:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Forgive me if this is a repeat....

Sole sauce vs seaglow. Any suggestions?

I used seaglow years ago but i think i got a watered down version (ebay sellers are scum sometimes).

Plan on clearing up a couple pairs of foams this spring.

really? thanks.

going to do some research into that. havent heard of it before.
Np 
wink.gif

Here's what it'll look like if you do choose to buy it:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/creme-developer/SLNCAR63,default,pd.html#q=salon+care+40&start=1

I would post some reference videos but I'm at school rn.

40 volume works well, just be sure to keep the sessions to 20-30mins. Any longer you risk possible sole separation. Keep as much of the sauce away from the traction pods and the carbon fibre as possible. Less is more for the best results you want to glaze the sole. A light coating works best. Do not gob or pile it on, just a light glaze works best.

Im actually in the middle of applying my second coat of salon 40 will post my opinion of the results

Well after 2 30 min sessions I can see a slight difference. I think I would need around 10 sessions to get them where I want them. Pretty easy process tho compared to sea glow imo because it's gel and u wrap up the shoe with cling wrap.

Happy to hear, just have patience. Rushing will make the job sloppy and risk ruining the sole. Keep the session to about 2 30mins sessions per she, on a per day basis. I learned the hard way and completely destroyed a pair of nds 2006 fire reds. So I speak from experience, it was heart breaking but I learned from it. Best of luck, hope to see the results.

Tooth paste because it contains baking soda and has a bit of abrasive in it. Mild soaps are great for cleaning surfaces, but do little to scrub away deep seated dirt as there designed to be mild. Use some whitening toothpaste and coat the area. Let it sit for 15-20 mins then scrub it with and sos pad. Repeat until you get the results you want.

Happy to hear, just have patience. Rushing will make the job sloppy and risk ruining the sole. Keep the session to about 2 30mins sessions per she, on a per day basis. I learned the hard way and completely destroyed a pair of nds 2006 fire reds. So I speak from experience, it was heart breaking but I learned from it. Best of luck, hope to see the results.
Also for anyone wondering it was on a pair of 09 space jams that were pretty badly yellowed. I'm going to do only one shoe at a time for comparison/ final result purposes. I guess I might as well post pics after I finish one shoe.

@JJSmoothie thanks bud
And the saloon care 40 works. Almost learned the hard way myself with my 2000 concords! The sole separated but I quickly took a hair dryer to them and they stuck, thankfully! Since, I have done '10 white/red 6s and '13 grapes. Short simple sessions works pretty good

I wore my Air Tech Challenge's (the Agassi's with the pink sole) to a party and ****** em up

Bleached the front of them thinking it would give it that "new shoe crispy white" look back

Now the front of the shoe is kinda yellow compared to the back which still is white

How do I get the yellow bleach stains off or at least make it white again to the untrained eye

**** looks weird, I'm almost about to bleach the whole shoe so it will be consistently dingy

@JJSmoothie thanks bud
And the saloon care 40 works. Almost learned the hard way myself with my 2000 concords! The sole separated but I quickly took a hair dryer to them and they stuck, thankfully! Since, I have done '10 white/red 6s and '13 grapes. Short simple sessions works pretty good
@JJSmoothie the dish soap cold water method works great!!! Again, thank you
Np fam 
nthat.gif

I wore my Air Tech Challenge's (the Agassi's with the pink sole) to a party and ****** em up

Bleached the front of them thinking it would give it that "new shoe crispy white" look back

Now the front of the shoe is kinda yellow compared to the back which still is white

How do I get the yellow bleach stains off or at least make it white again to the untrained eye

**** looks weird, I'm almost about to bleach the whole shoe so it will be consistently dingy
Pics?

Hey guys, I was cleaning up my Cool Grey 4s and I accidentally ripped one of the shoe laces. Does anyone know what size shoe laces I have to get for Size 10 Cool Grey 4s? Also, what can I do to remove the light yellowing around the netting? Does Rit only work on White netting? Finally, does sole sauce work on the toe caps or should I just repaint over them? Thank you

Last edited:
Hey guys, I know older shoes are going to crack and I just have to accept it, but does anyone know if this can be patched up in any way? I remember reading in the past that you could use caulk or glue, anybody have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

^ can this be patched up? Maybe, but not worth the effort. Dry rot has started to happened to the midsole of those v's starting around the air pocket. It's only going to get worse with time. Even if you used a caulk or something similar it's going to push out when you walk. My only suggestion is wear them until the midsole starts to crumble, then consider a midsole swap. Plenty of members in this thread have done some sort of midsole swap on various Jordan's iii-vi. YouTube has vids to check out on doing this also. If you go the midsole swap route, practice on a beater pair to see your mistakes.

I did a touch up on my Black toe 1's but I used the wrong black.

Is there anyway to tone down the gloss or do I need to repaint them?

Hey guys, I know older shoes are going to crack and I just have to accept it, but does anyone know if this can be patched up in any way? I remember reading in the past that you could use caulk or glue, anybody have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Time to retire those, or sole swapt them

I did a touch up on my Black toe 1's but I used the wrong black.
Is there anyway to tone down the gloss or do I need to repaint them?
Angelus matte finish if you haven't used it already:

http://angelusdirect.com/products/acrylic-finisher

Krylon matte finisher spray if you have used Angelus already:

http://www.michaels.com/krylon-matte-finish/10520205.html

Try to hit a couple of local stores for the Krylon instead of online though, you might find better deals ($5 or $6 at my Walmart a couple of months ago)

Any safe way to unyellow the plastic mesh on a Pair of 5's?
I assume we're talking about the netting? If so, just cleanly saran wrap the area with some Salon Care 40 Care and leave outside for 20-30 minutes. Take the shoes inside and clean the netting off, reapply the 40 care and some new saran wrap, and take back outside for another session.

Back
Top Bottom