:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

The outsole of my OG BRED 11s are separating from the midsole in the middle of the shoes (The glue is still intact where the heel and toe is. Should I use some kind of heat gun/blow dryer to remove the whole sole, clean up the midsole and reglue or should I just reglue as it is? If I should take the route of removing the outsole, what should I be using to clean up the leftover glue on the bottom of the midsole?

The outsole of my OG BRED 11s are separating from the midsole in the middle of the shoes (The glue is still intact where the heel and toe is. Should I use some kind of heat gun/blow dryer to remove the whole sole, clean up the midsole and reglue or should I just reglue as it is? If I should take the route of removing the outsole, what should I be using to clean up the leftover glue on the bottom of the midsole?
Just reglue it as it, no point in removing the entire sole. You're just going to end up regluing the same exact things anyways, might as well keep the parts that are already intact together.

Last edited:
Guys, any suggestions on how to paint the uppers for my OG Flightposite 1s? Want to see if I can bring em back to life. Shape is still good on them.

Guys, any suggestions on how to paint the uppers for my OG Flightposite 1s? Want to see if I can bring em back to life. Shape is still good on them.
I think one of those light shades of Angelus silver would work just fine. I would paint the entire shoe though. Then get some Jason Markk on the black mesh and maybe a little bit of RIT on the white check with a small toothbrush. RIT won't fade the black if you wipe it off real quick.

I think one of those light shades of Angelus silver would work just fine. I would paint the entire shoe though. Then get some Jason Markk on the black mesh and maybe a little bit of RIT on the white check with a small toothbrush. RIT won't fade the black if you wipe it off real quick.

thanks but what kind of angelus silver? all ive seen was the leather paint which I didn't think I should use considering the material was "plastic"
not really worried about the black part. the swoosh is silver tho. I think its a silver cloth.

thanks but what kind of angelus silver? all ive seen was the leather paint which I didn't think I should use considering the material was "plastic"
not really worried about the black part. the swoosh is silver tho. I think its a silver cloth.
I was picturing Angelous Silver or the Mist. I can't imagine Nike using a non acrylic paint on the foamposite material. Plus dudes have been doing numerous customs on foamposite material and it seem to all be Angelus products. It's definitely worth a try

I was picturing Angelous Silver or the Mist. I can't imagine Nike using a non acrylic paint on the foamposite material. Plus dudes have been doing numerous customs on foamposite material and it seem to all be Angelus products. It's definitely worth a try

thanks for the insight.

Was cleaning up my concords with rit and some detergent. Any idea what this might be? Definitely not a bleed IMO. Maybe leftover chemicals? Hard to rinse out these concords though.

You must have put to much in the glass. All you need is one cap full or less per cup of water. Also you need a white non-bleach color safe detergent like Purex or Tide

Was cleaning up my concords with rit and some detergent. Any idea what this might be? Definitely not a bleed IMO. Maybe leftover chemicals? Hard to rinse out these concords though.
How long has it been since the RIT? The RIT yellows the mesh for a good 12-16 hours or so before it whitens again. I always leave it sitting in the open to air out for about 16-24 hours before applying the second session. If this is shortly after you RIT it (within 12-16hours), I wouldn't worry, it's normal.

I personally don't even use detergent all the time, just dish soap and occasionally I skip that step if the mesh is already clean. Just go straight to damping it then RIT.

Last edited:

You will want to peel the whole outsole off. The same thing happened on my OG bred and I did the same thing.

It's not norm for shoes, but may I suggest trying PlastiDip?

thanks frankw frankw but I didn't want to use plastidip. ive seen it used on cars and stuff but not for shoes. not sure it flexes properly.

How can u brighten a sole. My crimson foamposites sole has become very dull over time and I would like to know how to brighten the sole or how to change the color all together.

how can i whiten the patent leather/plastic tab of my rising suns? :nerd:  would oxyclean/retrobrite be best?
Can't whiten the patent leather... The white tabs can be but im always afraid that chemicals will eat up the plastic and makes it brittle, had og cherry 12 and the plastic tab just cracked and you can't fix it...

How can u brighten a sole. My crimson foamposites sole has become very dull over time and I would like to know how to brighten the sole or how to change the color all together.

clean them then hit them with a couples hrs of 40creme/oxy

how can i whiten the patent leather/plastic tab of my rising suns? :nerd:  would oxyclean/retrobrite be best?

yeah the tabs can be whitened but may end up weakening them. for the PL your best bet is to repaint them white

Back
Top Bottom