suede upper.

2. Make sure your lights are wired correctly and try not to put a cloth or tower over it because that locks in heat and may overhead the light.

Now onto pics of my shoes.

This is before when i made my collection post.

This is the shoe before under the light

This is after under the light.

This is after in daylight (brings out the blueness in daylight)

These are my black metallic LOW VI's Before piss yellow

This is all i did before i ran out of seaglow. Took about 24 hours to do this.

Big ups to pimpjobu and andfattoo (that rhymes son), you guys been putting in a lot of work to answer these questions

How should i store my DS '06 retro V's to prevent them from yellowing?
or atleast detain it from happening or well keep them to where it would take a long time for them to do because it is inevitable?

Anybody have any idea how to remove scuffs and stains from the shiny white leather on the toebox of the inline kobe IV

Originally Posted by blue23jordan

or atleast detain it from happening or well keep them to where it would take a long time for them to do because it is inevitable?

still need help with that ^^^

and how should i store my DS Motorsport XX3's.?

my advice is to wear and enjoy your shoes man. but if you insist on keeping them DS. Store them in a dark, dry closet. You can throw some silica packs in thereif you like.

Originally Posted by sosmoove

Big ups to pimpjobu and andfattoo (that rhymes son), you guys been putting in a lot of work to answer these questions
Thanks man, but i think pimpjobu deserves more of it than me, he be killing the questions.
wink.gif

andfattoo and pimpjobu.......good lookin out. Thought i was on my own for a few days there. Very helpful....appreciate u takin the time to get that info forme.

andfattoo pretty much told it right. store in a dark cool place, silica packs optional. some people take out the paper inside of the box as they feel that the acid in the paper helps speed up the process in yellowing the clear soles. i really don't know if it does or not. i keep all my shoes in the original boxes unless i got them without the boxes. you might want to check on them periodically to make sure they're still good. but don't let them sit for a long time, like years being ds just because you want some clear soles. i can see your next question being "i just busted out my ds '06 v's and they cracked on me after 1 wear, what can i do?" just wear the shoes and keep them clean. worse case scenario is you have to learn how to use sea glow. me and everyone else in here are pretty much damn experts now with this wonder elixer. and for the question on the kobe iv scuff marks, magic eraser. buy it, use it, love it. you can thank me later
wink.gif

still need help with that ^^^

and how should i store my DS Motorsport XX3's.?

Originally Posted by Swerv1n

andfattoo and pimpjobu.......good lookin out. Thought i was on my own for a few days there. Very helpful....appreciate u takin the time to get that info for me.
No problem man, someone has helped me out in the past, so if i have the chance and the ability ima do the same.

Originally Posted by samness20

Can seaglow be used on foamposite ones without anything bad happening?

From what i know, yes..... but i have heard that the seaglow can eat up the glue that connects the sole to the shoe during the light exposure process..... sobe careful to wear you apply it.

they are mostly black, so they shouldnt get dirty easily. You should be straight if you arent walking in places that are VERY dusty. Wiping down your shoesevery once in a while should be done anyways if you really care about your shoes anyways.

Ok yall, i need some help taking out the yellowing on the sole of a few pairs of Bo Jacksons. As you can see the the white part of the sole right above thered section containing the air bubble is yellow as hell. I love my Bo's but they all seem to do this and that whole part of the snekaer doesnt hold upvery well. But Bo's are
pimp.gif
so i stll luv 'em lol. They materialis wierd tho, i dont kno if any of yall are fimilar with the Bo's but that section is like a rubbery foam i think. Anybody got any ideas or any productsto use in the sea-glow realm???

The front part near the toe box is rubber tho, any suggestions on that too???

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Try mr. clean magic eraser or if that doesnt work you may have to repaint it with angelus paint.

What is that and where can i get it? The grocery store? And where do i find that paint too? I might need it for another pair. And the red part thats chippinor peelin off of this pair too. That paint will work fo that part of the sneaker too? Thanks

Originally Posted by KiCkSaReMyLiFe

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Try mr. clean magic eraser or if that doesnt work you may have to repaint it with angelus paint.

What is that and where can i get it? The grocery store? And where do i find that paint too? I might need it for another pair. And the red part thats chippin or peelin off of this pair too. That paint will work fo that part of the sneaker too? Thanks
wow you have a lot of questions. mr clean magic eraser is sold at the grocery store, target, wal mart, etc. it's a lot cheaper at wal mart. asfar as the paint, google it and you should have a couple of choices from where to buy it and who carries the exact color you need. if you can't get theright color, you're gonna have to mix some colors to get the shade you need or go to home depot and have them do a color match with a sample of the red.the paint will work for that part too. good luck.

Hey guys, where can I ask about care and maintenance about the Air Yeezy? Or perhaps anyone can help me here.

I got my tan yeezy, and the tan leather part tends to get a bit dark easily due to dirt and dust. What do you suggest I should use/do to clean and maintain it?
Thanks in advance homies.

Back
Top Bottom