Official SELECTION SUNDAY THREAD - 6PM EST CBS

Originally Posted by allen3xis

What makes KU fans so certain they get it instead of Tennessee?...if they win
Tennessee lost to Arkansas...in my mind, that would give us the 1 seed....I'm not giving a biased opinion eiether...I just think that is the way itgoes....

And. We still have to beat Texas anyway.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by srvballer

1 seeds should be a lock....

North Carolina
UCLA
Memphis
and the winner of the Big 12 Title

If Texas wins, yes. If Kansas wins, I think Tennessee keeps it...
Why do you think if Texas wins they get it? But if KU wins they dont?

Originally Posted by petey yup

Jeff :frown:Bloomington, IL):: Hi Joe - You've had Illinois State in for the last week - even up to this morning. How do teams pass Illinois State, when they don't plat and/or lose their tourney games?

sn2.gif
Joe Lunardi: (1:21 PM ET ) Two things, Jeff: 1) Teams which whom ISU is competing for the final at-large positions are still playing in some cases; 2) if it were me, I'd vote the Redbirds into the field (our projections are what I think the committee will do).

Dave (IL): To answer Jeff's question, the answer is INSIDE INFORMATION, even bilas called you out JOE

sn2.gif
Joe Lunardi: (1:23 PM ET ) If you and Jay say so, then it must be true.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

By the way - if UNC is the overall number 1 seed, this tournament is wide open. That's all i'm gonna say.

Why do you think if Texas wins they get it? But if KU wins they dont?
Your best win is at USC

SOS of 59 and RPI is 6.

Tennessee has a better profile...but Texas winning today would knock them off.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kansas took a #1 seed...but don't be surprised if Tenn holds onto it

Basically what I'm asking is..What makes Texas (if they win today) get it over Tennessee?

By the way - if UNC is the overall number 1 seed, this tournament is wide open. That's all i'm gonna say.

Pretty much. I'm seeing nothing different from them. I thought the Duke game could be a turning point..I don't think it was.

Originally Posted by ku JHAWX

Basically what I'm asking is..What makes Texas (if they win today) get it over Tennessee?

As I mentioned above - committee has shown in the past a tendency to put a lot of weight on conf. tournament performances... ducking out in the semi'smay be enough to slip back to a 2 when there's about 6 teams vying for a 1.

I don't know if it'll happen - but dont' be surprised.

Wouldn't be surprised if something different happened...but I still think..
Winner of Big XII Title=#1 Seed. Period.

I do think Kansas is a better team...it just doesn't show up with the schedule and numbers

Seth(Syracuse, New York): Odds on Syracuse making the tournament? I really need to know!

sn2.gif
Joe Lunardi: (1:42 PM ET ) 20/80 against

WE BELIEVE!

Originally Posted by petey yup

Seth(Syracuse, New York): Odds on Syracuse making the tournament? I really need to know!

sn2.gif
Joe Lunardi: (1:42 PM ET ) 20/80 against

WE BELIEVE!

Wake up and look forward to next season.

So I never actually put my official list out - but i just got curious and checked out some of clemson's numbers.. and i've gotta say, this is a teamthat qualifies for a final four run in terms of numbers... or are very close to qualifying, by my system i've used for a few years.

If they play as inspired as they have this week in the next few weeks, they are a scary team with all that athleticism.

Also, IMO UCONN would be the best #4 seed in a loooooong time. Maybe an upset on a #1 seed in the Sweet 16

My bad on Butler... I was just going by their ranking... I wasnt factoring anything else in.

UNC gettin upset for sure in the tourney.

Craftsy, Later today Im going to need your final four... Im headed to Vegas Thursday
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Officer Andre

I don't go running into threads I know nothing about shooting off about stuff like I'm an expert
Winthrop over Tennessee
laugh.gif

Wow - holy 30 hour delay there fr3sh.. you're slippin bud.

Catch that Arkansas game yesterday?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by Officer Andre

I don't go running into threads I know nothing about shooting off about stuff like I'm an expert
Winthrop over Tennessee
laugh.gif

Wow - holy 30 hour delay there fr3sh.. you're slippin bud.

Catch that Arkansas game yesterday?

Nope, i had no reason to watch it since Tennessee already won the SEC Championship

Just hope Kentucky gets in.. it's been a tough and long season for them with all their injuries but I think they did enough in SEC play going 12-4 andwinning 10 out of the last 12, before the tourney. Im thinking they will be no higher than a 1) seed though which i have no problem with, I actually wouldrather be a 10,11,or 12 than an 8 or 9.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]PUT VCU IN!

if they get in, maynor and vcu will be TROUBLE
[/color]

Back
Top Bottom